• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all, 

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give, I have little to moderate computer knowledge and minimal codinging understanding

I am trying to use the google spreadsheet's =importhtml/XML function to integrate salesforce reports in to the google doc presentation.

Apparently it is suppose to pull the report from salesforce and populate a section of the spreadsheet,

However to date I haven't managed to get the import function to work.

If anyone can assist me or give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dominic

• August 17, 2012

Hi all, 

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give, I have little to moderate computer knowledge and minimal codinging understanding

I am trying to use the google spreadsheet's =importhtml/XML function to integrate salesforce reports in to the google doc presentation.

Apparently it is suppose to pull the report from salesforce and populate a section of the spreadsheet,

However to date I haven't managed to get the import function to work.

If anyone can assist me or give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dominic

• August 17, 2012

I'm attempting to use a Google Apps spreadsheet to display SF data, collect user input, and update SF records. It obtains data just fine, and executes the code that should update the SF data without error, but nothing changes in SF. Here's the code block that tries to update data in SF. Google's UrlFetchApp.fetch function does not accept the 'PATCH' method, so I use X-HTTP-Method-Override in the header. Any insight into why this silently fails? All of the authorization, SF Object Id, etc. is correct and works in a previous code block in the same function (not shown). 

My suspicion is that the X-HTTP-Method-Override doesn't work - it appears to behave as if the 'GET' method was specified, and if I add an explicit 'method : DELETE' to the options, it will delete the account record in SF even though X-HTTP-Method-Override still specifies 'PATCH".

var queryUrl = "https://na9.salesforce.com/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/Account/001E000000L8FDGIA3";
  var payload = "{\"BillingState\":\"MO\"}";

var headers = 
      { 
        "Content-type" : "application/json",
        "Authorization" : "OAuth "+accessToken,
        "X-HTTP-Method-Override" : "PATCH"
      };

var options =
      {
        "headers" : headers,  
        "payload" : payload
      };