• 24 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Last week, I worked with an experienced Salesforce consultant to create our first Apex Trigger for assinging a default lookup value in Quote. The trigger itself contains only 3 lines and takes 1 minute to write.  However we spent nearly 4 hours to write testing case. The reason is that the test script involves steps to create  master data (e.g. Account, Product, Contact), which frequnently throw errors due to associated  validation rules, workflow field updates and rollup fieds

If we enter all testing steps manually (including setting up master data), it would take max. 20 minutes.

So I am just wondering is there anything like a Macro to record manual testing steps and convert it Apex Test Class .  The admin then just needs to make minor modification to the recorded testing script. 

If we have such "Apex Test Case Reocrder" , it will dramatically reduce the effort to develop Apex trigger

Bing Maletz

• December 16, 2012

I saw many threads about Force.IDE installations issues.   I think that for non-developer newbies (like myself),  it is more important to know which installations are working. (e.g which combination of Eclipse version and Force.com IDE plugin are compatible). So I'd like to share my experience

Here please find my installation procedure which was successful and smooth

1)      Install Eclipse Classics 3.7.2 (Indigo SR2) : here is the download page  http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-372/indigosr2

2)      Install Force.com Plug in for  Eclipse 3.6:  please follow this instruction:   http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6

The above installations just installs folders with a bunch of files. You DON'T need Admin access to do the installation. But you need to make sure that you install it under a directory to which you have "full control" access. (e.g. "My Documents" folder).

If you have already installed other Eclipse version (e.g. Eclipse 4.2), you can either keep it or uninstall it (there is a uninstall directory under Eclipse folder. I could not recall the detailed path).  It is not a problem to have multiple Eclipse versions under the same machine.

(PS: I first tried Eclipse 4.2 with Force.com plug-in for Eclipse 3.6 and ended up with error related to missing component.  I tried various solutions mentioned in multiple threads but could not fix it)

Bing Maletz

• September 30, 2012

Dear All,

I am desperately lookin for help.

I am using Force.com Connector for Excel version version 16.03.  It works perfectly as long as I don't apply any filter.

Regardless what filter I applied, I alway got error message "Could not set the list property. Type Mismatch"

For example,  I tried

Account Name starts A

or

Account Name starts "A"

When I do debug, it highlights line 4 in the code below.

Sub AddClause(clauseNum As Integer) ' 5.42
    With Me.queryClausesList
        .AddItem clauseNum, clauseNum
        .List(clauseNum, 1) = Selection.Offset(0, 1)
        .List(clauseNum, 2) = Selection.Offset(0, 2)
        .List(clauseNum, 3) = Selection.Offset(0, 3)
    End With
End Sub

Please kindly help.

Thanks

Bing

• September 04, 2012

I have a SFDC country table with 216 records. I can see all of them in SFDC list view (this proves that I have access) and I can also extract them via Jitterbit dataloader.

However, when I use Excel Connector, this is what happened:

1) If I use "Table Query WIzard" or "Query Table Data", without any filder, then only 13 records returned

2) If I paste all record ID in excel,  use "Query Selected Rows", then it does retrieve data of all rows.

I tried several times. It always the same 13 records. (I could see any pattern from the 13 records)

I am using the latest Excel Connection (Version 16.03).  I did not have this problem before and also don't have problem today with other tables.  I have full SFDC admin access

Bing

Please kindly shed some lights

• August 27, 2012

I am looking for a solution to post inbound XML message in SalesForce.  The message will be posted in Salesforce tables via “UPSERT”.

I am a bit overwhelmed by various options/apps that are available, and could not decide which solution to go.

I'd like to get a inputs from the people with experiences.

An ideal solution would be free, configurable and require no coding, similar to Salesforce outbound message solution using workflow.

Thanks

Bing

• August 24, 2012

Dear All,

Below is an instant filter solution that we use in Sharepoint.  I am looking for a similar solution for Salesforce List View

http://blog.muhimbi.com/2009/09/add-real-time-filtering-to-all-lists.html

In addition, how to adjust the row limit per page in SalesForce list view

Any hints or help are highly appreciated

(PS: I am new to Salesforce community. Hope that this is the right place to post such inquiry)

Thanks

Bing

• August 17, 2012

Dear All,

I am desperately lookin for help.

I am using Force.com Connector for Excel version version 16.03.  It works perfectly as long as I don't apply any filter.

Regardless what filter I applied, I alway got error message "Could not set the list property. Type Mismatch"

For example,  I tried

Account Name starts A

or

Account Name starts "A"

When I do debug, it highlights line 4 in the code below.

Sub AddClause(clauseNum As Integer) ' 5.42
    With Me.queryClausesList
        .AddItem clauseNum, clauseNum
        .List(clauseNum, 1) = Selection.Offset(0, 1)
        .List(clauseNum, 2) = Selection.Offset(0, 2)
        .List(clauseNum, 3) = Selection.Offset(0, 3)
    End With
End Sub

Please kindly help.

Thanks

Bing

• September 04, 2012

Dear All,

Below is an instant filter solution that we use in Sharepoint.  I am looking for a similar solution for Salesforce List View

http://blog.muhimbi.com/2009/09/add-real-time-filtering-to-all-lists.html

In addition, how to adjust the row limit per page in SalesForce list view

Any hints or help are highly appreciated

(PS: I am new to Salesforce community. Hope that this is the right place to post such inquiry)

Thanks

Bing

• August 17, 2012

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

• July 02, 2012

How can I span a PageBlockSection into two columns in a one column display?

In the following code when I use columns="2" it spans two columns (you know the correct number here is four). When I use columns="1" it shows both fields in the first column.

How can show the label in the first half of the page and value in the second half of the page? I am also OK with any CSS gotcha as a solution.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Span Entire Page" columns="1" collapsible="true" >
   	<apex:inputField value="{!attr.Width__c}"/>
    	<apex:inputField value="{!attr.Height__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>   

• September 29, 2011

How do I create a relationship between tasks and a custom object database - a customer database that I created?

I want to be able to assign tasks on a customer.

Trying to standardize our greeting in all of our Email Templates used in responses, and we want to simply have a custom function that when added to an email template will look like:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

The challenge with using the BR() tag is that it actually inserts as:

Hi,<br>Thank you for contacting us.<br>

Which obviously won't render properly in a text email.

I've tried adding in \r\n, \n, just adding a carriage return in my formula, but can't seem to get any of that to work. Also tried the following, but no luck.

("Hi," & '\n' & "Thank you for contacting us." & '\n')

Any thoughts?

I have a text formula to which I would like to add a carriage return/line break.  I tried concatenating chr(13) and chr(10), but the validation didn't like it.  Is this possible?