• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a trigger that calls Database.ConvertLead when certain conditions are met.

This call succeeds in production (currently at Summer '12) but is failing in sandbox (currently at Winter '13).

We only have basic support so the help desk was not helpful.  This is in spite of the fact that this is clearly a Winter '13 release issue.

Here is the error message.

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a00V0000002mtbUIAQ; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, FinancialAccountSummaryAutoConvert: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 297185815-14206 (-1560672462): [] Trigger.FinancialAccountSummaryAutoConvert: line 89,

This is on a Database.ConvertLead call from a trigger.  I have other apex code that runs ConvertLead without issue in Winter '13.  The error only happens when called from a trigger.

• September 17, 2012

Hey all,

This is similar to my thread from last night, but the question has changed a bit. So I have a visualforce page with a regular old file input. When the form is submitted, it posts to a visualforce page attached to an apex controller. When the apex controller evaluates the file form field, it gets a reference to a temporary file, like 

/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1091191222.tmp

How would I take that file reference and do something with it? Like actually get the contents of it so I can create an attachment. Or extract the name of it? Any thoughts are much appreciated as I am a bit stuck. Thanks ahead of time!