• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I recently had an issue with the salesforce deployment in production only and not in any other full copy environment.

Deployment failed with an error and that never re-appeared. But this blocked most of the time in investigating and this part of code that failed got never changed (including triggers).

_______________________________________________________________________________________

System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Unexpected Exception thrown: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0012000000w1KO7AAM; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <Custom Obj> duplicates value on record with id: 0012000000w1KO6: [] stack

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Two Test data create and updated one after other.

All the test data are internally created and there is no option of the using the data Org. So this duplicate_value never happen to occurred for ages.

When the deployment is re-run the Duplicate_Value exception did not occur and the test passed.

I am sure there is no scenario that proves that test data will be duplicated if the objects created with the "new()".

Please can any one suggest if this error has occured to you before and solution you can advise.  Appreciate your help.

regards,

Prathaban

• October 18, 2012

It looks like the Code Coverage pages for my apex code now includes blank lines and commented out rows as "Un-covered" and highlights them in red.

Is anybody else noticing this? Is it a bug?

With thanks,

Andy