• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to make a custom button that, when clicked, checks a box (a custom field on a standard object) and then saves the record. 

Do I have to do that via a visual force page, or can it be through some fancy javascript with that button? Thanks a bunch.

I've got a custom object with number fields on it. I want to be able to report on evaluations entered into that object and those fields using an average formula. I've made it that far, but I need it to not make blank values count against the average. For instance, if I want an average of one field from that object, 1stField__C may have a total value of 25. The average of that from 5 evaluations would be 5. But in that same report, I want to average 2ndField__C. It may have one blank value, and total to 20. If it is diving the record count into that (5 records), it's 4, but one is blank. It should be diving the number of values that do not equal blank into the total (20 divided by 4, not 5) and then it would give an average of 5. Not 4.

I know that is a run on like crazy, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Still pretty new to Apex Triggers, but here is what I am trying to do.

I need the custom field Related_User__C on the custom object Activity__C to autopopulate with the current user's username. Here is what I've written:

trigger SetRelatedUser on Activity__c (before insert) {
    List <user> userid = UserInfo.getUserId();
        if (Activity__c. Related_User__c == null) 
          {
             Activity__c. Related_User__c = userid;                
          }  
}

I keep getting this error though...

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from String to LIST<User> at line 2 column 5

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate an iCalendar/.ical/.ics file based on the content of a Salesforce record?

Ideally we would like to be able to have a custom button on a record that on pressing it generates a Meeting Invite to be saved/sent from Outlook. The recipients/attendees, subject, dates, etc. would be defined by fields on the Salesforce record.

I have searched the AppExchange but cannot find anything that meets this requirement. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marco

Still pretty new to Apex Triggers, but here is what I am trying to do.

I need the custom field Related_User__C on the custom object Activity__C to autopopulate with the current user's username. Here is what I've written:

trigger SetRelatedUser on Activity__c (before insert) {
    List <user> userid = UserInfo.getUserId();
        if (Activity__c. Related_User__c == null) 
          {
             Activity__c. Related_User__c = userid;                
          }  
}

I keep getting this error though...

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from String to LIST<User> at line 2 column 5

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this one. Is there a way to set the MIME type of an email sent via APEX? Additionally, I'll want to generate and attach an ICS file with meeting invite details. The ICS file is pretty much a txt file so that shouldn't be that tricky. Has anyone tried this before?
  • June 09, 2009