• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Task gets created without a subject from this VF page. I think there some simple mistake but am unable to figure out. Can someone help me. 

public class test1 {
public task newtask {get; set;}
Public pagereference createTask()  {
NewTask= new Task(ownerid = userinfo.getUserId(),activitydate = Date.today(), Status ='Open', Priority = 'Normal',whatId = 'record id' );
insert newTask;
return new Pagereference('/apex/test1');
    }
}

<apex:page controller="test1" >
<apex:form >
<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:outputLabel value="Enter Subject: "/>
<apex:inputField value="{!NewTask.Subject}"/>
<br/>
<apex:commandButton value="Add" action="{!CreateTask}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

• September 06, 2013

Need some urgent help with converting text to PDF. Here is a snippet of my code. 

UserDoc__c is a long text field. It was works fine when it was a rich text field. 

Not the problem is, all spaces are removed and entire document appears as a single paragraph on PDF.  Appreciate any inputs. 

Blob b;
String attid;
b = blob.toPdf(candidate.UserDoc__c);
if (b != null) {
    attachment = new Attachment(Name = 'Profile.pdf', Body = b);
    attachment.OwnerId = UserInfo.getUserId();
    attachment.ParentId = Step2.id;
    attachment.IsPrivate = false;
    insert attachment;

I need to parse the content of an attachment on client record and look for a keyword. I am trying to do this in a after insert trigger on Attachment without success so far. The attachement is an outlook email saved as .msg file. 

Here is partial code. 

for (Attachment E : trigger.new) { 

String parentObj = E.ParentID;

blob attBody = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(E.Body.toString()) ;

String aContent = aBody.toString();

Wondering is it possible read contents of a .msg attachement. I was able to read text and csv attachments. 

I would really appreaciate some sample code or any other help on this. 

we created an outbound email message for integration with a third party.

The sopaAction appears on wsdl but not received by the vendor. 

I see a soapAction on wsdl. However the vendor receives a null value for soapAction. 

mail devery log shows below error

The message with Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. 

As you see the action is null. has anyone came across this situation?

Users in a certain profiles wanted to restrict some of the activities they create on a custom object record.

is it possible to show / hide an activity using record type? 

eg. Task or Event with rec type 's' is visible to every one and task / event with rec type 'h' is visible only to certain users.

I have this tab panel which switches back to Upload Tab after an update on UpdatePage. How to make it stay on Update tab? Thanks.

<apex:page >
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client">
      <apex:tab label="Upload" >
         <apex:include pageName="UploadPage"/>
      </apex:tab>
      <apex:tab label="Update">
         <apex:include pageName="UpdatePage"/>
    </apex:tabPanel>

We wanted to restict activity related list on a custom object to certain profiles. One way to do this is by page layout assignment. Just wondering what are the other ways. Tried permission sets but looks like related lists cannot be added to  permission set definition. What are other ways. Can some one throw some light on best practices. Thanks. 

Hi, 

I am trying to develop a Visual Force page to upload a csv to update existing cases.  I know we can do this with a Data Loader but we need it on a VF page. we are planning to release this tool for a small group users in our org so they can  update case details from using CSV they receive from various sources. Looking for pointers or a sample code. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. thanks,  

I am having trouble with how to go about writing a trigger to complete the following:

I have two related objects Contacts and Contact Specialties (related list on Contacts). Any time a Contact Specialty record is added, edited, or deleted from a Contact, I need a trigger to fire that loops through all Contact Specialty records on the Contact and looks to see if the Specialty field on any of the related Contact Specialty records is one of three values: "Family Medicine", "General Medicine", or "Family Practice". If so, I need to check the PCP__c checkbox on the Contact record, if not I need to uncheck the PCP__c checkbox for that contact.

Could anyone be of assistance with this?

I need to parse the content of an attachment on client record and look for a keyword. I am trying to do this in a after insert trigger on Attachment without success so far. The attachement is an outlook email saved as .msg file. 

Here is partial code. 

for (Attachment E : trigger.new) { 

String parentObj = E.ParentID;

blob attBody = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(E.Body.toString()) ;

String aContent = aBody.toString();

Wondering is it possible read contents of a .msg attachement. I was able to read text and csv attachments. 

I would really appreaciate some sample code or any other help on this. 

Need to override the standard detail page (view) of a custom object with a VF page for users in certain profiles. Tried following the example in cook book here

However I am getting a URl not found eror. For some reason the redirect URL is not working right. Need some pointers or a sample code. appreciate any kind of help. 

• January 23, 2013

Users in a certain profiles wanted to restrict some of the activities they create on a custom object record.

is it possible to show / hide an activity using record type? 

eg. Task or Event with rec type 's' is visible to every one and task / event with rec type 'h' is visible only to certain users.

I have this tab panel which switches back to Upload Tab after an update on UpdatePage. How to make it stay on Update tab? Thanks.

<apex:page >
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client">
      <apex:tab label="Upload" >
         <apex:include pageName="UploadPage"/>
      <apex:tab label="Update">
         <apex:include pageName="UpdatePage"/>
    </apex:tabPanel>

We wanted to restict activity related list on a custom object to certain profiles. One way to do this is by page layout assignment. Just wondering what are the other ways. Tried permission sets but looks like related lists cannot be added to  permission set definition. What are other ways. Can some one throw some light on best practices. Thanks. 

Hi, 

I am trying to develop a Visual Force page to upload a csv to update existing cases.  I know we can do this with a Data Loader but we need it on a VF page. we are planning to release this tool for a small group users in our org so they can  update case details from using CSV they receive from various sources. Looking for pointers or a sample code. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. thanks,  

I'm receiving the following error when trying to install SF into Juno x86:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Anyone know what's wrong?

Getting this Error in system Log. not able to Find the Reason., kindly help me for the Possible Reason. thanks

<s:Body><s:Fault><faultcode xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">a:ActionNotSupported</faultcode><faultstring xml:lang="en-AU">The message with Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver. Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).</faultstring></s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>

Hi,

I Want a page and controller..

My requirement is: I need to browse a csv file from local system..using visualforce page. after browsing csv file,records has to create in a custom object with the values in csv file by clicking a button in visualforce page.

Please can any one help me..??

Thanks & Regards,

Raju.b