• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I have a customer portal set up which allows users to log in and view cases, etc.

If a user was to navigate directly to the cases vf page, they immediately get the Salesforce default Authorization Required page that says:  "You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it. "

I know this page is usually displayed when there is an error, but there is no error.  I would like the page to redirect to the login page if the user is not logged in.  So lets say I have 2 pages:

1.  Login page

2.  Cases page

The default web address brings you to the Login page.  Once you log in, it takes you to the Cases page.  This all currently works fine.

But if a user goes straight to the cases page, it SHOULD automatically redirect them to the login page. But instead it brings them to the Authorization Required page. 

I dont see any way to do this.....???  How do I override this Authorization Required page?

Thanks

I have a custom VF page for my customer portal.  It is called PortalChangePassword.

When a user reaches this page, they fill in their username, current password, and new password.  When the code hits:  Site.changePassword, an error is returned:  "Your access is not allowed. Contact your site administrator."

This error is NOT coming from my code.  It is coming from Site.changePassword.

I am going nuts trying to figure this out...not a single google search reveals anything related to this error.

I have completely built a customized site login/registration for my customer portal, but just have one outstanding issue.  When the user clicks forgot password, it emails them a new password.  Once they log back into the portal through the custom login page, it immediately redirects them to:  _ui/system/security/ChangePassword.

The problem is that I cannot customize this page.  

I also created a custom ChangePassword page and named it ChangeUserPassword and assigned it to the Login Setting ->  Change Password Page in my site.  But it does not use this page.  It always redirects to _ui/system/security/ChangePassword once the user logs back in.

I have also set the only Enabled VF Page to be the ChangeUserPassword page.  

Is this _ui/system/security/ChangePassword page not cusomizable?  

Hi, we have a fully standalone web site (not force.com) that allows us to register customer portal users and log in, etc all from within the site using back end api calls.

We also have a force.com site for our customer portal where users can view cases, etc.  I am wondering if there is a way to transfer the login session from the external site to the native force.com site without having the user have to log back in to the force.com site.

For example, the user logs in to our external site, then wants to access the customer portal.  They click a link on our external site that takes them to our salesforce customer portal without them having to log back in.

Possible? 

I have a super simple page here showing a logged in customer portal user their cases.  

<apex:page sidebar="false">
<apex:ListViews type="Case" >
</apex:ListViews>
</apex:page>

But at the top of the list of cases there is a View Dropdown List.  I want to remove that from the page.  Any idea how?  The user is able to select multiple different Views.  I only want them to see their cases

Hi, we are trying to create a VF page to list the logged in customer portal user's cases and allow them to see each case.  The below code lists the cases when I am logged in with my user, but when I log in as on of the customer portal users, it does not list any cases.  Any ideas why?  The customer portal is all set up correctly and the user profile is set for full permission on the Case object.

<apex:page standardstylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Case" recordSetVar="cases">

<div class="box_header title_box" style="color: #fff;padding: 5px 5px;font-size: 15px; font-weight:bold">My Open Cases 

</div>

<base target="_parent"/>

<apex:pageBlock title="Viewing Cases">

<apex:form id="theForm">

<table width="100%" >

<tr><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Case Number</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Subject</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Status</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Last Updated</td></tr>

<apex:repeat var="c" value="{!cases}">

<tr>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="case_text content">

<a href="/{!c.Id}">{!c.CaseNumber}</a>

</td>  

<apex:outputText value="{!c.Subject}"  escape="false" /> 

</td>

<apex:outputText value="{!c.Status}" escape="false" /> 

</td>

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,MMMMM dd, yyyy 'at' hh:mm a z}" escape="false"> 

<apex:param value="{!c.ClosedDate}" />

</apex:outputText>

</td>

</tr>

<tr><td colspan="4" style=" border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color:#FFA500; border-bottom-width: 1px;"></td></tr>

</apex:repeat>

</table>

</apex:form>

</apex:pageBlock>

Hi, here is my scenario...I have a Person Account and within salesforce I can simply go to the Account and select Enable Customer Portal User and create the user and all is fine.

But I want to do this through the API.  So lets say I have the Account information, Id, name, etc.

What fields would I need to create the user in code?  I can think of the following, but there must be more because when I execute it, it comes back:  INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY - invalid cross reference id

Here is the objective-c code I am using...

[obj setFieldValue:@"LNameTest" field:@"LastName"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"mtest" field:@"Alias"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"someuser@yyy.com" field:@"Email"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"someuser@yyy.com.test5" field:@"Username"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"00e80000001BPSDFE" field:@"ProfileId"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"ISO-8859-1" field:@"EmailEncodingKey"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"America/New_York" field:@"TimeZoneSidKey"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"en_US" field:@"LocaleSidKey"];
        [obj setFieldValue:@"en_US" field:@"LanguageLocaleKey"];

Hi, I installed the iOS mobile SDK and got it working and am able to access objects through soql queries.  I am developing a fully native iOS app.

However, is there a way I can programmatically log in rather than having users of the app log in?  I simply need to read data from a few specific objects and update the UI.

Or, is there a way I can customize the login view that automatically pops?  I can't have my customer app showing a SalesForce logo.

The bottom line is, the customer should never know anything about SalesForce.  Although they may be given a SalesForce account, they will not know what SalesForce is.

For example, we obtain a new customer who signs up for our services.  All their data is entered into SalesForce and an account is created for them.  In the app, they need to be able to log in to access data about their account.

Hi, I have a customer portal set up which allows users to log in and view cases, etc.

If a user was to navigate directly to the cases vf page, they immediately get the Salesforce default Authorization Required page that says:  "You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it. "

I know this page is usually displayed when there is an error, but there is no error.  I would like the page to redirect to the login page if the user is not logged in.  So lets say I have 2 pages:

1.  Login page

2.  Cases page

The default web address brings you to the Login page.  Once you log in, it takes you to the Cases page.  This all currently works fine.

But if a user goes straight to the cases page, it SHOULD automatically redirect them to the login page. But instead it brings them to the Authorization Required page. 

I dont see any way to do this.....???  How do I override this Authorization Required page?

Thanks

Hi, we are trying to create a VF page to list the logged in customer portal user's cases and allow them to see each case.  The below code lists the cases when I am logged in with my user, but when I log in as on of the customer portal users, it does not list any cases.  Any ideas why?  The customer portal is all set up correctly and the user profile is set for full permission on the Case object.

<apex:page standardstylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Case" recordSetVar="cases">

<div class="box_header title_box" style="color: #fff;padding: 5px 5px;font-size: 15px; font-weight:bold">My Open Cases 

</div>

<base target="_parent"/>

<apex:pageBlock title="Viewing Cases">

<apex:form id="theForm">

<table width="100%" >

<tr><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Case Number</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Subject</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Status</td><td align="center" width="25%" class="heading">Last Updated</td></tr>

<apex:repeat var="c" value="{!cases}">

<tr>

<a href="/{!c.Id}">{!c.CaseNumber}</a>

</td>  

<apex:outputText value="{!c.Subject}"  escape="false" /> 

</td>

<apex:outputText value="{!c.Status}" escape="false" /> 

</td>

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,MMMMM dd, yyyy 'at' hh:mm a z}" escape="false"> 

<apex:param value="{!c.ClosedDate}" />

</apex:outputText>

</td>

</tr>

<tr><td colspan="4" style=" border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color:#FFA500; border-bottom-width: 1px;"></td></tr>

</apex:repeat>

</table>

</apex:form>

</apex:pageBlock>

Is it possible to customize the /_ui/system/security/ChangePassword page (fonts/colors/remove headers)?

Is it possible to place the change password fields into a custom VisualForce page.

I think I can create my own visual force page/custom controller and use the setPassword() function, but if there is an easier way I'd like to use it.

• February 25, 2010