• 25 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I just created an account to move one of our portal users to a Salesforce user. I tested out her profile and security settings perfectly in sandbox. However after checking the same settings in production, I noticed that many of the accounts that should not have been visible (as we deal with sensitive EMR data) were in fact visible. My security settings seem to partially work, as only a small fraction of accounts are available, yet these elusive handful of accounts still remain accessible. 

Is there any chance my settings are being overridden? I've checked all my other Sharing Settings and can't find a conflict. Or is my production simply broken? I don't believe it's a hierarchy issue either as this particular role is on the bottom of the heap. Any advice or answers on how to deal with this problem would be much appreciated

• January 14, 2013

I just created an account to move one of our portal users to a Salesforce user. I tested out her profile and security settings perfectly in sandbox. However after checking the same settings in production, I noticed that many of the accounts that should not have been visible (as we deal with sensitive EMR data) were in fact visible. My security settings seem to partially work, as only a small fraction of accounts are available, yet these elusive handful of accounts still remain accessible. 

Is there any chance my settings are being overridden? I've checked all my other Sharing Settings and can't find a conflict. Or is my production simply broken? I don't believe it's a hierarchy issue either as this particular role is on the bottom of the heap. Any advice or answers on how to deal with this problem would be much appreciated

• January 14, 2013
What's the best way to apply conditional styling to the rows of a table?  (Either dataTable or pageBlockTable).  I know you can use rowClasses to do alternating styles, but I want styles that will be based on one of the fields/properties of the objects that are represented in the table.

So as a simple example, if the table is a List of Opportunities, I'd want the whole row in bold if the stage is Closed Lost.

Can you take an IF expression and stick it inside the rowClasses property of the table?  Is that the best way to handle this, assuming my logic is simple enough to be represented by an IF?

Thanks!