• Member since 2013
  • ProfitPoint CRM | Power Broker

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Visual Flow Send Email seems to allow auto email using the Send Email Action...or allow auto sending of an Email Alert that could use a predefined template.  However, the template and attachments on the Email Alert will be static as it is built into the Flow.

The use case is simply to present the User with option in the flow to Send Email...then have the standard Email dialog or similar presented...user selects the template need from library, types edits into the body and Send...then back to Flow.  (The Flow would pass in Contact ID/Email variable into the email TO from previous lookup/set-variable steps in the Flow.)

Working on implementing Salesforce To Salesforce to combine multiple orgs from each of our major city markets.  Each city has its own org. Creating a single org as collective master to S2S roll up Accounts/Contacts and our custom object for deal tracking called Pursuits. 

Pursuits is a private custom managed package that is installed into each org in each city.  Pursuits object standard Name field is set to Autonumber using a basic date/seq number structure (means duplicate record names across multiple cities).  

My question is...what do you think is the best way to handle the collection and creation of multiple Pursuit records in the master roll up S2S org?  Using it as-is means that each new record in the roll up org has a newly generated seq Autonumber ID...that does not match the original source org ID at all. 

Would a trigger (in the roll up org) to prefix the standard autonumber with division field or some other field indicating the 'source city' work?  Triggers are not my strong suit...direction on approach to how this would be written?

Also working around limitations like cannot change Field Type since it is managed package with existing use.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and input...

KS

• February 28, 2013

How can access or permissions for core Force platform functionality be limited for End Users of a basic version of a app package?

Specifically, how can control and prevent the end user sys admin of my package running on Force platform to:

1. Prevent creation new Custom objects yet be able to edit existing Custom objects

2. Remove access to Workflow & Approval

3. Remove access to Dashboards

Where are these permissions and access controlled for core Force platform functions?  How do I change them?

Thanks for the guidance.

• January 16, 2013
I have a visual force page with a custom controller and extension.  On the page I have a button that I want to call a workflow to collect some info and then send an email to a group.  When the workflow is done I want to return to the original visual force page that had the button.  Is this possible?  I can't seem to save a visualforce page with an embedded workflow.  I get an error that says  the tag <flow:interview> is unknown when I create it through the eclipse IDE or an error that the parameters I want to pass do not exist if I try to do it through salesforce.  It seems it wants me to create a new controller for the new page and then run all the same code again from the original page to set the parameters all in order to set the finish attribute.  Is that correct?  Seems like a lot of work for something that should be so simple.  Can you set the finish location in the workflow itself?  That seems the reasonable thing to do.

How can access or permissions for core Force platform functionality be limited for End Users of a basic version of a app package?

Specifically, how can control and prevent the end user sys admin of my package running on Force platform to:

1. Prevent creation new Custom objects yet be able to edit existing Custom objects

2. Remove access to Workflow & Approval

3. Remove access to Dashboards

Where are these permissions and access controlled for core Force platform functions?  How do I change them?

Thanks for the guidance.

• January 16, 2013