• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I have some requirments, Can any one please help me with solutions.

1)After login into the sales force I have to provide a link to the another site called shopping cart site.

I have to display this site in my sales force. (I found that <apex:iframe> can be used to fill this requirment.)

2) After the user completes his shopping I have to pass shipping address from my sales force leads.

3)After the checkout orderid will be generated in that site, and i have to display that order id in my sales force lead for that user.

Please provide solutions for the above questions.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I am getting this error while I am generating enterprise client JARs from wsdl. I am new to wsdl , Can any one please help me with this issue.

D:\wsdl>java -classpath wsc-22-jdk-1.7.jar com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc partner.wsdl partner.jar
[WSC][wsdlc.run:312]Created temp dir: C:\Users\SukumarM\AppData\Local\Temp\wsdlc-temp-332533525663458937-dir
Exception in thread "main" com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlParseException: Unsupported Schema element found http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchem
a:complextype. At: 93:41
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Schema.read(Schema.java:139)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Types.read(Types.java:70)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Definitions.parse(Definitions.java:162)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Definitions.read(Definitions.java:104)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlFactory.create(WsdlFactory.java:68)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.<init>(wsdlc.java:75)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.run(wsdlc.java:312)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.main(wsdlc.java:303)

• September 12, 2013

Hi All,

I have created sample app in sales force using declarative method. But all my requirements are not completed. So i want to extend my app with programmetic method.

Already i have 5 custom objects in my app but using page layouts only half of the my requirments are completed. I want to extend my UI and also functionality. 

So I have decided to create visual force page. 

Can any one please tell me how to extended app functionality using coding method after sample app is created using the declarative methos.

• September 05, 2013

I have completed my sample applciation using declarative method. Now I want enhance my app using programmatic method. For this I want to use my eclipse so that other members in my team also can work on this application.

I have installed my eclipse and associated it with my developer edition account. Can anyone help me, how to check my application after making changes in eclipse.

Like java , Where we have to deploy any server(Tomcat,Weblogic etc) and how to run a

This is my visual force page

<apex:page standardController="Employee_Info__c" showHeader="false">
         <apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.LastName}!">
            <style>
            .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white;
            background-image:none}
            .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black;
            </style>
            <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="EmployeeInfoTabDetails" id="EmployeeInfoTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">
                <apex:tab label="Employee Information" name="EmployeeInfoDetails" id="EmployeeInfoTabDetails">
                    <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>
                </apex:tab>

<apex:tab label="Personal Information" name="PersoanlInfoDetails" id="PersoanlInfoTabDetails">
               <apex:tab label="Leaves Information" name="LeavesInfoDetails" id="LeavesInfoTabDetails">
                    <apex:relatedList list="Apply_New_Leave__r"/>
            </apex:tabPanel>
            <apex:form >
                <apex:inputField label="Name" value="{!Employee_Info__c.Name}"/>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save New Employee Name"/>
            </apex:form>
         </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

This is my controller

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the site login functionality
 */
global with sharing class SiteLoginController {
    global String username {get; set;}
    global String password {get; set;}

global PageReference login() {
        System.debug('Sukumar:::::::::::::::::');
        String startUrl = '/apex/EmployeeInfoTest?id=a0C9000000BaAh8';
       System.debug(startUrl);
        return Site.login(username, password, startUrl);
    }

global SiteLoginController () {}

@IsTest(SeeAllData=true) global static void testSiteLoginController () {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        SiteLoginController controller = new SiteLoginController ();
        controller.username = 'test@salesforce.com';
        controller.password = '123456';

System.assertEquals(controller.login(),null);                           
    }    
}

This is my debug log

27.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
03:01:22.028 (28412000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
03:01:22.028 (28460000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|06690000002Xyjp|VF: /apex/EmployeeInfoTest
03:01:22.525 (67358000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
03:01:22.525|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

03:01:22.067 (67394000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/EmployeeInfoTest
03:01:22.067 (67403000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

I have Some issues

1)In my debug log it is not showing any System.debug() statements.
2)Is there any problem with CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE. What is cumulative usage.
3)When I click login button in my login page it is showing me error"Error while loading visual force page".
If i remove
<apex:tab label="Leaves Information" name="LeavesInfoDetails" id="LeavesInfoTabDetails">
in my visualforce page. Employee Test visual force page is displayed correctly.

Can anyone help me with the above issues. If you need more information I will provide.

I have created HelloWorld example class in developer console which is in apex work book

public class HelloWorld{
    public static void sayYou(){
        System.debug('you');
    }

public void sayMe(){
    System.debug('Me');
    }
}

I think I have created top - level class and declared static method and instance method in that class.

But when I execute this class I am getting error saying that 'Only top-level class methods can be declared static'

Please help me if there is any wrong in my example. 

I am new to apex code.I think it is silly doubt but please help me.

Hi All,

I have some requirments, Can any one please help me with solutions.

1)After login into the sales force I have to provide a link to the another site called shopping cart site.

I have to display this site in my sales force. (I found that <apex:iframe> can be used to fill this requirment.)

2) After the user completes his shopping I have to pass shipping address from my sales force leads.

3)After the checkout orderid will be generated in that site, and i have to display that order id in my sales force lead for that user.

Please provide solutions for the above questions.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I am getting this error while I am generating enterprise client JARs from wsdl. I am new to wsdl , Can any one please help me with this issue.

D:\wsdl>java -classpath wsc-22-jdk-1.7.jar com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc partner.wsdl partner.jar
[WSC][wsdlc.run:312]Created temp dir: C:\Users\SukumarM\AppData\Local\Temp\wsdlc-temp-332533525663458937-dir
Exception in thread "main" com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlParseException: Unsupported Schema element found http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchem
a:complextype. At: 93:41
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Schema.read(Schema.java:139)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Types.read(Types.java:70)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Definitions.parse(Definitions.java:162)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.Definitions.read(Definitions.java:104)
at com.sforce.ws.wsdl.WsdlFactory.create(WsdlFactory.java:68)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.<init>(wsdlc.java:75)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.run(wsdlc.java:312)
at com.sforce.ws.tools.wsdlc.main(wsdlc.java:303)

• September 12, 2013

Hi All,

I have created sample app in sales force using declarative method. But all my requirements are not completed. So i want to extend my app with programmetic method.

Already i have 5 custom objects in my app but using page layouts only half of the my requirments are completed. I want to extend my UI and also functionality. 

So I have decided to create visual force page. 

Can any one please tell me how to extended app functionality using coding method after sample app is created using the declarative methos.

• September 05, 2013

This is my visual force page

<apex:page standardController="Employee_Info__c" showHeader="false">
         <apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.LastName}!">
            <style>
            .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white;
            .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black;
            </style>
            <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="EmployeeInfoTabDetails" id="EmployeeInfoTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">
                <apex:tab label="Employee Information" name="EmployeeInfoDetails" id="EmployeeInfoTabDetails">

<apex:tab label="Personal Information" name="PersoanlInfoDetails" id="PersoanlInfoTabDetails">
            </apex:tabPanel>
            <apex:form >
                <apex:inputField label="Name" value="{!Employee_Info__c.Name}"/>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save New Employee Name"/>
            </apex:form>
         </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

This is my controller

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the site login functionality
 */
global with sharing class SiteLoginController {
    global String username {get; set;}
    global String password {get; set;}

global PageReference login() {
        System.debug('Sukumar:::::::::::::::::');
        String startUrl = '/apex/EmployeeInfoTest?id=a0C9000000BaAh8';
       System.debug(startUrl);
        return Site.login(username, password, startUrl);
    }

global SiteLoginController () {}

@IsTest(SeeAllData=true) global static void testSiteLoginController () {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        SiteLoginController controller = new SiteLoginController ();
        controller.username = 'test@salesforce.com';
        controller.password = '123456';

System.assertEquals(controller.login(),null);                           
    }    
}

This is my debug log

27.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
03:01:22.028 (28412000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
03:01:22.028 (28460000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|06690000002Xyjp|VF: /apex/EmployeeInfoTest
03:01:22.525 (67358000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
03:01:22.525|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

03:01:22.067 (67394000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/EmployeeInfoTest
03:01:22.067 (67403000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

I have Some issues

1)In my debug log it is not showing any System.debug() statements.
2)Is there any problem with CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE. What is cumulative usage.
3)When I click login button in my login page it is showing me error"Error while loading visual force page".
If i remove
in my visualforce page. Employee Test visual force page is displayed correctly.

Can anyone help me with the above issues. If you need more information I will provide.

I have created HelloWorld example class in developer console which is in apex work book

public class HelloWorld{
    public static void sayYou(){
        System.debug('you');
    }

public void sayMe(){
    System.debug('Me');
    }
}

I think I have created top - level class and declared static method and instance method in that class.

But when I execute this class I am getting error saying that 'Only top-level class methods can be declared static'

Please help me if there is any wrong in my example. 

I am new to apex code.I think it is silly doubt but please help me.

Hi,

I have a custom site and its (https://kushanxpx-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/SMS/) there I have a page and I should be able to load the page by this URL https://kushanxpx-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/SMS/StudentDetails?id=a0R90000000NuNDEA0

But its saying "Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page. " But the page is loading without an issue if I gave the normal URL without going through the site. which is:   https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/StudentDetails?id=a0R90000000NuNDEA0

Can someone help me on this. I'm so stuck in this :(

Folks,

I got my DEV 401 few months back. I am now planning to take up the DEV 501 exam. Though I've been working in Visualforce & apex for quite sometime, I don't have a clue on what is being tested in DEV 501. Couple of people to whom I have spoken recently are also in the same state. 

Hence, I am starting this thread so that people who have taken 501 atleast once, can share with us their experience and guide/hint us on the reference materials/topics that matter.

Lets help each other !!!

P.S: I also wanted to declare that this thread is not meant to post the exam questions as it will violate salesforce.com certification rights. This thread is solely meant to share the certification exam experiences and references.