• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, we are a software business who also sell professional services. Say for example we recieve a PO for 20k of professional services in August (and mark the opp closed in august), we then want to show that 10k has been delivered in September, and 10k is left of the PO.

I have solved most of this via a custom services object related to opportunities. However where I'm struggling is having the closed revenue figure accurately reflect the delivery date of the professional services using the close date on the opportunity.

So to eloborate, say I close the opportunity in August, and we delivered 10k of services in September, when I run a report looking at closed revenue in September, I would want it to to reflect the 10k we delivered in September. As it stands it would show we'd delivered 10k, but it would show that as closed revenue for August (i.e. the close date of the opportunity).

Does anyone know how we can solve this with code? I'm thinking might have to write off the revenue figure to a table every day or something similar. any help greatly appreciated

James

Hi everyone, whilst I have some background in coding in visual basic, I am brand new to apex triggers, but I am having a go. What I'm trying to do is say populate field 'Next Activity Date' on opportunities, based on an open activity linked to the opportunity. The code below is a combination of what I have been able to piece together from websites and this message board so it is obviously a bit rubbish and doesnt work, but hopefully you can see where I'm going. I'd really really appreciate any help anyone can provide me :-)

trigger LastActivity on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

For (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new)

List<Opportunity> OpsToUpdate = [SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate,
                                                                                                  Description,
                                                                                                   Subject
                                                                                                FROM OpenActivities)
                                                                                                 FROM Opportunity];

System.debug(opp.OpenActivities);
}

Opportunity.Next_Step_Date__c = OpenActivities.ActivityDate

OpsToUpdate.add(opp);
}

Hi - we want to have an easy way to view the last activity completed on a lead or opportunity and the next activity, by reading the relevant logged activity data, and taking subject, type, date etc and fill it into lead/opportunities fields, all so that management can easily see on one line in a report what has happened, and what is to happen next.

Has anyone done similar to this?

Thanks

James

Hi there, we are a software business who also sell professional services. Say for example we recieve a PO for 20k of professional services in August (and mark the opp closed in august), we then want to show that 10k has been delivered in September, and 10k is left of the PO.

I have solved most of this via a custom services object related to opportunities. However where I'm struggling is having the closed revenue figure accurately reflect the delivery date of the professional services using the close date on the opportunity.

So to eloborate, say I close the opportunity in August, and we delivered 10k of services in September, when I run a report looking at closed revenue in September, I would want it to to reflect the 10k we delivered in September. As it stands it would show we'd delivered 10k, but it would show that as closed revenue for August (i.e. the close date of the opportunity).

Does anyone know how we can solve this with code? I'm thinking might have to write off the revenue figure to a table every day or something similar. any help greatly appreciated

James

Hi everyone, whilst I have some background in coding in visual basic, I am brand new to apex triggers, but I am having a go. What I'm trying to do is say populate field 'Next Activity Date' on opportunities, based on an open activity linked to the opportunity. The code below is a combination of what I have been able to piece together from websites and this message board so it is obviously a bit rubbish and doesnt work, but hopefully you can see where I'm going. I'd really really appreciate any help anyone can provide me :-)

trigger LastActivity on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

For (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new)

List<Opportunity> OpsToUpdate = [SELECT (SELECT ActivityDate,
                                                                                                  Description,
                                                                                                   Subject
                                                                                                FROM OpenActivities)
                                                                                                 FROM Opportunity];

System.debug(opp.OpenActivities);
}

Opportunity.Next_Step_Date__c = OpenActivities.ActivityDate

OpsToUpdate.add(opp);
}

Hi - we want to have an easy way to view the last activity completed on a lead or opportunity and the next activity, by reading the relevant logged activity data, and taking subject, type, date etc and fill it into lead/opportunities fields, all so that management can easily see on one line in a report what has happened, and what is to happen next.

Has anyone done similar to this?

Thanks

James