• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hello again folks.

i have a custom object A, with a master detail relationship to custom object B (A master, B Detail). I have another custom object C that has a lookup field to custom object B. 

i have added the related list for custom object B to the layout page for custom object C. However, when i associate B to C via the lookup field on object C (mapped to B), it does not show up in the related list on the details page for C.

any thought are much appreciated.

thanks

dustin 

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to change de default name of the agent displayed in the chat on Live Agent chat window?

By default, it is the first name + the first lettre of the last name. But can it be mofified ?

I am adding functionality into a trigger on an object which has many concurrant users; think Case or Opportunity.  There is a particular governor limit that I need to handle.

I want to know the time range that is used to determine if an updated record is to be added into an existing trigger execution or gets a new trigger.

Obviously if no trigger is currently executing the update will go in its own trigger; but how long does the trigger wait to look for other records to include in it before it begins executing?

If I have each one hundered users click save on a different record one second apart, how many trigger executions will I see?  

• 100?  (Each save gets its own trigger event, one trigger every <= 1 second)
  • 50? (every 2 seconds a new trigger execution begins)
  • 20? (every 5 seconds a new trigger execution begins) 

I want this information in order to plan use scalability, this might not be much of an issue if we have just 100 users, but what about 2000?  50,000?

I have the same VF (API 28) page & component (API 28) in two instances of SFDC; full sandbox (API 29) and Production (API 28).

In the sandbox the <apex: commandbutton> renders as <input type="submit" ...> and everything works fine.

In production the <apex: commandButton> renders as <input type="button" ...> and it DOESN"T work fine; when pressing the button the form submits properly (because the action is tied to the button), but when pressing the enter key the parameters of the button aren't passed into the controller.

I've tried catching the enter key and clicking the button in javascript, but for some reason the form still submits and doesn't work.

Has anyone run into this before?

Does anyone know how to force the commandButton to be type=submit?

The commandButton documentation doesn't state the commandButton can even be type="button" so I'm wondering if this is a known issue in v28 that is fixed in v29.

I've created a "dummy" component / page setup in v28 on production and the buttons render as submits!

I'm sure someone's going to ask me to post my code, but I'm not in a place to do that (quite yet).

I don't want certain details about our customers to be displayed on the Visitor Details page.  Specifically:

• IP address
  • Browser
  • Langauge
  • Screen resolution
  • Original Referrer

I've already disabled Field Level Security for the Profile on the Live Chat Transcript object but the data is still being displayed.

Has anyone solved this? 

VF Code

---{!subTypeIdToFormId[subType.Id] != subType.Id}---<br />
---{!subTypeIdToFormId[subType.Id]}---<br />
---{!subType.Id}---<br />

VF Output

---true---
---a0qK0000001GhxGIAS---
---a0qK0000001GhxGIAS---

Variable definitions:

Apex:
public map<Id, Id> subTypeIdToFormId {get; set;}
public map<Id, Custom_Object__c[]> typeIdToSubTypes {get; set;}
public Id typeId {get; set;} 

VF:
<apex:repeat value="{!typeIdToSubTypes[typeId]}" var="subType" >

I've created a simple Visualfore page and a Apex class to process particular record of Knowledge__kavstandard object.

Visualforce Page:
<apex:page standardController="Knowledge__kav" extensions="KnowledgeController"  title="Knowledge__kav Object">

</apex:page>

Apex Class:
public with sharing class KnowledgeController {
    public String knowledgeID {get; set;}
    public KnowledgeController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        try {
            knowledgeID = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
            System.debug('knowledgeID ===== '+knowledgeID);

} catch(Exception e) {
            System.debug('ERROR :: ' + e.getMessage());
        }        
    }
}
For that, I'm passing simple URL parameter as ID (Knowledge__kav record ID) like /apex/KnowledgeAsPDF?id=ka02a0000004JeTAAU

But I'm getting the below error message ​on visualforce page.
Id value <Knowledge__kav record ID> is not valid for the Knowledge__kav standard controller

Page Preview:

VF Page Preview with Error message
Knowledge__kav SOQl Query:

SOQL Query with specific ID result

Please help me to solve this issue.
I have a <ul> tag in a component, when I try to reRender the component only is the data not getting updated but my <ul> tags are turning into block quote. I'm not sure what the issue is.. It loads normally, but once the component gets reRendered my <ul> tags turn into <blockquotes>.
<div class="slds-dropdown slds-dropdown--right slds-dropdown--small" role="listbox" style="position:absolute;max-width:200px">
    <ul class="slds-dropdown__list" role="presentation">
        <apex:repeat value="{!c.data}" var="f">
           <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!f.isChecked}">
              <li class="slds-dropdown__item slds-is-selected" role="presentation" onclick="selectItem(event)">
              <span class="slds-lookup__item-action slds-lookup__item-action--label" role="option">
              <span class="slds-truncate">{!f.data} </span>
              </span>     
              </li>
              </apex:outputPanel>
                 <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!NOT(f.isChecked)}">
                  <li class="slds-dropdown__item" role="presentation" onclick="selectItem(event)">
                  <span class="slds-lookup__item-action slds-lookup__item-action--label" role="option">
                   <span class="slds-truncate">{!f.data}</span>
                   </span>     
                  </li>
         </apex:repeat>
    </ul>
</div>

Cannot create case in Community with Napoli designer template
Description We are testing the Community and when we change to the designer template and choose "Contact Support" we get the following error:

"Either this publisher does not exists or you don't have access to it: NewCase"
It is only a problem in the designer templates.

Please let me know how to resolve this. We are using case record types, but are not using "master" as a profile for the record type
The salesforce documentation regarding custom object limit states - 10 custom objects per license (custom objects in managed packages don’t count towards this limit) as per the link (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&language=en_US). Does this mean that a developer who is creating an app (which will be distributed as a managed package) for "Customer Community" user can only have only 10 custom objects? Or Does this mean that for a "Customer Community" user the sum of all custom objects in all the apps have to be 10?

Also since it states that custom objects in managed package are not counted in this limit, can a developer have more than 10 custom objects if the application is distributed via a managed package?

Even though the Link (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/17609/community-licenses-limit-of-custom-objects) states that this is a contractual limitation rather than a technical and installed packages do not count toward this limit, I just want to be sure
Hi,

Can Salesforce send mail or other alerts for the failure of delivering on the outbound message?

Currently, Salesforce will try to re-send the message if it is failed within 24 hours with back-off retry interval. Does salesforce can send other notification like mail for the failure?

Thanks
Charley

I have the same VF (API 28) page & component (API 28) in two instances of SFDC; full sandbox (API 29) and Production (API 28).

In the sandbox the <apex: commandbutton> renders as <input type="submit" ...> and everything works fine.

In production the <apex: commandButton> renders as <input type="button" ...> and it DOESN"T work fine; when pressing the button the form submits properly (because the action is tied to the button), but when pressing the enter key the parameters of the button aren't passed into the controller.

I've tried catching the enter key and clicking the button in javascript, but for some reason the form still submits and doesn't work.

Has anyone run into this before?

Does anyone know how to force the commandButton to be type=submit?

The commandButton documentation doesn't state the commandButton can even be type="button" so I'm wondering if this is a known issue in v28 that is fixed in v29.

I've created a "dummy" component / page setup in v28 on production and the buttons render as submits!

I'm sure someone's going to ask me to post my code, but I'm not in a place to do that (quite yet).

hello again folks.

i have a custom object A, with a master detail relationship to custom object B (A master, B Detail). I have another custom object C that has a lookup field to custom object B. 

i have added the related list for custom object B to the layout page for custom object C. However, when i associate B to C via the lookup field on object C (mapped to B), it does not show up in the related list on the details page for C.

any thought are much appreciated.

thanks

dustin 

I realized that when I tried to edit an Apex class using chrome, it failed loading the code editor. It's giving a javascript error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: setAttr is not defined

at line 411 of edit_area_loader.js library.

I have the last version of chrome: Versión 26.0.1410.64 m

Does anyone experiencing the same problem?

Regards.

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to change de default name of the agent displayed in the chat on Live Agent chat window?

By default, it is the first name + the first lettre of the last name. But can it be mofified ?

Hi All,

I'm attempting to configure OpenSSO with Salesforce for single sign-on. The "Verification Certificate" generated by OpenSSO is in text format, which is just a long encrypted string. Apparently the "Identity Provider Certificate" requires this to be in X509 certificate format. Does anyone know how to convert this encrypted string to X509 certificate format?

when i was trying to display the currency in visualforce email template its showing me like 1.5E+7(exponential).

can anyone explain me how to overcome this pls ASAP

thanks,
smk

Is there any way to access Content Workspace Members through the API. I need to get a list of memebers for a specified Workspace.

Hi, I'm using Triggers to send out emails on "AfterUpdate", however I'd like the trigger to obey the DML options:

dml.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail
dml.EmailHeader.triggerOtherEmail
dml.EmailHeader.triggerAutoResponseEmail

I figured it'd be as easy as an if statement making sure those variables are true, however I can't seem to find a way to read these variables, only set them. Is there any way to do this?

My first thought was to try the below, however it returned null:

Database.DMLOptions dml = new Database.DMLOptions();
System.debug(Logginglevel.info,dml.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail);

Then for kicks, I tried:

System.debug(Logginglevel.info,Database.DMLOptions.EmailHeader);

That didn't work either.

Any pointers? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!,

Daniel

Dear Product Manager in charge for the "Apex Scheduler",

I was wondering why my code did not worked when scheduled. After requesting the debug logs, I could see the following:

EXCEPTION_THROWN|[45,19]|System.CalloutException: Callout from scheduled Apex not supported.

Here are my questions:

1. Is this going to be officially changed?

2. Is there a workaround?

3. Did I missed something in the documentation or is it simply not written down there?

Quite disappointed,

Hannes

• March 12, 2010

I have a field that's simple text but I might want to go longer than 255.  I take it he only alternative is Text Area Long.

Are there any repercussions or limitations I may run into in using Text Area Long intead of Text?

I noticed I must make it at least two lines in page layouts (although when I picked 2, I still got 3).

Is there anything else I might run into?

Any programmatic differences when working with values in Apex?

Hi,

Suppose if i do three manage releases 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 of my app. After the third release, if i want to revert back the code which i had released in 1.0.

Is there any version control system through which i can get back the earlier code .

How can i achieve this?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

I've created a simple Visualfore page and a Apex class to process particular record of Knowledge__kavstandard object.

Visualforce Page:
<apex:page standardController="Knowledge__kav" extensions="KnowledgeController"  title="Knowledge__kav Object">

</apex:page>

Apex Class:
public with sharing class KnowledgeController {
    public String knowledgeID {get; set;}
    public KnowledgeController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        try {
            knowledgeID = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
            System.debug('knowledgeID ===== '+knowledgeID);

} catch(Exception e) {
            System.debug('ERROR :: ' + e.getMessage());
        }        
    }
}
For that, I'm passing simple URL parameter as ID (Knowledge__kav record ID) like /apex/KnowledgeAsPDF?id=ka02a0000004JeTAAU

But I'm getting the below error message ​on visualforce page.
Id value <Knowledge__kav record ID> is not valid for the Knowledge__kav standard controller

Page Preview:

VF Page Preview with Error message
Knowledge__kav SOQl Query:

SOQL Query with specific ID result

Please help me to solve this issue.
I have a <ul> tag in a component, when I try to reRender the component only is the data not getting updated but my <ul> tags are turning into block quote. I'm not sure what the issue is.. It loads normally, but once the component gets reRendered my <ul> tags turn into <blockquotes>.
<div class="slds-dropdown slds-dropdown--right slds-dropdown--small" role="listbox" style="position:absolute;max-width:200px">
    <ul class="slds-dropdown__list" role="presentation">
        <apex:repeat value="{!c.data}" var="f">
           <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!f.isChecked}">
              <li class="slds-dropdown__item slds-is-selected" role="presentation" onclick="selectItem(event)">
              <span class="slds-truncate">{!f.data} </span>
              </span>     
              </li>
                 <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!NOT(f.isChecked)}">
                  <li class="slds-dropdown__item" role="presentation" onclick="selectItem(event)">
                   <span class="slds-truncate">{!f.data}</span>
                   </span>     
                  </li>
         </apex:repeat>
    </ul>
</div>

I realized that when I tried to edit an Apex class using chrome, it failed loading the code editor. It's giving a javascript error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: setAttr is not defined

at line 411 of edit_area_loader.js library.

I have the last version of chrome: Versión 26.0.1410.64 m

Does anyone experiencing the same problem?

Regards.

Hello,

Hey,

For some weird reason I am unable to access cookies on first page load. For instance I open an Account, I see no cookies in Apex, but I do see them all with a Javascript. After I redirect to a different page and come back I do see the cookies in Apex and Javascript. That does not make any sense at all to me...

I have a debug code that fires on page load before anything else does (it is set as the first Extension):

String cookieStr = '';
for(String k : ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().keySet()) {
	cookieStr += k + ': ' + ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().get(k).getValue() + ' || ';
}
System.debug('\n\n\nAssaf1: ' + cookieStr + '\n\n\n\n');
System.debug('\n\n\nAssaf2: ' + ApexPages.currentPage().getUrl() + '\n\n\n\n');

Here is the output when I open an Account:

Assaf1: 

13:43:27.484 (1484955000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[40]|System.debug(ANY)
13:43:27.484 (1484971000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|ApexPages.currentPage()
13:43:27.484 (1484977000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
13:43:27.485 (1485028000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[41]|ApexPages.currentPage()
13:43:27.485 (1485048000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|System.PageReference.getUrl()
13:43:27.485 (1485082000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[41]|System.PageReference.getUrl()
13:43:27.485 (1485104000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|System.debug(ANY)
13:43:27.485 (1485109000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
13:43:27.485 (1485116000)|USER_DEBUG|[41]|DEBUG|

Assaf2: /apex/zoominfodev__ZoomAccountProfile?id=001d000000Ctfjl&inline=1

Because the cookies are "invalud" (do not exist) I have to forward the user to a Login page where these cookies are recreated and re-saved. Here is how:

String callbackUrl = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callbackUrl');
PageReference callbackPage = new PageReference(callbackUrl);
callbackPage.setRedirect(true);
callbackPage.setCookies(ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().values());

I then redirect back to the page I came from (Account page based on the callbackUrl) and then I do see the cookies both under Apex and Javascript. Debug output:

14:22:06.521 (521708000)|USER_DEBUG|[40]|DEBUG|

Assaf1: ziid: mYf-cYbIJ9SMVeMyK1jsCkn1hbjgRseBvXQ5YMGfvTQ4wz67jKUtC3DVoDRZZcNMrUXyDyOFx50T-pBjh0Bpfg &#124;&#124; zisession: dIFsqCKSyDHHQSn0bool0PkIceMmqWnHOzVJdL0KlxWBdBJtm853v3DVoDRZZcNMrUXyDyOFx53u2_RkupKuSu6DxxY_-6kS3rv18myyAzP9uh-aWEhH8Qp451OiK57LLRHFCHYawdkd-OOEoZBojCcvakbGt2L4eRsgTnrpHcM &#124;&#124; 

14:22:06.521 (521727000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[40]|System.debug(ANY)
14:22:06.521 (521744000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|ApexPages.currentPage()
14:22:06.521 (521750000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
14:22:06.521 (521805000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[41]|ApexPages.currentPage()
14:22:06.521 (521827000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|System.PageReference.getUrl()
14:22:06.521 (521870000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[41]|System.PageReference.getUrl()
14:22:06.521 (521895000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[41]|System.debug(ANY)
14:22:06.521 (521900000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
14:22:06.521 (521907000)|USER_DEBUG|[41]|DEBUG|

Assaf2: /apex/zoominfodev__ZoomAccountProfile?id=001d000000Ctfjl&inline=1%3Fid%3D001d000000Ctfjlinline%3D1

14:22:06.521 (521917000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[41]|System.debug(ANY)

Any ideas why I don't get those cookies when I open the Account the first time arround?

this surely smells like a bug

when i was trying to display the currency in visualforce email template its showing me like 1.5E+7(exponential).

can anyone explain me how to overcome this pls ASAP

thanks,
smk