• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best approach is when developing an application with custom objects & classes.

We created custom objects and would like to create some kind of assistance class for each object.

Example:

- custom object car: Car__C

- we need custom methods for the creation and deleting (createCar, removeCar)

- but also for changing (example: addTyre(4); )

Has salesforce something standard to support us? Do we need to create those classes ourselves (with the possibility of a static call)?

Or do salesforce has something built-in where we can add methods to custom objects? If so, are there already methods we can call on custom objects?

What is the best approach?

Kind regards,

Bruno

Hi,

Does anybody has ever used arrays in Visualflows?

It is not possible via the standard variable options in the flow, but in combination with a visualforce page etc...

Anybody knows if this is possible? If so, how to manage this?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a visualforcepage which is calling a flow with the following tag:

<flow:interview name="BasicActions" interview="{!myFlow}"  buttonStyle="" buttonLocation="bottom" reRender="rerender_panel" />        

The flow "BasicActions" has different screens and each time the next button is clicked, the reRender is triggered.

Everything fine there.

Next to this, my "BasicActions"-flow has multiple referenced flows inside. Those referenced flows have also multiple  inputscreens.

Clicking next while beiing in a referenced flow appearently doesn't trigger the reRender on the parent flow "BasicActions", while this is required in my case.

Anybody knows how to trigger the reRender when clicking on a button in the flow or referenced flow?

I want the data in the inputfields rendered on my visualforce page.

Hi,

In my flow, I would like to decide dynamically which text will appear in the "Display Text"  element for the user.

I've tried this but it is literally printing it out and not interpreting it:

{!IF((1 = 1),"Case A","Case B")}

Anyone knows how I can get it working?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a flow call on my visualforce page:

<flow:interview name="FlowA" interview="{!myFlow}"  />        

FlowA has some inputfields and at a given moment in time, it calls a subflow (FlowB), which has is own screens & inputfields.

With the input & output parameters, I pass the variables of my subflow (FlowB) to my masterflow (FlowA).

After FlowB has finished, I'm able to show the values of these variables on my visualforce page.

How can I access these variables (from FlowB) before the flow has finished and returned to the masterflow?

Is there any way to show values from variables in a subflow on a visualforce page, before I pass it to the masterflow?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I was wondering what the effect is of field level security in flows.

Example: according to field level security, a user can only see 5 fields out of 10 of an object.

When I create a visual flow, I define 10 inputfields (one for each field in the object). Nevertheless, my user should only see 5 of them. Is this automatically taken into account?

My guess is no because there is no link between my defined inputfields and the object itself. Correct? If so, is there any way to take the advantage of field level security into flows?

Thanks!

Bruno

Hi All,

I'm quite new on the Salesforce.com platform. Therefor I'm not sure what the best approach is in underlying cases:

1) How can we enable some customizing for the customers? Let's say we deliver a custom object with 20 fields, but only 10 fields or relevant for a specific customer. Is there any way of hiding/disabling/... them?

Or having a screen where the customer can say which fields he would like to use?

2) What approach do we need to have on giving the customer standard options in a dropdown. For example a list of countries, a list of specific kind of types, a list of postal codes,...

Do we need this to be defined as a picklist? But what about translation of these values? Isn't it possible to have some kind of tables where this can be maintained?

Thanks!

Hi all,

My first post on the board!

I'm looking into the possibility to print such a hierarchy on a visualforce page:

-Object 1
    * Object 3
    * Object 4
        • Object 5

# Object 7
        • Object 6

Objects are all of the same type, and relations between them are also stored in the database.

What I did so far is some looping in order to find objects related to each other.

The problem comes up when I want to add the elements the a List.

My idea was to have a List within a List within a List within a List... and loop over this on my page.

But with this part I'm stuck. How adding them to a list?

Purpose would be to have it structured with a parent object next to a list of child objects:

Object 1, List{
    Object 3, null (no list, because no child elements)
    Object 4, List {
            Object 5, List {
                    Object 7, null (no list, because no child elements)
                    }
            Object 6, null (no list, because no child elements)
            }
        }

Is this possible with lists?

Anyone did something similar so far?

Thanks for helping me out!

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best approach is when developing an application with custom objects & classes.

We created custom objects and would like to create some kind of assistance class for each object.

Example:

- custom object car: Car__C

- we need custom methods for the creation and deleting (createCar, removeCar)

- but also for changing (example: addTyre(4); )

Has salesforce something standard to support us? Do we need to create those classes ourselves (with the possibility of a static call)?

Or do salesforce has something built-in where we can add methods to custom objects? If so, are there already methods we can call on custom objects?

What is the best approach?

Kind regards,

Bruno

Hi,

Does anybody has ever used arrays in Visualflows?

It is not possible via the standard variable options in the flow, but in combination with a visualforce page etc...

Anybody knows if this is possible? If so, how to manage this?

Thanks!

Hi,

In my flow, I would like to decide dynamically which text will appear in the "Display Text"  element for the user.

I've tried this but it is literally printing it out and not interpreting it:

{!IF((1 = 1),"Case A","Case B")}

Anyone knows how I can get it working?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a flow call on my visualforce page:

<flow:interview name="FlowA" interview="{!myFlow}"  />        

FlowA has some inputfields and at a given moment in time, it calls a subflow (FlowB), which has is own screens & inputfields.

With the input & output parameters, I pass the variables of my subflow (FlowB) to my masterflow (FlowA).

After FlowB has finished, I'm able to show the values of these variables on my visualforce page.

How can I access these variables (from FlowB) before the flow has finished and returned to the masterflow?

Is there any way to show values from variables in a subflow on a visualforce page, before I pass it to the masterflow?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I was wondering what the effect is of field level security in flows.

Example: according to field level security, a user can only see 5 fields out of 10 of an object.

When I create a visual flow, I define 10 inputfields (one for each field in the object). Nevertheless, my user should only see 5 of them. Is this automatically taken into account?

My guess is no because there is no link between my defined inputfields and the object itself. Correct? If so, is there any way to take the advantage of field level security into flows?

Thanks!

Bruno

Hi All,

I'm quite new on the Salesforce.com platform. Therefor I'm not sure what the best approach is in underlying cases:

1) How can we enable some customizing for the customers? Let's say we deliver a custom object with 20 fields, but only 10 fields or relevant for a specific customer. Is there any way of hiding/disabling/... them?

Or having a screen where the customer can say which fields he would like to use?

2) What approach do we need to have on giving the customer standard options in a dropdown. For example a list of countries, a list of specific kind of types, a list of postal codes,...

Do we need this to be defined as a picklist? But what about translation of these values? Isn't it possible to have some kind of tables where this can be maintained?

Thanks!

The following error occurrs but I don't know how to solve this.

MALFORMED_QUERY: childObj__r where Location__c = :tmpVar1) from ParentObj__c ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:227 unexpected token: ':'

[Select r.Name,r.Id,
         (Select Status__c 
           From childObj__r 
          WHERE Location__c=:location )  
   From ParentObj__c r 
  where r.Location__c includes (:location) order by r.Name]));

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anna

• April 19, 2013

Hi all,

My first post on the board!

I'm looking into the possibility to print such a hierarchy on a visualforce page:

-Object 1
    * Object 3
    * Object 4
        • Object 5

# Object 7
        • Object 6

Objects are all of the same type, and relations between them are also stored in the database.

What I did so far is some looping in order to find objects related to each other.

The problem comes up when I want to add the elements the a List.

My idea was to have a List within a List within a List within a List... and loop over this on my page.

But with this part I'm stuck. How adding them to a list?

Purpose would be to have it structured with a parent object next to a list of child objects:

Object 1, List{
    Object 3, null (no list, because no child elements)
    Object 4, List {
            Object 5, List {
                    Object 7, null (no list, because no child elements)
                    }
            Object 6, null (no list, because no child elements)
            }
        }

Is this possible with lists?

Anyone did something similar so far?

Thanks for helping me out!