• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Let's say we have 2 objects "Project" and "Project_Status".

"Project_Status" has reference-type data... and let's say we have 3 records "active", "inprocess" and "complete".

Every "Project" will have a "Status".

So, I want "status" attribute of "Project" to be of type "picklist" (getting it's values from "Project_Status" object). 

PS: I do NOT want to use a "lookup" type here... I want it to be a "picklist"

What is the best practice to deal with this kind of a situation?

How do I configure "Status" attribute of "Project"

-Shri

Can someone please point me to a tutorial that can give me a good idea of orgs, users, roles, profiles and tenants.

-Shri

I'm intending to build a web app in force.com. 

I will be using custom objects only (will NOT be using the standard account, contact etc. objects of salesforce).

The UI I have in mind is nothing like the default salesforce UI (with a tab for each object). The UI I have in mind will have a lot of images, javascript graphs etc. basically, heavily driven by javascript. 

The first question I have and finding difficult to find an answer to, is, IS THIS POSSIBLE in force.com?

If possible, can you please send me a link to a video/tutorial for the same?

-Shri

Let's say we have 2 objects "Project" and "Project_Status".

"Project_Status" has reference-type data... and let's say we have 3 records "active", "inprocess" and "complete".

Every "Project" will have a "Status".

So, I want "status" attribute of "Project" to be of type "picklist" (getting it's values from "Project_Status" object). 

PS: I do NOT want to use a "lookup" type here... I want it to be a "picklist"

What is the best practice to deal with this kind of a situation?

How do I configure "Status" attribute of "Project"

-Shri

I'm intending to build a web app in force.com. 

I will be using custom objects only (will NOT be using the standard account, contact etc. objects of salesforce).

The UI I have in mind is nothing like the default salesforce UI (with a tab for each object). The UI I have in mind will have a lot of images, javascript graphs etc. basically, heavily driven by javascript. 

The first question I have and finding difficult to find an answer to, is, IS THIS POSSIBLE in force.com?

If possible, can you please send me a link to a video/tutorial for the same?

-Shri