• 5 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey, I was wondering if there is a way to view all custom fields, fieldsets, validations rules, and so on I have created in my org.
I am new to Salesforce and have an urgent need to achieve tha following:

Say for example in the Products object, I have a custom field called Product Lines, and I want to have a custom field that display all Product Numbers of other Products that have the same Product Lines Text.

Say :

Product A(Product Number = 123), B (Product Number = 124), C (Product Numebr 125) => ProductLines1

For Product A , the custom field will display 124,125
 For Product B , the custom field will display 123,125
For ProductC , the custom field will display 123,124.

Is this possible with Apex code or a plain formula field type will do the trick?  Please provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

This seems like a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer.  Can someone please tell me how can I find out exactly when a custom field was created on an object?  I can see the last modified by/date column when looking at the object definition, but how can I find out when a given field was originally created in salesforce?

Thanks....
I am trying to call a Visualforce page from a custom list button.  I have done this successfully from a detail page button by creating a page using a standard controller for the detail object, selecting Visualforce page as the content source and then picking the page I wanted from the pull down list for content.

However, I can't seem to get this to work for a list button.  I pick the list button option on the custom button or link page, and pick visualforce page for the content source, but I don't get my visualforce page to appear in the content pull down list.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

As an adjunct question, should I be using the standard controller for the detail object being displayed at the top of the page or for the objects being referenced in the list (in the case I'm working on now, the objects in the list are the same object as the detail object and reference back to the detail object)? 

I understand that one of the benefits of using a visualforce page in this manner is that the id for the detail object is automatically passed to the visualforce page, thereby making data display easier on the detail page.  If a visualforce page can be invoked from a list button, what object id is passed?  That of the detail item at the top of the page?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff

• January 16, 2009

As many of you have discovered, our developer community is awesome. The wealth of knowledge here is phenomenal. This is an all volunteer community and people who take the time to help and post answers do so totally on their own initiative. With that said when someone provides the right answer to your question please take the time to mark their answer as the accepted solution. Also give them a kudos if they've really gone the extra mile to help out. Show some love ;)