• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am having problem in deleting custom fields permanently.

Like for e.g.
I have created a custom field in Contact entity with name "Newsletter" which Salesforce internaly stores as "Newsletter__c" as custom field.

Then I use the below code to delete custom field of contact.

var cstField = new CustomField
    {
      type = FieldType.Checkbox,
      fullName = "Contact.Newsletter__c"
    };

// Delete the object
    var r = metaService.delete(new Metadata[] { cstField })[0];

The above code deletes the custom field, but keeps it under "DeletedFields" category where you can again "Erase" or "Undelete" the custom field. These custom fields are deleted automatically after 15 days.

I want to delete the custom fields from these category also as if I again create cf with same name SF gives error like "Already exists".

I also tried purgeOnDelete option too while deploying but no luck so far.

Please help.
  • June 20, 2014
I wanted to map custom fields of lead to map with custom field of contact' when converted using "binding.convertLead()".

It should replicate the behaviour what we are manually doing from UI when custom fields of Lead are mapped with contact(Navigate to SetUp->Customize->Leads->Fields then in "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships" section "Map Lead Fields" button.)

I have the C# code to convert a lead into contact. However I need to map the custom fields of lead to custom fields of contact.

Like for e.g:

1) Lead.Newsletter__c (Custom field of check box type in lead)

2) Contact.Newsletter__c(Custom field of check box type in contact)

3) Now, if "Lead.Newsletter__c" is checked then when I convert any lead to contact, then "Contact.Newsletter__c" should be checked automatically.

I am able to fetch all the custom fields by using "describeSObjects" of Partener WSDL proxy class, but still unable to located where the changes should be made

Any help appreciated.
  • June 09, 2014

Hello,

We have been using the Salesforce API for some time now. Recently we have encountered an issue in accessing fields of an entity, Contact.

While reading the contact information we used to fetch the values of 'HomePhone' and 'OtherPhone' along with other fields. However now when we try to get contact information, it is throwing an error with following message.

No such column 'HomePhone' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name.Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

The problem it seems here is, those fields (HomePhone and OtherPhone) are made disabled rather inaccessible possibly through 'Set Field-Level Security' option of the field.

Is this correct behavior?

• If NO, what should happen? 
  • If YES, how to tackle this issue?

Please advise me.

Thanks
Ashish

• May 29, 2013
I wanted to map custom fields of lead to map with custom field of contact' when converted using "binding.convertLead()".

It should replicate the behaviour what we are manually doing from UI when custom fields of Lead are mapped with contact(Navigate to SetUp->Customize->Leads->Fields then in "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships" section "Map Lead Fields" button.)

I have the C# code to convert a lead into contact. However I need to map the custom fields of lead to custom fields of contact.

Like for e.g:

1) Lead.Newsletter__c (Custom field of check box type in lead)

2) Contact.Newsletter__c(Custom field of check box type in contact)

3) Now, if "Lead.Newsletter__c" is checked then when I convert any lead to contact, then "Contact.Newsletter__c" should be checked automatically.

I am able to fetch all the custom fields by using "describeSObjects" of Partener WSDL proxy class, but still unable to located where the changes should be made

Any help appreciated.
  • June 09, 2014

Hello,

We have been using the Salesforce API for some time now. Recently we have encountered an issue in accessing fields of an entity, Contact.

While reading the contact information we used to fetch the values of 'HomePhone' and 'OtherPhone' along with other fields. However now when we try to get contact information, it is throwing an error with following message.

No such column 'HomePhone' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name.Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

The problem it seems here is, those fields (HomePhone and OtherPhone) are made disabled rather inaccessible possibly through 'Set Field-Level Security' option of the field.

Is this correct behavior?

• If NO, what should happen? 
  • If YES, how to tackle this issue?

Please advise me.

Thanks
Ashish

• May 29, 2013