• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How does one define a Date Value to populate multiple Records on a VF Page?

How does one define a Date Value to populate multiple Records on a VF Page?

I am trying to write a custom Approval History related list visualforce page but not able to group actions for each step.
There is a ProcessInstanceStep object but currently there is no way to identify records in this object that is completed in a specific step (step1, step2, .. etc). Not sure how salesforce standard Approval History related list shows records for each step grouped by step. Can you please suggest a solution ?

Looks like salesforce needs to include step number field in ProcessInstanceHistory, ProcessInstanceStep and ProcessInstanceWorkItem objects

I have a data table of date fields, I need to be able to have a field at the top not in the table where i can change the date and click copy and it copies to all in that one column. I have tried java script with no luck.. I am just hard coding the date now, i can figure out the input field, I just need to know how to copy it to that first column...

<apex:page Controller="RenewalController" tabStyle="Entities__c" sidebar="false">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Entity" mode="edit" id="ent">
      <apex:pageMessages />
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
        <apex:commandLink onclick="return CopyShipInfo()" value="CopyTo Renewal Due Date" reRender="ent"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:dataTable value="{!myList}" var="opp" id="ents">
      <apex:column headerValue="Entity">{!opp.Name}&nbsp;</apex:column>
        <apex:column headerValue="Renewal Due Date">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.State_Renewal__c}"/>
        </apex:column>
        <apex:column headerValue="Renewal Received">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Renewal_Received_From_State__c}" id="renew"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="Printed Renewal">
         <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Renewal_Printed__c}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="Emailed Renewal">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Renewal_Emailed__c}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="Rec Pay For Renewal">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Received_Payment_For_Renewal__c}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="List Filed With State">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.List_Filed_with_State__c}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="Stamped List Received">
        <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Stamped_List_Received_from_State__c}"/>
        <apex:column headerValue="Packet Sent">
       <apex:inputField value="{!opp.Packet_Sent__c}"/>
      </apex:dataTable>

<script>
          function CopyShipInfo()
          {
            document.getElementById('{!$Component.ents.renew}').value = '01/01/1976';
        </script>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

I am looking to create a Visualforce page that will serve as a data collection form on our website.  The user will ultimately be creating a contact record (linked to an existing account via a lookup) and then several child records (inquiry history, extra curricular interests, family relationships, etc.)  I would like the user to have the ability to create more than one of any of these child records during this process.

Visual:

Contact (1)
--Inquiry History (1)
--Extra Curricular Interests (Many)
--Family Relationships (Many)
--Test Scores (Many)

1)  Is this feasible?

2) What technique is best suited for this type of action?

Sorry if this is way too basic but I've been pouring over all of the books I got at dreamforce and the online docs and cannot figure this out.

I'm creating a Visualforce page for a custom object called "Override".  At minimum I'd like the user to be able to insert an Override record on this page (in one row).  However, all I can see in the docs is how to create a page that displays existing records and perform mass updates to them:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Override__c" recordSetVar="overrides">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Overrides"></apex:sectionHeader>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock id="pageRowInsert">
        <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!overrides}" var="ovr">
               <apex:column ><apex:inputField value="{!ovr.Advisor_Rep__c}"  /></apex:column>
                <apex:column ><apex:inputField value="{!ovr.Institution__c}"  /></apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Opportunity" value="{!ovr.Opportunity__c}"></apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Override Amount" value="{!ovr.Override_Amount__c}"></apex:column>               
            </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlock>
   </apex:form>
</apex:page>

How do I tell the system that I want empty  inputFields so that I can Insert a record?

And if it's not too much to ask, what I'd really want is for the user to be able to have 10 or 20 empty rows so they could setup 10 to 20 records at one time then press "SAVE" once and have all of them inserted.