• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our sandboxes updated to Version: Summer '18 Patch 3.5 on 5/5/18.  Since the update an existing validation rule is causing failures when updating the record that the rule is associated with.  The rule fires on an encrypted field and is throwing a Invalid (null).  A previous known issue I found here is similar but it says it is fixed (https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000jaT3AAI&title=validation-rule-occurring-with-invalid-null-when-org-has-encryption-enabled).  I also tried the work around in the known issue, however the rule still throws the error.

I'm trying to use inlineedit wihtin a page table and am looking for best practices.  I can make inline editing work and fairly easily within a page block table, but the way I'm currently doing it is to basically enable inline editiing on some cells, and when the user hits 'save' after making changes, I perform an update for every object in the table (regardless of whether its been changed).  

The table could  be fairly long (tens to a few hundred objects), and the inline edits are usually just a few records, so I'd prefer to just update changed objects rather than doing an update for every object & field that was listed in the table.  

My options as I know them:

- Keep updating every object/field in the table if the user hits 'save' after making any updates

- I could keep an original version of all objects, and compare current vs original, thus identifying any changed objects

- I could write some javascript to look for elements in the table that either include the inline edit reset button or that use the inlineedit style for modified fields, and use that to identify changed table cells

- For related fields, I could intercept the lookup popup and include a 'save' button on a new custom lookup popup (right now the standard inlineedit lookup window doesn't have a save option, it just looks up the related field [I'm currently trying to get this working for lookup fields if that matters].  

I was hoping maybe inlineedit had a quick/supported way of finding the modified fields - the methods I see right now depend on which cells use which classes or which buttons/icons, and that can change.  Does such a function exist (find all modified objects/fields)?  Or is there a way to add an 'onclick' option to the inlineedit or outputField so tha the save would happen automatically like happens on standard salesforce view pages?  My code table structure is fairly simple,  it looks like:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!myProposedReqs}" var="req" rows="{!proposedListLimit}" style="width:100%">
    <apex:column headerValue="Clinical OwnerE">
        <apex:outputField  value="{!req.Clinical_Owner__c}">
           <apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblclick" />
        </apex:outputField>
    </apex:column>
    <!-- Other columns removed to keep short -->
</apex:pageBlockTable>

It just seems like the current inlineedit is more targeted a detail record views than lists/tables.  Is there a different inlineedit procedure for VisualForce tables/lists?

• July 23, 2013

I have a visualforce page that creates a new user and contact, I'm updating the controller class to also add a sharing rule for the new user. However, I am now getting the error "Entity is not org-accessible". I'm told this error is due to typing in an entity wrong, like only 1 _ or such but I simply can not find the typo in my code. Any help or ideas? 

here is the new code that is causing the error. 

Volunteer__Share vShare = new Volunteer__Share();
vShare.ParentId = vID; // The volunteer record that we need to give access to.
vShare.UserOrGroupId = u.Id; // The user to which access is being granted
vShare.AccessLevel = 'Edit';
vShare.RowCause = Schema.Volunteer__Share.RowCause.Contact__c;
Database.SaveResult insertResults = Database.insert(vShare,false); // The false parameter allows for partial processing if multiple records passed into the operation.
// Error handling - did the insert work as intended.
if(insertResults.isSuccess()){ // Indicates success
System.debug('Recrords for BookShare inserted successfully'); 
}

• June 29, 2012

HI,

I want to know that how would i refresh Parent Window on Clicking of Save/Submit button on PopUp window or we can say Child window.

For this I used JavaScript ;

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
 function CloseAndRefresh(){

opener.location.reload(true);
      self.close();
  }
</script>

On Submit :

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" onclick="CloseAndRefresh()" value="Save"/>

But It doesn't Work .

Please Help ..

• March 17, 2011

Hi

I tried to make the visualforce page renderas PDF in landscape with following styles

<style >
    @page {
        size:landscape;
   }
 </style>

But it is not working now. Is anybody face the same issue? or have any idea to render the PDF as landscape??

Thanks!

• August 18, 2009

Sorry newbie with what is probably a newbie question.

When I am writing what I gather is defined as "dynamic" SOQL is there an equivalent to SQL 1=1.

I won't claim or defend that this is even best practice in SQL but it is convenient.

Thanks

Doug

Our sandboxes updated to Version: Summer '18 Patch 3.5 on 5/5/18.  Since the update an existing validation rule is causing failures when updating the record that the rule is associated with.  The rule fires on an encrypted field and is throwing a Invalid (null).  A previous known issue I found here is similar but it says it is fixed (https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000jaT3AAI&title=validation-rule-occurring-with-invalid-null-when-org-has-encryption-enabled).  I also tried the work around in the known issue, however the rule still throws the error.