• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We need to be able to limit the amount of time that field history records data for. On the lead object, we would like to track history for 6 months and then the data is removed. We don't have development staff, but I can write a bit of apex. Can anyone let me know if they think we can accomplish this with code? Thanks so much! Lauren
I have a situation where I believe I need to run a trigger on a child object to update a parent object field. I have a child object Proposal_Standard_Option that has a checkbox field Is_Optional__c. If the is optional field is checked, I need the same field (same field type and field name) to also be checked on the parent object, Proposal_Line_Item. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done?

I have a trigger that updates opportunity amount based on a field from a custom object (Proposal). I need to modify this trigger to only perform this field update if custom field Apttus_Proposal__Primary__c (checkbox) is checked. Can someone please help me with where in this trigger I need to define this? 

Trigger updteopp_Amount on Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c (after update, after insert) {

Map<id,Decimal> varmap=new Map<id,Decimal>();

List<Opportunity> opp=new List<Opportunity>();

if(Trigger.isupdate){

for(Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c App:Trigger.New){

if(Trigger.NewMap.get(App.id).Total_Quote_Amount_2__c!=null ){

varmap.put(App.Apttus_Proposal__Opportunity__c,App.Total_Quote_Amount_2__c); //Apttus_Proposal__Opportunity__c put ur lookup which is onto opportunity

}

}

if(!varmap.IsEMpty()){

List<Opportunity> opps=[select id,name,Amount from opportunity where id in:Varmap.keyset()];

if(!opps.isEmpty()){

for(Opportunity o:opps){

o.Amount=varmap.get(o.id);

opp.add(o);

}

database.update(opp);

}

}

}

}

I have a custom object Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c with a custom field Total_Quote_Amount_2__c. I need Opportunity amount to be updated with the value from Total_Quote_Amount_2__c after update, after insert.  I tried using a workflow field update, but it isn't working. Any help with a trigger to update the opportunity amount value would be extremely appreciated. 

As a side note, can anyone tell me which salesforce training class is best for writing triggers?

Thank you,

Lauren

This trigger I would think would be really easy, but I'm struggling, and new to triggers. How would I write a trigger to set the standard price book on every opportunity? 

I have seen a couple of these posts, but I'm still confused how to get my trigger to work. Here is my error:

OnPropLIUpdateIICopyFormulaValueToManual: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only Trigger.OnPropLIUpdateIICopyFormulaValueToManual: line 7, column 1

This is my trigger... any ideas??

trigger OnPropLIUpdateCopyFormulaValueToManual on Apttus_Proposal__Proposal_Line_Item__c (after update, after insert) {

if (trigger.new.size()<>1) 
    return;
    //decimal installationTechServicesTotal = 0;
            if (trigger.new[0].Installation_Technical_Services__c != trigger.new[0].Installation_Tech_Ser_Formula__c){
              trigger.new[0].Installation_Technical_Services__c = trigger.new[0].Installation_Tech_Ser_Formula__c;
            }

}

I have seen a couple of these posts, but I'm still confused how to get my trigger to work. Here is my error:

OnPropLIUpdateIICopyFormulaValueToManual: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only Trigger.OnPropLIUpdateIICopyFormulaValueToManual: line 7, column 1

trigger OnPropLIUpdateCopyFormulaValueToManual on Apttus_Proposal__Proposal_Line_Item__c (after update, after insert) {

return;
            if (trigger.new[0].Installation_Technical_Services__c != trigger.new[0].Installation_Tech_Ser_Formula__c){
              trigger.new[0].Installation_Technical_Services__c = trigger.new[0].Installation_Tech_Ser_Formula__c;
            }

}
I have a situation where I believe I need to run a trigger on a child object to update a parent object field. I have a child object Proposal_Standard_Option that has a checkbox field Is_Optional__c. If the is optional field is checked, I need the same field (same field type and field name) to also be checked on the parent object, Proposal_Line_Item. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done?

I have a trigger that updates opportunity amount based on a field from a custom object (Proposal). I need to modify this trigger to only perform this field update if custom field Apttus_Proposal__Primary__c (checkbox) is checked. Can someone please help me with where in this trigger I need to define this? 

Trigger updteopp_Amount on Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c (after update, after insert) {

Map<id,Decimal> varmap=new Map<id,Decimal>();

List<Opportunity> opp=new List<Opportunity>();

if(Trigger.isupdate){

for(Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c App:Trigger.New){

if(Trigger.NewMap.get(App.id).Total_Quote_Amount_2__c!=null ){

varmap.put(App.Apttus_Proposal__Opportunity__c,App.Total_Quote_Amount_2__c); //Apttus_Proposal__Opportunity__c put ur lookup which is onto opportunity

}

}

if(!varmap.IsEMpty()){

List<Opportunity> opps=[select id,name,Amount from opportunity where id in:Varmap.keyset()];

if(!opps.isEmpty()){

for(Opportunity o:opps){

o.Amount=varmap.get(o.id);

opp.add(o);

}

database.update(opp);

}

}

}

}

I have a custom object Apttus_Proposal__Proposal__c with a custom field Total_Quote_Amount_2__c. I need Opportunity amount to be updated with the value from Total_Quote_Amount_2__c after update, after insert.  I tried using a workflow field update, but it isn't working. Any help with a trigger to update the opportunity amount value would be extremely appreciated. 

As a side note, can anyone tell me which salesforce training class is best for writing triggers?

Thank you,

Lauren

This trigger I would think would be really easy, but I'm struggling, and new to triggers. How would I write a trigger to set the standard price book on every opportunity? 

return;
            }

}

return;
            }

}