• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All:

Is it possible to retrieve in a package.xml manifest all of the metadata types listed in the help documentation? http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_types_list.htm

It's a bit confusing as some of the types have syntax examples for the how they could be retrieved in a package.xml file while others do not.  Is there a subset or another listing that shows only those items that can be both retrieved and deployed?

Thanks

Brian

Not sure why this is not returning anything for my querry, any help would be appreciated

I am trying to return a specific unit price based on a particular Product2ID and PricebookID which are represented in my custom object (cld_Registrants__c) as ProductID__c and PricebookID__c fields respectively.

[Select UnitPrice From PricebookEntry Where Product2Id = cld_Registrants__r.ProductID__c and Pricebook2Id = cld_Registrants__r.PricebookId__c]

Also, there may be a better way to populate a unit price on a custom object.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi All,

I am a noobie when it comes to triggers and I am trying to write my first one.

Here is the scenario:

I have a custom object called Registrants__c which has a lookup field to the standard SF object of product.

I would like to populate the Course_Price__c field on the Registrants object with the list price for the selected product.  I believe I need to call the "Price_Book_Entry" object but am unsure of how to procede.

Also, I would like this to occur after insert and after update.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Brian

I am attempting to populate the list price of a product on a custom object.  My first thought was to add a lookup field to "Product" on my custom object and then write a formula to reference the list price.  However, I can't see the price book entry or list price in any of the reference options.

In short, how do you reference the list price of a price book entry on a custom object?

Thanks,

Brian

I have to write trigger on custom object...
I have to count the no. of accounts where territory (lookup)=t1 , then the count value display in my custom object...How can we do this using trigger??
I posted something similar to this a couple weeks ago but I didn't explain myself clearly so I'm trying again.  I'm an administrator new to Apex and am having difficulties writing (what should be) a simple trigger.  I have a custom object that logs research requests the BD team has for upcoming Opportunities (a one to many relationship).  I'd like to create a trigger so that when the Opportunity is closed the status field on the reasearch request custom object (a picklist field) is updated in each research request to "Closed."  When the status opf each request is changed to "Closed" a workflow sends an email alert to the research team that the request is closed.  I'd like the process to work this way because it will also allow the BD person or the researcher to manually close one of the requests while leaving the others open.  The trigger should update the status to "Closed" for all the request records if Opportunity.IsClosed = TRUE which should fire the workflows on the custom object.

Any direction with this issue is appreciated.

Thank you.
Tim

Hi All,

I am a noobie when it comes to triggers and I am trying to write my first one.

Here is the scenario:

I have a custom object called Registrants__c which has a lookup field to the standard SF object of product.

I would like to populate the Course_Price__c field on the Registrants object with the list price for the selected product.  I believe I need to call the "Price_Book_Entry" object but am unsure of how to procede.

Also, I would like this to occur after insert and after update.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Brian

I am attempting to populate the list price of a product on a custom object.  My first thought was to add a lookup field to "Product" on my custom object and then write a formula to reference the list price.  However, I can't see the price book entry or list price in any of the reference options.

In short, how do you reference the list price of a price book entry on a custom object?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi 

I am facing problem when we add product in a custom page.I could not
able to know how to use standard price which is given in
salesforce.Even I can not know

which object contains this field. I tried by making a custom field
Price in product.But stil I faced   problem when I am assigning
product to Quote Line Items object

because     there is a required field in QuoteLineItems that is
PricebookEntry Id.I do not know how to make required field to
Unrequired in a standard  Object.

If   you have  any   solution please help me.

error name is Standard Price is not defined for this product...

with Regards

asish