• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I tried the examples for application and component events from the documentation and made both of them lightning out app 

<aura:application  access="GLOBAL" extends="ltng:outApp">

When I run this compoents in a node.js app (in html) - $Lightning.createComponent("c:smContainer", {}, "lgtapp");  the component event fires/catches, but the application event does not fire ,the code that gets the event object is undefined in case of application events. 
var appEvent = $A.get("e.c:aeEvent");

Is this the expected behavior  because there is no parent container in case of a lighting  out app? is there a workaround to get the application events  working ? 

How does 2 factor work for API access in salesforce? If enabled, how will API generate new tokens every time it expires, unlike humans who can look at authenticator app and add it to password. Documentation (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_require_2fa_api.htm&language=en_US) is not clear.

Also somewhere I read that in advanced user profile you can add a token in Time-Based Token field , but I dont see Add link in user profile , only remove link.  I was assuming that if we add the token in API user one time (from authenticator app_ ,we could use this in API calls.

I am trying to SSO between safari browser and an ipad app (ios) .if the user is already logged in to salesforce.com in safari , I want to seamlessly login the user (without asking for credentials) in the app. Any ideas?

This is my thought, if we gett the current user's session id in apex class and pass it to the app, some how the app can ask for oauth access token? (I understand that we can use session id to make rest calls) ,but the backend API of the app require oauth token . or any other way to achieve this?

Tried login to salesforce using the new saleforce1 app after entering my domain url in settings , this correctly redirects to our internal SSO page and after authentication on redirect back to salesforce.com, getting oauth error- remote access authorization error . Click on

'Are you not XYZ? link ,takes to grand permission auath page, click on allow login to salesforce.com. Not sure why this is happening, anyone else has the same issue?

I tried the examples for application and component events from the documentation and made both of them lightning out app 

<aura:application  access="GLOBAL" extends="ltng:outApp">

When I run this compoents in a node.js app (in html) - $Lightning.createComponent("c:smContainer", {}, "lgtapp");  the component event fires/catches, but the application event does not fire ,the code that gets the event object is undefined in case of application events. 
var appEvent = $A.get("e.c:aeEvent");

Is this the expected behavior  because there is no parent container in case of a lighting  out app? is there a workaround to get the application events  working ? 

How does 2 factor work for API access in salesforce? If enabled, how will API generate new tokens every time it expires, unlike humans who can look at authenticator app and add it to password. Documentation (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_require_2fa_api.htm&language=en_US) is not clear.

Also somewhere I read that in advanced user profile you can add a token in Time-Based Token field , but I dont see Add link in user profile , only remove link.  I was assuming that if we add the token in API user one time (from authenticator app_ ,we could use this in API calls.

Tried login to salesforce using the new saleforce1 app after entering my domain url in settings , this correctly redirects to our internal SSO page and after authentication on redirect back to salesforce.com, getting oauth error- remote access authorization error . Click on

'Are you not XYZ? link ,takes to grand permission auath page, click on allow login to salesforce.com. Not sure why this is happening, anyone else has the same issue?