• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I wish to derive the sObject API Id for a given sObject type.

Not the record type Id or the object Id.

The Id that would e.g. show the Custom Object detail page.

Or more specifically, the value that one should feed to recordtypeselect.jsp as the "ent" parameter.

And I don't want code, I want the {!MyObject__c.xyz} format that I can put in the javascript for a custom button.

Is this possible.

(Strictly all I want to do is relabel the New button on a related list on a view page but that seems impossible, so I'm making a custom button to put on said list)

Hi,

I am trying to override the view button in custom object with a custom view button. My custom button should dynamically display visualforce pages based on  a field value.

For eg: I have two Visualforce Pages: VF1 and VF2 and a picklist - testpick__c = 1;2

If the record has testpick__c = 1 --> Display VF1 when custom view button is clicked

If the record has testpick__c = 2 --> Display VF2 when custom view button is clicked

It would greatly help me out if someone could share some code or suggest an approach that I could use to implement this functionality.

Thanks!

I wish to derive the sObject API Id for a given sObject type.

Not the record type Id or the object Id.

The Id that would e.g. show the Custom Object detail page.

Or more specifically, the value that one should feed to recordtypeselect.jsp as the "ent" parameter.

And I don't want code, I want the {!MyObject__c.xyz} format that I can put in the javascript for a custom button.

Is this possible.

(Strictly all I want to do is relabel the New button on a related list on a view page but that seems impossible, so I'm making a custom button to put on said list)

I had situation to create a trigger when i update a field then all the records with that field should be changed to same value can any one guide me (any sample code )..

Hi everyone,

I keep getting an error with my onclick javascript button, "Unexpected identifier".

Would anyone mind taking a look at my syntax and letting me know what could be wrong? Thanks so much!!!!!!

if ( '{!Opportunity.Active__c}' == '') 

alert('In order to request a Quote, you must ensure that the fields, Active, Product Type, Current Phase, and Project Scope for Patheon are populated'); 

else if ('{!Opportunity.Rx_OTC__c}' == '') 
{alert('In order to request a Quote, you must ensure that the fields, Active, Product Type, Current Phase, and Project Scope for Patheon are populated'); 

else if ('{!Opportunity.Project_phase__c}' == '') 
{alert('In order to request a Quote, you must ensure that the fields, Active, Product Type, Current Phase, and Project Scope for Patheon are populated'); 

else if ('{!Opportunity.Description}' == '') 

else 

window.location = "/0Q0/e?&oppid={!Opportunity.Id}&ent=Quote&Name="Placeholder - Do Not Edit" 
&00NA0000004pyaC=1&ent=Quote 
&RecordType={!Opportunity.Quote_Record_Type__c} 
&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}"; 
}