• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
    I have a custom object named Ticket. This has a custom text field named Moniker.  I'd like to use that Moniker to lookup  a matching custom field  Moniker in Accounts and return the Account's name, type, and some other information.  I'm using Profession edition. 

I was thinking that a read-only (Formula) text field is the way to start but I'm starting to have doubts about that.

Dave
  • February 14, 2007
Does anyone know how to use a field on a Master Object in a formula field found in a child object? 

Specifically I am using the Expense Tracker Appexchange application. I have a field (named count) on the Expense Report object that I want to use in a formula field in the Expense Line Item object.

Any ideas?

Finky9
  • February 14, 2007

I have a help request for URL merge fields on Custom Buttons (new Salesforce SFA7 release feature).  I want to pass the standard Opportunity Name field to a field in a custom object. The field in the custom object is a Master-Detail Relationship field referencing the opportunity field called Opportunity Name.

I have a Custom Button (settings below) on an Opportuntity.  The button launches a Custom Object called Ticket in edit mode. The button hyperlink code here works fine:

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo   This is the server agnostic URL of my Ticket object in edit mode 

However, I want to append this to pre-populate the Ticket with the opportunity name from which it was launched.  Using Firefox Web Developer extension I have determined that the field name of the Deals field on my custom Ticket object is 00n60000001uwgo.  (Through trial and error I believe that custom fields have names like this and standard fields have names like opp3.  Tell me if I’m wrong.)  I also believe the merge field name for the opportunity name is {!Opportunity.Name}.  So, the source field is {!Opportunity.Name} and target field is 00n60000001uwgo, right?

I have tried various combinations to launch the Ticket in edit mode with the Name pre-populating. None work: 

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&{!Opportunity.Id}&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}&"

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&{!Opportunity.Id}&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}

I’m stumped. Can anyone help me.  I have a few other fields I want to pass from the Opportunity to the Ticket, but if you help me with this first field I’m sure I can figure it out

Finky

Custom Button Settings

Type:  Detail Page Button, Behavior=Display in new window, Content Source=URL

• February 08, 2007
I'm trying to create a URL that will pass the value of a lookup field to a picklist field. The picklist field will have the same values in it that the lookup field does.

Basically, I'm trying to create a button in Tasks that will create a new record in a custom object.

Let me know if you need more info.
  • February 08, 2007

I have a help request for URL merge fields on Custom Buttons (new Salesforce SFA7 release feature).  I want to pass the standard Opportunity Name field to a field in a custom object. The field in the custom object is a Master-Detail Relationship field referencing the opportunity field called Opportunity Name.

I have a Custom Button (settings below) on an Opportuntity.  The button launches a Custom Object called Ticket in edit mode. The button hyperlink code here works fine:

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo   This is the server agnostic URL of my Ticket object in edit mode 

However, I want to append this to pre-populate the Ticket with the opportunity name from which it was launched.  Using Firefox Web Developer extension I have determined that the field name of the Deals field on my custom Ticket object is 00n60000001uwgo.  (Through trial and error I believe that custom fields have names like this and standard fields have names like opp3.  Tell me if I’m wrong.)  I also believe the merge field name for the opportunity name is {!Opportunity.Name}.  So, the source field is {!Opportunity.Name} and target field is 00n60000001uwgo, right?

I have tried various combinations to launch the Ticket in edit mode with the Name pre-populating. None work: 

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&{!Opportunity.Id}&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}&"

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&{!Opportunity.Id}&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}

/a03/e?retURL=%2Fa03%2Fo&"&00n60000001uwgo="&{!Opportunity.Name}

I’m stumped. Can anyone help me.  I have a few other fields I want to pass from the Opportunity to the Ticket, but if you help me with this first field I’m sure I can figure it out

Finky

Custom Button Settings

Type:  Detail Page Button, Behavior=Display in new window, Content Source=URL

• February 08, 2007