• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've created a custom Web tab that appears at the end of the row of tabs.

I would like to create a link on an external site to SalesForce.com that brings the person directly to that tab (after sending them through the login page, of course), rather than to the Home tab.

Is this possible?

Beyond this, what I'd really like to do is to be able to pass in request parameters to the external web application that that's being displayed in that custom tab.

Thanks.
  • February 15, 2007
I'm getting a timeout on this command: binding.getUserInfo(), and it's not clear to me why.

The underlying problem is at the socketConnect() method, called in the doConnect() method of PlainSocketImpl.java  The address it's trying to connect to is this:  na3.salesforce.com/204.14.234.83.  This is the address sent along by the custom tab, a result of this code in my custom tab:

http://shelly.outstart.com/pe/salesforcesso.jsp?session={!API.Session_ID}&server={!API.Partner_Server_URL_80}

The code is here:
Code:
 SforceServiceLocator serviceLocator = new SforceServiceLocator();
 SoapBindingStub binding = new SoapBindingStub();
 SessionHeader sh = new SessionHeader();
 sh.setSessionId(sessionId);
 String ns = serviceLocator.getServiceName().getNamespaceURI();
 binding.setHeader(ns, "SessionHeader", sh);
 binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, uri.toString());
 GetUserInfoResult userInfo = binding.getUserInfo()

Context:  I'm running the developer edition of SalesForce, trying to use the official SSO method described on site.   I've implemented the code in java / JSP.  We are behind a proxy server, but I haven't had any trouble connecting to https://na3.salesforce.com/015/o.  I can ping na3.salesforce.com just fine.  My local application is *not* using SSL currently, though it will  eventually.

Thanks for any advice!

• February 08, 2007
I'm trying to implement some SSO code using code on my local application, following the approach suggested here:  https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Single_Sign_On_and_the_Apex_API

I've downloaded the quickstart.zip file from the dev site, and am using the quickstart.jar file that was in that.  This jar file contains com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator class and others classes that I need to do this.  I'm currently testing this in a JSP page (probably not relevant), where it compiles fine. 

But when I deploy my application (using Jboss), and access the JSP from my SalesForce custom tab, I see the following errors in my console:

bad class file: C:\projects\devtools\jboss-3.2.6\server\pe\lib\quickstart.jar(com/sforce/soap/enterprise/SforceServiceLocator.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

I expect this means I should be using a different jar file - but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks for any advice.

Glen
  • February 07, 2007
good day every one. i am the newest of saleforce. i've got a problem that cant be resolved and need help from all of you. my problem is:
when i try to excecute query for queryresult i got the following msg:
"Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.enterprise.sobject.SObject - type"
how may i  resovle this error.!
pls.....help me.

PoorMan.

Hello,

I'm strying to get started using the salesforce.com API in Java to log on to our salesforce.com org, based on the sample code in the quickstartJava.zip file.

To do this I create a SoapBindingStub object by calling the getSoap() method of a SforceServiceLocator object, call its setTimeout() method to set the timeout to 60 seconds and then call its login() method, passing my salesforce.com user name and password as arguments.

The login() method fails with an exception:

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.salesforce.com

I think this is probably because it is trying to access www.salesforce.com directly rather than going through our proxy server. But how do I specify the proxy settings such as URL and port number? I can't find any documentation or example of doing this.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

John Lewis

• March 20, 2007
I've created a custom Web tab that appears at the end of the row of tabs.

I would like to create a link on an external site to SalesForce.com that brings the person directly to that tab (after sending them through the login page, of course), rather than to the Home tab.

Is this possible?

Beyond this, what I'd really like to do is to be able to pass in request parameters to the external web application that that's being displayed in that custom tab.

Thanks.
  • February 15, 2007
I'm trying to implement some SSO code using code on my local application, following the approach suggested here:  https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Single_Sign_On_and_the_Apex_API

I've downloaded the quickstart.zip file from the dev site, and am using the quickstart.jar file that was in that.  This jar file contains com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator class and others classes that I need to do this.  I'm currently testing this in a JSP page (probably not relevant), where it compiles fine. 

But when I deploy my application (using Jboss), and access the JSP from my SalesForce custom tab, I see the following errors in my console:

bad class file: C:\projects\devtools\jboss-3.2.6\server\pe\lib\quickstart.jar(com/sforce/soap/enterprise/SforceServiceLocator.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

I expect this means I should be using a different jar file - but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks for any advice.

Glen
  • February 07, 2007