• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to build a custom field for any object that counts the number of related list items. 

For example
1.  Number of Contacts an Account
2.  Number of related Cases for a Solution

It does not appear that a custom formula field will solve this form me.  Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions for an Scontrol or any other method it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to build a custom field for any object that counts the number of related list items. 

For example
1.  Number of Contacts an Account
2.  Number of related Cases for a Solution

It does not appear that a custom formula field will solve this form me.  Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions for an Scontrol or any other method it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

I am very green in regards to development and salesforce. I am trying to create a custom link that pre-populates fields. In this case I am trying to populate certain contact details into a "new" Case. Once populated, then to have the ability to assign the case to support.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a business user delving into the development realm.

Thanks in advance...

//dan
Hey Guys,

I want to create a field within Accounts that counts the number of contacts associated with that account. The reason being that it will allow me to identify any accounts that have no contacts associated with it.

I thought this might be the solution as I'm not aware of an easy way to do it within normal reporting.

Cheers,

Colin
  • January 04, 2007
Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006