• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am developing a VB .NET solution that administers price books and products (locally and at SalesForce).

I am using PriceBook and PricebookEntry objects fine.

But... I need to make a "collaboration" between the pricebooks and the users.

i.e.

Pricebooks
Gold, Silver, Plate

Users
Peter, Mary, Paul, Lisa

Of course, the admin user has all access to Gold, Silver and Plate pricebooks, because he is the owner.

But I need to "collaborate", i..e, Gold pricebook with Peter and Mary, and Silver pricebook with Mary.

In this way, each user in my SalesForce account has "access" to none, one or many pricebooks.

Asi I can see, I can do all this stuff manually, with the "collaboration" button at each pricebook in SalesForce.

But I need to know if I have access (an object, maybe...) to that relationship using .net objects of SalesForce.

I know that I have objects to manage relationships between Opportunities and Users, using OpportunityShare and OpportunityOwnerSharingRule objects, but I did not found objects like PriceBookShare or something like that.

Yours,

I am developing a MS Visual Basic .NET application that uses SalesForce objects.

I succesfully created PriceBook and Products objects, but I have a problem when I try to create an element in the PriceBookEntry table.

The steps are:

1) I create SF objects:

Dim osfPrecios As New PricebookEntry
        Dim errPrecios As New PricebookEntry

Dim objResultados() As SaveResult

2) I define the data of the new registry:

osfPrecios.IsActiveSpecified = True
        osfPrecios.IsActive = True
        osfPrecios.Pricebook2Id = parCodigoListaPreciosSF
        osfPrecios.Product2Id = parCodigoProductoSF

osfPrecios.UseStandardPrice = False
        osfPrecios.UnitPrice = CDbl(parPrecio)

3) I try to create a new registry:

objResultados = objSF_Service.create(New sforce.sObject() {osfPrecios, errPrecios})

The result: I get an error.

The error is: "UnitPrice field is required"

The data is correct.  I put a valid data in Pricebook2Id and Product2Id fields.

The priceBook I am using is not the default pricebook. It is one created by my application and I can see it in SalesForce.

I saw in the SalesForce documentation ("Standard Object Reference") that UnitPrice is a required field when I am updating non-default pricebooks.

When I debug my VB application, I watch the price variable and it has a correct value. You can see this at:

http://www.creativeitnetwork.com/docs/Error_UnitPrice.gif

But I do not know why I get this error message, since the UnitPrice field shows (before the error) that it has a value.

Yours,

I am developing a MS Visual Basic .NET application that uses SalesForce objects.

I succesfully created PriceBook and Products objects, but I have a problem when I try to create an element in the PriceBookEntry table.

The steps are:

1) I create SF objects:

Dim osfPrecios As New PricebookEntry
        Dim errPrecios As New PricebookEntry

Dim objResultados() As SaveResult

2) I define the data of the new registry:

osfPrecios.IsActiveSpecified = True
        osfPrecios.IsActive = True
        osfPrecios.Pricebook2Id = parCodigoListaPreciosSF
        osfPrecios.Product2Id = parCodigoProductoSF

osfPrecios.UseStandardPrice = False
        osfPrecios.UnitPrice = CDbl(parPrecio)

3) I try to create a new registry:

objResultados = objSF_Service.create(New sforce.sObject() {osfPrecios, errPrecios})

The result: I get an error.

The error is: "UnitPrice field is required"

The data is correct.  I put a valid data in Pricebook2Id and Product2Id fields.

The priceBook I am using is not the default pricebook. It is one created by my application and I can see it in SalesForce.

I saw in the SalesForce documentation ("Standard Object Reference") that UnitPrice is a required field when I am updating non-default pricebooks.

When I debug my VB application, I watch the price variable and it has a correct value. You can see this at:

http://www.creativeitnetwork.com/docs/Error_UnitPrice.gif

But I do not know why I get this error message, since the UnitPrice field shows (before the error) that it has a value.

Yours,

I try to install AppExchange toolkit inside Eclipse. I follow the steps according to the instructions in http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/.

When the Update Manager download the files. The following error occurs: "Update operation has failed". the log indicates the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2006-09-22 12:09:15.917
!MESSAGE Error retrieving "plugins/org.eclipse.team.extras_3.1.0.jar". [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.team.extras_3.1.0.jar.]
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FatalIOException: Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/plugins/org.eclipse.team.extras_3.1.0.jar.
at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.UpdateManagerUtils.checkConnectionResult(UpdateManagerUtils.java:558)
at org.eclipse.update.core.ContentReference.getInputSize(ContentReference.java:202)
at org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureContentProvider.asLocalReference(FeatureContentProvider.java:228)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.retrieveLocalJar(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:191)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getPluginEntryArchiveReferences(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:179)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.operations.UpdateUtils.downloadFeatureContent(UpdateUtils.java:627)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard2.download(InstallWizard2.java:416)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard2.access$3(InstallWizard2.java:398)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard2$3.run(InstallWizard2.java:351)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

The org.eclipse.team.extras_3.1.0.jar isn´t in http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/plugins/. How can I find this file?

Thanks.

• September 22, 2006

My company has a number of prodcts sold in "bundles". That is, they contain several products sold together. I'd like to include these bundles in my standard pricebook with the underlying products represented.

For instand, Bundle A includes Products 1, 5 and 8. How do I create a pricebook entry where I select Bundle A, and add products 1, 5 and 8? Is it possible?

Please help,

Thanks, Carmen G