• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I know that you can use the PartnerNetworkRecordConnection object to push opportunities through a connection.  

But how do you trigger through Apex the receipt / acceptance of a pushed Opportunity? 

I'm working my way through the documentation searching for what I need, but hopefully someone here knows where I can find it or the answer that I am looking for.

I have a deployed autonumber field that is currently at 4000.  I want that field to be somewhere cloaser to 1.5 million.  The two ways that I know of are:

1. Create 1496000 more records
  2. Add a 150 as a prefix to the autonumber field

I will probably be using Option 2 right now (even though when 9999 is reached the autonumber will jump from 1,509,999 to 15,000,000)

But this issue / solution could help others (since I didn't find this answer here) so I'm posting the topic in case there is a way to seed an autonumber field.

Also, is there anyway to control the increment amount?  I want the field to increase by 9 on every new record, not 1.

Message Edited by Griffin Warburt on 07-02-2008 11:25 AM
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured.  Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1947494642-286

I googled the error and found 2 references but neither matched with my situation.

This one is about the lifespan of a QueryMore cursor:

This one is about an S-Control (no responses):

I have contacted support (basic) and they were unable to assist me even though I provided the ErrorId.

I've tracked it down to a System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException, does anyone know about the originator of the message?

Is that a SF errorID or something in the protocol / windows OS?

I'm looking at updating the OpportunityStage and found this in the Developers Guide:

These objects are read-only via the API. To modify items in picklists, you must use the Salesforce user interface.

Is it impossible to update the value in this field via API, and why?

Thanks!

I have been tasked to integrate our ERP system with SF.  I have configured our back-office to export XML documents for the update/creation/deletion events that occur inside of it and I am currently creating the interface that will update SF.

I had expected that I would be able to achieve this through:
  1. Translating the XML document exported by our back-office into the appropriate format for SF submission,
    1. Adding the appropriate SOAP elements
    2. Changing the lanugage to that which SF requires
  2. Sending the SOAP message to the SF Web-Service (as defined by our Enterprise WSDL)
    1. Through Microsoft's MSMQ service
    2. Using the Client SSL certificate

and the Web-Service would process the commands the message contained.

From what I have read in this development area of SF, that does not seem to be the case, and my project is growing as I am beginning to believe that I will have modify this process to
  1. Create an application & Web-Service (instead of a parsing/redirecting DLL)
    1. which would log into SF
    2. obtain a session ID
    3. query for the appropriate ID of the objects which are being updated
      1. I understand that creation does not require the ID
    4. convert the data
    5. construct the (modify,update,create) SOAP document
    6. submit the modification
There are quite a few different names that are leading me to believe that I am just not looking at the right service for my needs.  (Apex API, Force.com, Web Services API)

Is my original goal possible?  If so, what segment of SF do I need to be using?

Thanks!
I have been tasked to integrate our ERP system with SF.  I have configured our back-office to export XML documents for the update/creation/deletion events that occur inside of it and I am currently creating the interface that will update SF.

I had expected that I would be able to achieve this through
  1. Translating the XML document exported by our back-office into the appropriate format for SF submission,
    2. Changing the lanugage to that which SF requres
  2. Send it to the SF Web-Service defined by our Enterprise WSDL

From what I have read in this development area of SF, that does not seem to be the case, and my project is growing as I am beginning to believe that I will have modify this process to
  1. Create an application (instead of a parsing/redirecting DLL)
    2. obtain a session ID
    4. convert the data

The challenge comes in receiving the SOAP response from SF

There are quite a few different names that are leading me to believe that I am just not looking at the right service for my needs.  (Apex API, Force.com, Web Services API)

Thanks!
I have a deployed autonumber field that is currently at 4000.  I want that field to be somewhere cloaser to 1.5 million.  The two ways that I know of are:

1. Create 1496000 more records
  2. Add a 150 as a prefix to the autonumber field

I will probably be using Option 2 right now (even though when 9999 is reached the autonumber will jump from 1,509,999 to 15,000,000)

But this issue / solution could help others (since I didn't find this answer here) so I'm posting the topic in case there is a way to seed an autonumber field.

Also, is there anyway to control the increment amount?  I want the field to increase by 9 on every new record, not 1.

Message Edited by Griffin Warburt on 07-02-2008 11:25 AM
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured.  Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1947494642-286

I googled the error and found 2 references but neither matched with my situation.

This one is about the lifespan of a QueryMore cursor:

This one is about an S-Control (no responses):

I have contacted support (basic) and they were unable to assist me even though I provided the ErrorId.

I've tracked it down to a System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException, does anyone know about the originator of the message?

Is that a SF errorID or something in the protocol / windows OS?

I'm looking at updating the OpportunityStage and found this in the Developers Guide:

These objects are read-only via the API. To modify items in picklists, you must use the Salesforce user interface.

Is it impossible to update the value in this field via API, and why?

Thanks!

I had expected that I would be able to achieve this through:
    2. Changing the lanugage to that which SF requires
  2. Sending the SOAP message to the SF Web-Service (as defined by our Enterprise WSDL)

1. Create an application & Web-Service (instead of a parsing/redirecting DLL)
    2. obtain a session ID
    4. convert the data

Thanks!

I had expected that I would be able to achieve this through
    2. Changing the lanugage to that which SF requres
  2. Send it to the SF Web-Service defined by our Enterprise WSDL

1. Create an application (instead of a parsing/redirecting DLL)
    2. obtain a session ID
    4. convert the data

The challenge comes in receiving the SOAP response from SF

Thanks!
Hi,

im using SOAP API to insert records into sales force, the DLL is working fine but sometimes i getting a soapexception error saying server_unavailable, please find the details below

DLL uses this SOAP API

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/6.0

Error thrown

<Error> -- 5/28/2007 12:49:41 AM -- ConvertToSFDCLead: call to SFDC create() failed:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: server temporarily unavialable

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at SFDCinterop.BKBSforce.SforceService.create(sObject[] sObjects)

at SFDCinterop.WebLead.ConvertToSFDCLead()

Please help me in this

Regards,
Nandakumar

Hi all,

Sorry about the previous post, it was a mistake. I am pretty new to salesforce and have a quick question about the "SessionHeaderValue".

Q. How can I make a SessionHeaderValue permenent for all API calls? Please have a look at the code below...

--------------------------------------------------------------

public SforceService binding = new SforceService();

void function1()

{

//execute the login placing the results
//in a LoginResult object
sforce.LoginResult loginResult = binding.login(userName,password);

//set the session id header for subsequent calls
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = loginResult.sessionId;

//reset the endpoint url to that returned from login
binding.Url = loginResult.serverUrl;

}

void function2()

{

if I want to do an API call here, it will through an NullRef Exception. Its because the SessionHeaderValue is empty or something to do with the Session Header. But I have already logged in to the system. For every API call do I have to write the SessionHeader ?

}

Hello all.  We are about to implement SFDC and I'm currently working on the intergration and our middle tier software.  I've been to the SFDC developer training and am 100% with everything except the messaging...which seems vague at best.

We are going to create a listener or URL for all of our messages and then process each one accordingly.  I was wondering if the .NET method for this is the MSMQ?  Does the Queue work with the incoming SOAP message?  I have very limited work in the past with getting messages, so I'm trying to get a better feel for this.

Is leveraging MSMQ the way to go, or is there a better way to go to get the messages from SFDC and be able to process accordingly?

Many thanks for any insight.
Bryan

Message Edited by BGrimes on 04-02-2007 08:32 AM

Message Edited by BGrimes on 04-03-2007 07:13 AM

Hi !

I create an object and specify a particular Field.
For exemple I create an Opportunity, specifying the description field.
The object is well created and the description field is set to a value.

When I update this object, I can change the value of the field without any problem.
But if the new value is null (typicaly an empty Textbox), the field is not set to null on update,
containing the same value as before the update !!!

I tried this:
if (DescriptionBox.Text.Length == 0)
    MyOpportunity = null;

Doesn't work :(

Any idea about my problem ?
Thank you in advance.
Matthias.