• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
All - need a bit of help.  I need to have a look-up field filled in by the user if the stage in an opportunity equals "Closed Won". 

The logical construction is:  IF Stage=Closed Won, THEN ClassName must be populated.

I've been using this formula I used in a similar situation - but I'm probably completely off.  Any help here?

AND ( ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Won"),
ISNULL(ClassName_c))
  • July 19, 2007
  I believe I need to "mirror" a look-up field in another field for reporting purposes and I can't figure out the right way to do it.

I have created a custom object that tracks enrollments in courses.  in this object I have several look-up fields to simplify things for users - essentially ensuring they not have to enter address info/contact info another time.  The look-up fields I have are for class participant (contact), class supervisor (contact), opportunity, and class (custom object). 

When I go to report on these objects, I can't get a report that gives me info from all the relationships.  However, I was thinking that if I could create a formula field that simply creates a mirror of the text in the look-up box, I could hide that and then get all the reporting I need.

Has anyone had success with something like this?

Thanks.
psf.
  • March 14, 2007
   I have to put together a validation rule that is able to do the following:

If an opportunity stage is marked as  Closed lost
A date field must be populated
A reason for closed lost drop down box must be populated

else these fields should not be populated.

I'm a newbie at this, and am having some trouble with the syntax.  Any suggestions?
  • March 08, 2007
  I believe I need to "mirror" a look-up field in another field for reporting purposes and I can't figure out the right way to do it.

I have created a custom object that tracks enrollments in courses.  in this object I have several look-up fields to simplify things for users - essentially ensuring they not have to enter address info/contact info another time.  The look-up fields I have are for class participant (contact), class supervisor (contact), opportunity, and class (custom object). 

When I go to report on these objects, I can't get a report that gives me info from all the relationships.  However, I was thinking that if I could create a formula field that simply creates a mirror of the text in the look-up box, I could hide that and then get all the reporting I need.

Thanks.
psf.
  • March 14, 2007

Thanks.
psf.
  • March 14, 2007