• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
At our company we use specific forecasting values (of which there are 3 categories) and my boss is quite adamant about the continued use of these values (and all they specifically entail).  The problem is that he wants full forecasting functionality using these customized categorizations. 

I want to set something up that looks like the current forecasting field but displays these 3 classifications instead.  In addition, I am trying to find a way for this to no longer display a "cut" of the total revenue opportunity based on the %Probability (for example, 50% on a $100,000 opportunity projects 50k in the forecast) but instead to only list those values of 70% or more as generating actual revenue, and that revenue being listed in full (i.e.: 70% on a 100,000 opportunity forecasts $100,000).

Any help would be much appreciated, as I cannot figure out an adequete way to accomplish this.
  • March 14, 2007
If I have a field that lets someone enter a start date, and another field that lets someone enter total #of months on a project, how can I make it so my custom field displays the end date of the project based on this information?  I can't come up with a formula that is under 5k characters (I have gotten down to about 5210).

Here is the formula i tried last.

DATE(YEAR( SD__c )+FLOOR((MONTH(SD__c )+  TotalC__c  )/12),( (MONTH(SD__c )-((FLOOR(((TotalC__c )+YEAR(SD__c ))/12)*12)-TotalC__c ))),DAY(SD__c ))

SD = start date.  TotalC is the total length of contract.

Thanks for any help!

03-13-200701:01 PM  
  • March 14, 2007
If I have a field that lets someone enter a start date, and another field that lets someone enter total #of months on a project, how can I make it so my custom field displays the end date of the project based on this information?  I can't come up with a formula that is under 5k characters (I have gotten down to about 5210).

Thanks for any help!

• March 13, 2007
If I have a field that lets someone enter a start date, and another field that lets someone enter total #of months on a project, how can I make it so my custom field displays the end date of the project based on this information?  I can't come up with a formula that is under 5k characters (I have gotten down to about 510).

Here is the formula i tried last.

DATE(YEAR( SD__c )+FLOOR((MONTH(SD__c )+  TotalC__c  )/12),( (MONTH(SD__c )-((FLOOR(((TotalC__c )+YEAR(SD__c ))/12)*12)-TotalC__c ))),DAY(SD__c ))

SD = start date.  TotalC is the total length of contract.

Thanks for any help!

• March 13, 2007