• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an app listed on the appExchange that works fine for users logged in as regular CRM users.  We've been asked if our app will work for PRM users.  I've read as much about Salesforce PRM as I could find online, but still have some questions:

1. Our app uses many custom S-Controls.  Some docs I found from last year stated that S-Controls as not supported in PRM, but will be in the future.  Are S-Controls still not supported?

2. Our app uses the Apex API to communicate with a external app.  Is this supported in PRM?

3. Can I set up my dev account with a PRM login so I can try this out myself?

Thanks!

We have an application listed on the appExchange that communicates with our external stand-alone app via the apex_api.  We’ve had an inquiry from a potential user that uses the ‘Team Edition’ of the Salesforce platform. 

I’m trying to figure out if our app will work in their org.  The solution to the help topic “What Editions Have API Access?” mentions that the API works in the Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions; won’t work in the Personal, Group, or Professional editions; but doesn’t mention the Team edition:

Can the API be used on apps running on a Team Edition of Salesforce?

Thank you!

I have seen some apps on the appExchange with a "Learn More" button instead of the "Get It Now" button.  We'd like to do this for our listing also.

I can't find any means to enable or configure a "Learn More" button when editing the app listing, nor can I find any info on the online documentation.  What am I missing?  How do I replace "Get It Now" with "Learn More"?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

We are creating a composite app that links to an external website.  Right now, the url of the external site is defined in a custom S-Control.  Each deployment of our app needs to point to a different external url, however when we deploy as a managed package, it appears that the installer will not be able to edit the custom S-Control to change the url.

How can we allow each depoyment to point to the proper url?  We want to avoid creating a new version of our app for every deployment, with the only difference being the url in the custom S-Control.

Thank you!

We have an app listed on the appExchange that works fine for users logged in as regular CRM users.  We've been asked if our app will work for PRM users.  I've read as much about Salesforce PRM as I could find online, but still have some questions:

1. Our app uses many custom S-Controls.  Some docs I found from last year stated that S-Controls as not supported in PRM, but will be in the future.  Are S-Controls still not supported?

2. Our app uses the Apex API to communicate with a external app.  Is this supported in PRM?

3. Can I set up my dev account with a PRM login so I can try this out myself?

Thanks!

We have an application listed on the appExchange that communicates with our external stand-alone app via the apex_api.  We’ve had an inquiry from a potential user that uses the ‘Team Edition’ of the Salesforce platform. 

I’m trying to figure out if our app will work in their org.  The solution to the help topic “What Editions Have API Access?” mentions that the API works in the Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions; won’t work in the Personal, Group, or Professional editions; but doesn’t mention the Team edition:

Can the API be used on apps running on a Team Edition of Salesforce?

Thank you!

Hello,

We are creating a composite app that links to an external website.  Right now, the url of the external site is defined in a custom S-Control.  Each deployment of our app needs to point to a different external url, however when we deploy as a managed package, it appears that the installer will not be able to edit the custom S-Control to change the url.

How can we allow each depoyment to point to the proper url?  We want to avoid creating a new version of our app for every deployment, with the only difference being the url in the custom S-Control.

Thank you!