• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know how to extract the time from a date/time field?
I need to capture Time created so we can alert a team if a Case is created today before 3:30.
All their cases need to be closed same day created if created before 3:30 but I can't trap the date in order to send alerts on cases that are not closed at 5:00 if created before 3:30.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicki
  • October 16, 2007
I am editing an  S-control for quickly closing a Case, eliminating the steps to change status to closed and then clicking Save again.  This part of the s-control works.  However, we need to auto send a notification to the Contact for the Case.  The problem is that if there is no Contact populated on the Case (which happens many times, not all Cases require a Contact), the s-control gives an error for missing Contact, and the user has to click the Save again.  I am trying to avoid the additional Save and want the s-control to loop thru one code if Contact is null, and another if populated, this allows the s-control to use IsNotifyContact=1 or 0 depending on the loop. 
I am not setting up the If-Then part of the s-control correctly, any help debugging this would be tremendously helpful, here's the s-control I've edited:

<!-- begin code -->
<!-- replace 'Closed' (without quotes) in the code below with the Status desired for case closure -->

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/desktop/desktopApi.js"></script>

<script>
function init() {

var desktop = new DesktopApi();
var Contact = {!Case.ContactId};

if (Contact = null )
{
if (desktop.desktopPageWindow)
{
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=0&cas7=Closed&isdtp=mn&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
} else {
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=0&cas7=Closed&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
}
}
}
} else {
{
{
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=1cas7=Closed&isdtp=mn&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
} else {
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=1&cas7=Closed&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
}
}
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

<!-- end code -->
  • May 14, 2007
We utilize the API almost constantly with system integrations and have noticed a slow down Friday and then again today.  Is anyone else experiencing slow API processing?

• April 16, 2007
Hi

I downloaded Blackberry 8703 Simulator. I am able to login to the Production from the simulator.

Now I am trying to test the mobile configuration created in sandbox. Is it possible to test this?

If so the where I need to change the settings in the blackberry simulator to access sandbox.

I am editing an  S-control for quickly closing a Case, eliminating the steps to change status to closed and then clicking Save again.  This part of the s-control works.  However, we need to auto send a notification to the Contact for the Case.  The problem is that if there is no Contact populated on the Case (which happens many times, not all Cases require a Contact), the s-control gives an error for missing Contact, and the user has to click the Save again.  I am trying to avoid the additional Save and want the s-control to loop thru one code if Contact is null, and another if populated, this allows the s-control to use IsNotifyContact=1 or 0 depending on the loop. 
I am not setting up the If-Then part of the s-control correctly, any help debugging this would be tremendously helpful, here's the s-control I've edited:

<!-- begin code -->
<!-- replace 'Closed' (without quotes) in the code below with the Status desired for case closure -->

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/desktop/desktopApi.js"></script>

<script>
function init() {

var desktop = new DesktopApi();
var Contact = {!Case.ContactId};

if (Contact = null )
{
{
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=0&cas7=Closed&isdtp=mn&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
} else {
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=0&cas7=Closed&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
}
}
}
} else {
{
{
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=1cas7=Closed&isdtp=mn&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
} else {
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&notifyContact=1&cas7=Closed&nooverride=0&retURL=/{!Case.Id}";
}
}
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

<!-- end code -->
  • May 14, 2007