• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all. 

Unfortunately I have no background in java or any other language and am finding the force.com cookbook a little beyond my scope.

I am trying to take a matrix report and make it visible in a Dashboard.  1) is this possible? 2) can anyone offer some advice on how to start this?

Thanks so much

Leslie  :smileyhappy:

Hi all,

I have created a very simple formula:

IF(
ISPICKVAL( Product2.Family , "Prod1"),
ListPrice > UnitPrice ,
NULL)

I want to use this as a workflow.  This was fine.  Now I want to add a field update based on this rule to change a record type on an Opportunity and there are no options in the Approval Process or Workflow Alerts to allow this to happen based on my criteria.  I don't understand why the Product/Opportunity are not linked to begin with....

Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround?

L
Hi all,

I am trying to get a formula to update a date field when the stage is changed to Won.  The formula I have is (please pity me, I have no knowledge of formulas and am trying my best to get by)...

IF(
ISPICKVAL (StageName , "7 - Prepare for Project Execution"),Today()+0 , NULL)

But every time the record it opened it updated to Today again causing inaccurate reports....any suggestions?

Leslie
The Lone Newfie
Hi All,

I am trying to calculate the month a lead was created so that I can track the quarter and then track the percentage of product specific leads from 2006 vs 2007 / quarter.

These are the two formulas I have found but I am getting an error when I change Close Date to Created Date...any suggestions on why? or how to accomplish this?

1. Month Formula: CASE( MONTH ( {!CloseDate} ) , 1, "01 - January", 2, "02 - February", 3, "03 - March", 4, "04 - April", 5, "05 - May", 6, "06 - June", 7, "07 - July", 8, "08 - August", 9, "09 - September", 10, "10 - October", 11, "11 - November", "12 - December")

2. Quarter Formula: CASE( MONTH ( {!CloseDate} ) , 1, "Q1", 2, "Q1", 3, "Q1", 4, "Q2", 5, "Q2", 6, "Q2", 7, "Q3", 8, "Q3", 9, "Q3", "Q4")

Thanks

Lee

Hi all. 

Unfortunately I have no background in java or any other language and am finding the force.com cookbook a little beyond my scope.

I am trying to take a matrix report and make it visible in a Dashboard.  1) is this possible? 2) can anyone offer some advice on how to start this?

Thanks so much

Leslie  :smileyhappy:

Hi all,

I am trying to get a formula to update a date field when the stage is changed to Won.  The formula I have is (please pity me, I have no knowledge of formulas and am trying my best to get by)...

IF(
ISPICKVAL (StageName , "7 - Prepare for Project Execution"),Today()+0 , NULL)

But every time the record it opened it updated to Today again causing inaccurate reports....any suggestions?

Leslie
The Lone Newfie