• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The Map Nearby Accounts function has great promise for our organization but we would find the application to be more useful if the address mapped was the shipping address and not the billing address. Has anyone attempted to modify the necessary code and components to use this feature with the shipping address? If so, please advise.
In our business process, we have dividied up the State of Michigan into 9 routes that we service with an internal field staff and one region we service using UPS / FedEx. The 9 routes are not distributed by county but rather by zip codes. I was going to use a formula field to assign the appropriate route to Lead records using the commands IF and CONTAINS (i.e. IF (CONTAINS ( "48114:48116", PostalCode ), "Route-4",). However, using this technique, I will surely exceed the 1300 character limit for formula fields.

Considering the formula technique is not an option, I am assuming this function can be accomplished using an S-Control. However, I have no experience creating S-Controls and as such will need (prefer) to outsource this work.

If you are interested in creating an S-Control for this function, please contact me directly or by replying to this posting.

Thanks.

In our business process, we have dividied up the State of Michigan into 9 routes that we service with an internal field staff and one region we service using UPS / FedEx. The 9 routes are not distributed by county but rather by zip codes. I was going to develop a custom formula field to assign the appropriate route to Lead records using the commands IF and CONTAINS (i.e. IF (CONTAINS ( "48114:48116", PostalCode ), "Route-4",). However, going this route, I will surely exceed the 1300 character limit.

Is this perhaps a place to employ an S-Control or should I be looking into other options?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, if this is a problem that can be solved using an S-Control, I would entertain outsouring the development of the S-Control. If you're interested in talking this problem, let me know.

Thanks.
In our business process, we have dividied up the State of Michigan into 9 routes that we service with an internal field staff and one region we service using UPS / FedEx. The 9 routes are not distributed by county but rather by zip codes. I was going to use a formula field to assign the appropriate route to Lead records using the commands IF and CONTAINS (i.e. IF (CONTAINS ( "48114:48116", PostalCode ), "Route-4",). However, using this technique, I will surely exceed the 1300 character limit for formula fields.

Considering the formula technique is not an option, I am assuming this function can be accomplished using an S-Control. However, I have no experience creating S-Controls and as such will need (prefer) to outsource this work.

If you are interested in creating an S-Control for this function, please contact me directly or by replying to this posting.

Thanks.

Thanks.