• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know this issue has been brought up several times, but there has not been a solid answer/solution. This is regarding OAUTH 2, REST API and Connected Apps.

Problem: There is a 5 Refresh Token limit per Connected App
What does this mean: This means if there has been 5 users that logged in via OAUTH, when the 6th user logs in, it invalidates the 1st login's refresh token.

This has been brought up here (but no solution): https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/65590/what-causes-a-connected-apps-refresh-token-to-expire and also by Salesforce itself: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=remoteaccess_request_manage.htm&type=0

Has anybody found a solution around this Refresh Token limit? The goal is to avoid users having to re-login after the initial authentication flow.
I'm working with Triggers and I believe there is an unreported bug that I have found regarding Trigger.New and Trigger.Old. Here is the bug:

1. It's a Trigger on Opportunity after update. I even tested this with before update.
2. We are using Salesforce API (wsdl) to update the Opportunity from an external application.
3. When the Trigger fires, the objects Trigger.New and Trigger.Old (any field), holds the same exact values.

I expected that Trigger.New would hold the new values (the ones that will be updated in the database after the order of execution completes), while the Trigger.Old would hold the current/previous values. I made sure there are no workflows and other processes interfering with this particular field. I know I know, there are tons of resources showing how to compare the old and new values and I've tested them all to no avail.

The important thing to note: When a user updates the Opportunity in Salesforce, the Trigger works perfectly fine. The Trigger.New reflects the new values that will be updated, and the Trigger.Old reflects the old values. BUT when we are updating the Opportunity from an external application using the Salesforce API wsdl, the Trigger.Old and Trigger.New objects are exactly identical when the trigger fires. However, after the entire Order of Execution complets, the fields do indeed reflect the new values in the Salesforce interface.

Has anyone had this issue? Or can somebody test/help with any ideas/input?

Thanks a lot.
I know this issue has been brought up several times, but there has not been a solid answer/solution. This is regarding OAUTH 2, REST API and Connected Apps.

Problem: There is a 5 Refresh Token limit per Connected App
What does this mean: This means if there has been 5 users that logged in via OAUTH, when the 6th user logs in, it invalidates the 1st login's refresh token.

This has been brought up here (but no solution): https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/65590/what-causes-a-connected-apps-refresh-token-to-expire and also by Salesforce itself: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=remoteaccess_request_manage.htm&type=0

Has anybody found a solution around this Refresh Token limit? The goal is to avoid users having to re-login after the initial authentication flow.
I'm working with Triggers and I believe there is an unreported bug that I have found regarding Trigger.New and Trigger.Old. Here is the bug:

1. It's a Trigger on Opportunity after update. I even tested this with before update.
2. We are using Salesforce API (wsdl) to update the Opportunity from an external application.
3. When the Trigger fires, the objects Trigger.New and Trigger.Old (any field), holds the same exact values.

I expected that Trigger.New would hold the new values (the ones that will be updated in the database after the order of execution completes), while the Trigger.Old would hold the current/previous values. I made sure there are no workflows and other processes interfering with this particular field. I know I know, there are tons of resources showing how to compare the old and new values and I've tested them all to no avail.

The important thing to note: When a user updates the Opportunity in Salesforce, the Trigger works perfectly fine. The Trigger.New reflects the new values that will be updated, and the Trigger.Old reflects the old values. BUT when we are updating the Opportunity from an external application using the Salesforce API wsdl, the Trigger.Old and Trigger.New objects are exactly identical when the trigger fires. However, after the entire Order of Execution complets, the fields do indeed reflect the new values in the Salesforce interface.

Has anyone had this issue? Or can somebody test/help with any ideas/input?

Thanks a lot.