• Senior Software Engineer
  • Patron Technology

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a site for our customers to use to view their accounts / bill / update their details / etc.  As part of the site we have a wizard where the customer can sign up as a user (the public user for the site has access to those pages).

On submission of the last page in the wizard, there is a webservice call back to Salesforce to create the user (I believe it was done this way due to restrictions in creating a user).

This whole process is currently working successfully in production, however, our testers needed to setup some users in our Test sandbox and we are getting the following error in the Test environment:
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[63]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session faultcode=sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID faultactor=

The code at line 63 is just a WebServiceCallout.invoke.

The session Id is set in the controller with the following code:
PortalUtil_WS.PortalUtil stub = new PortalUtil_WS.PortalUtil();
stub.SessionHeader = new PortalUtil_WS.SessionHeader_element();
stub.SessionHeader.sessionId = UserInfo.getSessionId();

The Test sandbox is on CS5 (winter 15), but I have also tested the process in our Training sandbox which is on CS6 (Summer 14) and the same error is occuring there.

I'm not sure how long this has been happening because we haven't tested this process for a little while and it hasn't been modified in several months either.

• September 16, 2014
I have a visualforce page and it is connecting ot a custom controller.
I have a button on the VF page which trigger an action method in the controller.
<apex:commandButton title="Proceed" action="{!firstPageNext}" styleClass="btn img-btn pull-right"></apex:commandButton>
My controller method is like this
public void firstPageNext()
{
	system.debug('first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Info, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Finest, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Debug, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Error, 'first page next is executing');

... and some other stuff
}
I can confirm that my `... and some other stuff` part of the code is being executed. The problem I am having is that my `system.debug` message is not displaying in Developer Console Logs or Debug Logs. I crated new debugs rule but I still don't see any debug log or message showing anywhere when my action method got executed. 

What is it that I am missing?

Thanks

Rules Created

I'm seeing this when running my canvas app on a custom tab (via a visual force page) installed managed package. I've had no issues running it the same way on the same enviroment without it being a managed package as I was developing. Any idea?
Errors in the logs

I and some other colleagues received this notification via email to all our System Administrators:

"You have one or more certificates in your Salesforce org California College Guidance Initiative [org ID here] that will expire soon. Please review the list below and visit Certificate and Key Management from Setup to make an update.

- SelfSignedCert_20Nov2013_203932, Self-Signed, expires on 11/20/2015. Warning: This certificate will expire in 30 day(s)"

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can check if letting this expire impacts us or not? Has anyone else seen this?
I'm using SLDS in a Lightning component, and I'm sure I've read somewhere that the page header can be made to stay fixed whilst the rest of the screen is vertically scrolled.

My page header looks like this:
<div class="slds-page-header">
    <p class="slds-text-heading--label">Contacts</p>
    <h1>My Contacts</h1>
 </div>

Is there a class that I'm missing?

• September 10, 2015
I've got a canvas app in a developer org that is pointing to another org's visualforce page and I'm trying to publish an event from the VF page to the canvas app. I get the following error:

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'publish' of undefined" - which is caused by a line in the controller.js
function publish(event) {
      Sfdc.canvas.parent.publish(event)
    }

Here is the code for the VF page that contains the canvas app (subscriber)
<apex:page showHeader="true" sidebar="true">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="https://na24.salesforce.com/canvas/sdk/js/33.0/canvas-all.js"/>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/canvas/sdk/js/31.0/controller.js"></script>   
    <apex:canvasApp applicationName="testApp" />
    <script>
    // Subscribe to a custom event.
        Sfdc.canvas.controller.subscribe({name : 'mynamespace.myevent',onData : function (e) {console.log(e);}});
    </script>
</apex:page>
And here's the code for the VF page contained in the canvas app:
<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
<apex:includeScript value="/canvas/sdk/js/33.0/canvas-all.js"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/canvas/sdk/js/31.0/controller.js"></script>   

<script>
	//publish attempt
  function testpayload () { 
    Sfdc.canvas.controller.publish({name : 'mynamespace.myevent',payload : {}});
  }
</script>
<h4>Canvas Testing</h4>
<br/>
<input type="button" value="Test" onclick="testpayload();"/>
</apex:page>
What am I missing? What needs to be included in the publishing VF page so that the parent in the canvas object is defined?

-Jimmy

We have a site for our customers to use to view their accounts / bill / update their details / etc.  As part of the site we have a wizard where the customer can sign up as a user (the public user for the site has access to those pages).

On submission of the last page in the wizard, there is a webservice call back to Salesforce to create the user (I believe it was done this way due to restrictions in creating a user).

This whole process is currently working successfully in production, however, our testers needed to setup some users in our Test sandbox and we are getting the following error in the Test environment:
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[63]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session faultcode=sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID faultactor=

The Test sandbox is on CS5 (winter 15), but I have also tested the process in our Training sandbox which is on CS6 (Summer 14) and the same error is occuring there.

I'm not sure how long this has been happening because we haven't tested this process for a little while and it hasn't been modified in several months either.

• September 16, 2014

Hi All,

I'm the Product Manager for packaging here at salesforce.com.  We're currently working on a feature that would allow fields and objects to be removed from managed packages.  This is a popular request and something we're hoping to deliver very soon, but we need your help.  Please respond to this post with any thoughts around this topic.  I've included a few questions to get the conversation going:

• Why do you want to remove these?  No longer used?  Customers didn't like them?  Replace with a new field?
  • When you deprecate a field/object, what should happen for existing customers?  New customers?
  • Would you have to remove all usage of a field/object in your app before you can deprecate it?  What happens if you've included the field in another formula field, etc?  
Thanks for your time and input!
Message Edited by A_Smith on 02-20-2009 05:55 PM

• September 16, 2014