• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have a multiselect picklist value in an object . it contains around 40 values. Selected all the values. when i am reteriving the field in VF page through     <apex:outputfield value ="{!abc__c.xyz__c}" /> am getting scrol bar for this field which i dont want.
I dont want all the values needs to be display....without scrolling down.
pleae help me on this ASAP.
Hi All,

How to add list custom settings into an existing multi select picklist in visualforce?

VF Page

<apex:selectList value="{!selectedValue}" size="1" multiselect="false">
                                 <apex:selectOptions value="{!MyOptions}"/>
  </apex:selectList>

Apex:

public List<SelectOption> getMyOptions(){
    List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();     

// Reading picklist values and labels
    Schema.DescribeFieldResult fieldResult = Investor_Profile__c.Investor_Groups__c.getDescribe();
    List<Schema.PicklistEntry> picklistEntries = fieldResult.getPicklistValues();

// Adding apicklist values to the select list
    for(Schema.PicklistEntry entry : picklistEntries){
        options.add(new SelectOption(entry.getValue(), entry.getLabel()));
    }
    // Now adding custom settings to the select list
     for(Investor_Details__c setting : Investor_Details__c.getAll().values()){
        options.add(new SelectOption(setting.name, setting.name));
            }    

return options;
}

with this code am getting the picklist values but i need to get the multi select picklist values.
Reply ASAP....
Thanks in Advance....:)

Hi All,

Can we insert values from VF page to Customsettings? 

If anybody has done it Plz..reply ASAP...

Thanks in Advance...
Hi...
I have a VF page in that , Save, Cancel and Print Buttons are there.
A page block i der to take the input and save.
What i want to do is... What I saved the record that I need to print.For that i took another pageblock to get the values from the object .
While loading the Vf Page i dont want to display the output page block.
When i click on print button the output pageblock needs to print
CAn we download VF page to Excel without using another VF page. If not why we need to ause another VF page?
Hi All,

I have a multiselect picklist value in an object . it contains around 40 values. Selected all the values. when i am reteriving the field in VF page through     <apex:outputfield value ="{!abc__c.xyz__c}" /> am getting scrol bar for this field which i dont want.
I dont want all the values needs to be display....without scrolling down.
pleae help me on this ASAP.
Hi...
I have a VF page in that , Save, Cancel and Print Buttons are there.
A page block i der to take the input and save.
What i want to do is... What I saved the record that I need to print.For that i took another pageblock to get the values from the object .
While loading the Vf Page i dont want to display the output page block.
When i click on print button the output pageblock needs to print
CAn we download VF page to Excel without using another VF page. If not why we need to ause another VF page?

Hi,

I have a VF page that I'm using as a component on my dashboard.  The data often exceeds to the pixel height that I set in the dashboard component options, but I don't want to increase the height of the component window.  Instead, I want to all the VF page to scroll within the dashboard.  Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone, just wanted to share with the community this custom component I made and give something back for the help I've received. :smileyhappy:

The purpose of the component is to enable autocomplete in lookup fields. I used the autocomplete js created by Jim Roos:
(http://www.jimroos.com/2007/05/ajax-autocomplete.html) but made some modifications to it so that it could interact with an Apex controller among some other things...

So my idea was that if you were making a VF page that had an inputfield that was related to a lookupfield you would just insert this autocomplete component to that inputfield. Something like this:

Code:
           <apex:inputField value="{!Contact.accountid}" id="accname" styleClass="cField">
<c:autocomplete ObjectName="Accounts" InputId="{!$Component.accname}" AutoCompleteId="accACid" ClassName="autocomplete300"/>
</apex:inputField>

The component has 4 parameters:

The name of the object or custom object that the inputfield relates to (new objects must be added inside the apex classes since i had some problems constructing a dynamic query).
The InputId which is used to relate the component to the input field
The id for the Component
A classname parameter that basically just defines the width of the suggestions menu.

Here's a screenshot of how it looks like in action:

Here's a link to the file containing the required files:

AutoCompleteComponent

Jonathan.

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-16-2008 01:55 PM

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-17-2008 09:04 AM
Message Edited by jonathan rico on 01-02-2010 05:01 PM