• CEO
  • RealProTools

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
While viewing a standard Contact object, I press new to create a new record in a custom related list object.  The New Custom object record populates the Contact lookup field, but does not populate the Account Lookup field.  I need to populate the Account Lookup field.  What is the best way to accomplish this knowing that I plan to create a managed package which would proclude any use of URL hacking or other non-Salesforce accepted practices?
While viewing a standard Contact object, I press new to create a new record in a custom related list object.  The New Custom object record populates the Contact lookup field, but does not populate the Account Lookup field.  I need to populate the Account Lookup field.  What is the best way to accomplish this knowing that I plan to create a managed package which would proclude any use of URL hacking or other non-Salesforce accepted practices?
I created a custom object in my org and created custom lookup fields for account and contact so they would show up in the respective related list. When i create a new record for my custom object via the related list in either account or contact it does not pre populate the lookup field. The users have to click the lookup magnifying glass and select the account or contact themselves. How do I fix this?