• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm receiving the following error for what I hope will be a simple Case Created Email Template:
Only messaging components are allowed as children of messaging:emailTemplate.

Below is my VF Template.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm new to writing apex.
<messaging:emailTemplate 
    subject="Test Case Creation" 
    recipientType="Contact" 
    relatedToType="Case">
    replyTo="email@address.com" >

<messaging:htmlEmailBody>
        <html>
            <body>
            <STYLE type="text/css">
            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
            TD {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
            </STYLE>
            <p>This is an automated confirmation to confirm that we have received your case.&nbsp; When you receive future emails regarding this case, please respond directly to that email thread. In doing so, you will ensure that your email is logged against the appropriate case. </p>
            <TABLE border="0">
                <TR>
                  <TD>Case Number</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext>"{!relatedTo.CaseNumber}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Subject</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Subject}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Priority</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Priority}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Description</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Description}" </apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Reference Code</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Reference_Field__c}" </apex:outputtext> </TD>
                </TR>
            </TABLE>
            <p>You can expect a response from our staff member within 2 business days. Our goal is to resolve your case within 5 working days depending on the level of complexity and urgency. If you wish to Escalate this case, please respond to this or an email within the cases thread with the subject &quot;Escalate&quot;.</p>
            </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Is there a way to set the default "Show" setting to "All Updates" instead of "All Questions" in Napili?  
User-added image
The Community Builder won't load for my computer.  I've tried it on either laptops and it's loaded fine.  In the past, I've had issues with logging in to different SF environments where I'll login and it will just freeze on the login redirect. 

I use the Force.com IDE so I've wondering if there's been some conflict with my Java environment?  There's other examples of issues but I wondered if there's some way to troubleshoot Community Builder.
I'm incredibly new to all of this so I appreciate any help you're able to offer.

I've got a Task Trigger that is firing correctly for just general tasks; however, I want to add a filter to the type of tasks that update the related whoId.  I basically only want the whoId to be updated if the task is complete and contains "Inbound" which is contained in multiple values in a single picklist.  The "Inbound" string in Step A is there because I'm not sure how to filter by the actual field.
trigger LastActivityUpdate on Task (after insert, after update) {

//Step A: Add the Inbound Set
    Set<String> Inbound = new Set<String>{'Inbound Letter', 'Inbound Email','Inbound Web', 'Inbound Call'};

//Step 1: Create a set of Contact IDs from the task
    Set<String> whoIds = new Set<String>();
		//for these tasks, pull in the whoID
    	for (Task t : Trigger.new){
        //    This "Done" criteria was throwing some system exceptions so I've just got it noted.
        //      if (t.Done__c = TRUE){
            	whoIds.add(t.WhoId);
        //    }
		}

//Step 2: list that Contact and their "Last Inbound Activity" field
    List<Contact> cons = [SELECT Id, Last_Inbound_Activity__c FROM Contact WHERE Id =: whoIds];

//Step 3: iterate over tasks and create map of tasks by WhoId
    Map<String, Task> taskMap = new Map<String, Task>();
    	for (Task t : Trigger.new){ 
			taskMap.put(t.whoID, t);
			}

//Step 4: iterate over Contacts, retrieve fields and set with ActivityDate
    for (Contact c : cons) {
        if (taskMap.containsKey(c.Id))
    		c.Last_Inbound_Activity__c = taskMap.get(c.Id).ActivityDate;
  		}  

//Lastly, update the contact
    update cons;
}
I'm receiving the following error for what I hope will be a simple Case Created Email Template:
Only messaging components are allowed as children of messaging:emailTemplate.

Below is my VF Template.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm new to writing apex.
<messaging:emailTemplate 
    subject="Test Case Creation" 
    recipientType="Contact" 
    relatedToType="Case">
    replyTo="email@address.com" >

<messaging:htmlEmailBody>
        <html>
            <body>
            <STYLE type="text/css">
            TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
            TD {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
            TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
            TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
            </STYLE>
            <p>This is an automated confirmation to confirm that we have received your case.&nbsp; When you receive future emails regarding this case, please respond directly to that email thread. In doing so, you will ensure that your email is logged against the appropriate case. </p>
            <TABLE border="0">
                <TR>
                  <TD>Case Number</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext>"{!relatedTo.CaseNumber}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Subject</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Subject}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Priority</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Priority}"</apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Description</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Description}" </apex:outputtext></TD>
                </TR>
                <TR>
                  <TD>Reference Code</TD>
                  <TD><apex:outputtext> value="{!relatedTo.Reference_Field__c}" </apex:outputtext> </TD>
                </TR>
            </TABLE>
            <p>You can expect a response from our staff member within 2 business days. Our goal is to resolve your case within 5 working days depending on the level of complexity and urgency. If you wish to Escalate this case, please respond to this or an email within the cases thread with the subject &quot;Escalate&quot;.</p>
            </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Has anyone completed this trail? I am stomped on challenge number 3, regarding created the process for fulfillment. Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.