• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom object that shows all the products we have in our system.  In the notes and attachments section we add images, data sheets, and pricing.

I want all users to be able to view the images and data sheets (easy)
but I only want sales reps to be able to see the pricing.

I thought I could do this by marking that attachment as private, but even when i give the sales rep group full read/write/view/modify rights it still doesn't show up.

Is there a way to give that profile group admin rights to just the product object within my app?
I have a visualforce page to submit support requests, that has a workflow rule that sends it to the appropriate rep when it is submitted. 

When it is completed the rep enters the completion date.  What I want to do is set up a workflow rule that will send an email out to the requester when the completion date is added.  In this email I need to display the body of any notes that are attached to the record.

I know how to setup the workflow but how would I add the notes to the email template.
Hi,

I have a VF page to add a new request for Setting up New Products.  On this page the user enters the product UPC and other information.  For tracking and reporting issues we can only accept 1 UPC per request.  In order to save user time I want to change the page so that they can submit multiple requests at once, with the only field changing being the UPC.  Is this something that can be done, preferably with the standard controller with or without an extension?
I have a VF page for new requests for sales support.  They choose what kind of request it is from a picklist. New Product, Pricing, Reports, ETC. Each of these have a set of minimum required information for us to complete the request.  Can I use an IF statement that will set the visibility and required status of the input object based on the input of that initial picklist value? or is there an easier way to do this?  I am fairly new to salesforce and visualforce coming from working with MS Access and sharepoints. 
I have a visualforce page to submit support requests, that has a workflow rule that sends it to the appropriate rep when it is submitted. 

When it is completed the rep enters the completion date.  What I want to do is set up a workflow rule that will send an email out to the requester when the completion date is added.  In this email I need to display the body of any notes that are attached to the record.

I know how to setup the workflow but how would I add the notes to the email template.
I have a VF page for new requests for sales support.  They choose what kind of request it is from a picklist. New Product, Pricing, Reports, ETC. Each of these have a set of minimum required information for us to complete the request.  Can I use an IF statement that will set the visibility and required status of the input object based on the input of that initial picklist value? or is there an easier way to do this?  I am fairly new to salesforce and visualforce coming from working with MS Access and sharepoints.