• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a permissionset pulled from an org. In it it lists the "ApproveContract" permission, set to true. When I try to sdeploy to another Org the deployment is rejected with
Error: Unknown user permission: ApproveContract
I assume that this permission is tied to an admin activated feature. What feature is it and how can I turn it off?

I can't find any documentation for this permission at all.
Hi,

I a very simple case that I'm surprised Salessforce migration tool can't deal with.

I have two date fields on Account: Open and Closed.

I then have a formula field that sets a boolean to true if today is between Open and Closed.

These are stored in an unmanaged package.

So far so good. But when  Itry and destroy these changes (rename package.xml to destructiveChanges.xml, create empty package.xml) I get the following error:

1.  objects/Account.object (Account.Open_Date__c) -- Error: This custom field is
 referenced elsewhere in salesforce.com. : Custom Formula Field - Account.Active
__c.

But my destructiveChanges should destroy all fields incluved, the date fields and related formula.

Do I have to bash out staged destructions, ie figure out which fields are formula fields, destroy those, then destroy other fields? These seems horrible and I was hoping the tool would be smart enough to recognise that the destruction is selft contained.
I'm trying to deploy a dashboard to an empty Org. During deployment (launched from Eclipse/Force.com IDE via "Deploy To Server") I get the error "An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 650543134-5341 (1335083681)"

The deployment log can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/mxFt2mF6
The dashboard xml can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/SyFMhYbz
I'm trying to undeploy code from a Salesforce org using ant. In order to do so I have to manipulate some profiles and then redeploy them back to the server.

When I try and deploy profiles I get the following errors:

All Component Failures:
1.  profiles/Guest License User.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account
2.  profiles/Web Services Profile.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account
3.  profiles/High Volume Customer Portal User.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account

These are standard profiles. The first two and not visible through the web interface. However, I can see "High Volume Customer Portal User" and I can see that the profiles doesn't have Read permission on Account:

User-added image

[snipped for brevity]

Here's the raw profile xml: http://pastebin.com/pheFJJ1i

It looks like these Profiles are undeployable. Any solutions / feedback?

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy code from a sandbox back into a developer org. I have a problem with the AppMenu metadata. On the sandbox we have a Conga Conductor trial, on the dev org we don't. So if I try to deploy with that app listed it borks.

If I remove the line referencing Conductor from AppSwitcher.appMenu and remove Conductor from "Referenced Packages" it seems like I should now be able to deploy the appMenus.

However I get: 

For AppSwticherAppMenu, all apps must be in the app menu

Any idea how I can track down what it's actually refering to?

Paul
Hi,

Ant deployment. I am a System administrator. Package.xml contains:

<types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>CustomApplication</name>
</types>

When I try to ant retrieve from my sandbox I get:

[sf:retrieve] package.xml - You do not have the proper permissions to access CustomApplication.

Why?

Paul
Take a look at the following page:

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Apex_Code_Test_Methods

The code examples have random <script> elements.

A few minutes ago the heading of the page was gibberish too.
I have a permissionset pulled from an org. In it it lists the "ApproveContract" permission, set to true. When I try to sdeploy to another Org the deployment is rejected with
I assume that this permission is tied to an admin activated feature. What feature is it and how can I turn it off?

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy code from a sandbox back into a developer org. I have a problem with the AppMenu metadata. On the sandbox we have a Conga Conductor trial, on the dev org we don't. So if I try to deploy with that app listed it borks.

If I remove the line referencing Conductor from AppSwitcher.appMenu and remove Conductor from "Referenced Packages" it seems like I should now be able to deploy the appMenus.

However I get: 

Paul
Hi,

<types>
        <members>*</members>
</types>

[sf:retrieve] package.xml - You do not have the proper permissions to access CustomApplication.

Why?

Paul

Hi,

I a very simple case that I'm surprised Salessforce migration tool can't deal with.

I have two date fields on Account: Open and Closed.

I then have a formula field that sets a boolean to true if today is between Open and Closed.

These are stored in an unmanaged package.

So far so good. But when  Itry and destroy these changes (rename package.xml to destructiveChanges.xml, create empty package.xml) I get the following error:

1.  objects/Account.object (Account.Open_Date__c) -- Error: This custom field is
 referenced elsewhere in salesforce.com. : Custom Formula Field - Account.Active
__c.

But my destructiveChanges should destroy all fields incluved, the date fields and related formula.

Do I have to bash out staged destructions, ie figure out which fields are formula fields, destroy those, then destroy other fields? These seems horrible and I was hoping the tool would be smart enough to recognise that the destruction is selft contained.
I'm trying to undeploy code from a Salesforce org using ant. In order to do so I have to manipulate some profiles and then redeploy them back to the server.

When I try and deploy profiles I get the following errors:

All Component Failures:
1.  profiles/Guest License User.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account
2.  profiles/Web Services Profile.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account
3.  profiles/High Volume Customer Portal User.profile -- Error: Permission Edit Contract depends on permission(s): Read Account

These are standard profiles. The first two and not visible through the web interface. However, I can see "High Volume Customer Portal User" and I can see that the profiles doesn't have Read permission on Account:

User-added image

[snipped for brevity]

Here's the raw profile xml: http://pastebin.com/pheFJJ1i

It looks like these Profiles are undeployable. Any solutions / feedback?

Hi,

However I get: 

Paul
Hi,

<types>
        <members>*</members>
</types>

Why?

Paul