• 439 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We integrate some data from our ERP over to Salesforce for better visibilty and reporting of our customers.  I'm bringing over the order lines from the ERP database nightly using Jitterbit.  However I don't have a solid data association between the Account objects and the Orders yet.  We bring over the Account Number of the ERP system into the Orders object; and we have the ERP Account number 'stamped' on the Salesforce Accounts that we've done business with; but presently there isn't any hard linkage between these two objects.

I'm wondering what type of relationship would suffice here.  Looking through the various types (Lookup, Master-Detail, Hierarchical) none of them are a match for what I'm after.  I don't want this to have to be user driven; I'd rather it associated itself to the other record if there was a match.  In my previous experience you can't assoicate two records in Salesforce based on an external key.  All associations must be done with SFIDs for things... is that the case?  And if so, any recommendations on how to associate this data with the minimal amount of overhead?  
Followed this guide for setting up Box for Salesforce and there isn't anything in it that applies to Chatter groups.  Wondering if anyone else has set this up. 
Hi, I'm trying to associate two objects that are coming from an external system.  I'm puzzled as to how a Master-Detail set of objects in Salesforce as even associated.  In MSSQL or other database software (or even Access!) I can create a join between two objects on a specific criteria.  In Salesforce I have no apparent options between two objects in the Schema Builder or Object Design to "Join" the Master-Detail objects together.  It is just a mandatory relationship, but what criteria is the join created with?  Seems like somewhere in the Schema Builder would specify what field the association of a Master-Detail is using.  

Any advice welcome!
I will be doing a daily import of Orders from our ERP system.  This data is structured in two part schema: Order_Header and Order_Detail.   I am debating on associating any type of Lookup or Master-Detail relationship between these two sources in Salesforce.  I do not need to enforce data validation/coherence between these two objects on the Salesforce side, as the data is read-only and mono-directional from the ERP into Salesforce.  Even though I don't need the data quality/integrity that this relationship provides, I need to restructure the data on the Salesforce side much like it is in the schema of the source/ERP system.  That means a Parent-Child (or in Salesforce's lingo Master Detail relationship).  If I do not set up this type of relationship between these objects, I'm not sure what type of limitations this will do to me when I'm trying to use Reports and Dashboards in creating Reports around these specific objects.  

Has anyone ever seen a PB not execute for some users records but execute for other users records?  I have a PB that is an alert-generator for Opportunities, the problem is that it works for me (my Opps) but not other users.  

Don't know why this could be happening, since PBs are supposed to run as a system account on the back-end.  

Has anyone seen this before?  

Having some permissions difficulties with some Flows I setup in Process Builder.  I think what the issue that I have been having is permissions related, so I'm curious as to how I can (if possible) set up PB to execute as a specific user account rather than having to give all the users that this Flow would pertain to access to these fields.  

Is this possible?  

I have tried, and tried and tried again over and over to make Process Builder work with the simpleist of logic and it always fails and has errors.  One example of a Process Builder fix that I'm trying to implement is to create notifications if a Lead has gone 24 hours without being opened by its Owner.  There is that handy field called "Unread by Owner" that Process Builder can "kinda" see, it calls is "IsUnreadbyOwner", I think that these are the same field (they are both boolean for example) but they have slightly different names.  I haven't had any luck and have a deluge of Flow report error messages emails for nearly every possible thing that one can attempt to do with this under the sun.  

Has anyone had any luck with Process Builder?  It seems that either it doesn't understand basic logic that would work in any other code or scripting language, or it is incredibly buggy and unreliable.  Could it just be me?
Hi, have a pretty simple and straightforward Lead alert process.  I have a Process Builder "Flow" that is initiated every time a new Lead is created, and as a next step sets a 12 hour timer to initiate an invocable process.  

The invocable process checks to see if the Lead has not been assigned (pulled out of the Web Lead Queue, the default 'owner' of the Web Leads) and if it is still "Unread by Owner = True".  This Flow worked for a few weeks but now is no longer working even though nothing changed on our end.  Below is the flow error.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks everyone!

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Lead_is_Created
Type: Record Change Process
Version: 3
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Lead_is_Created-3_InterviewLabel
Current User: Bobbi McConnell (005d0000000cERN)
Start time: 2/21/2018 3:55 PM
Duration: 43,174 seconds
How the Interview Started
Bobbi Smith (005d0000000cERN) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = 00Q0V00000y2bzHUAQ
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "2/21/2018 3:55 PM"
DECISION: myPreWaitDecision_myWait_myRule_1
Executed this outcome: myPreWaitRule_myWait_myRule_1
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!formula_myRule_1} (true) Equals true
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)
DECISION: myDecision
Executed this outcome: myRule_1
1. {!formula_myRule_1} (true) Equals true
WAIT: myWait_myRule_1
The waiting conditions for the following wait events were met.
Wait Event: myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0
Waiting Conditions:
1. {!myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0_postActionExecutionVariable} (false) Equals false

Event Type: Alarm: Relative Time
Object Type = Lead
Record ID = {!myVariable_current.Id} (00Q0V00000y2bzHUAQ)
Offset Unit = Hours
Offset Number = 12
Base Date/Time Field = CreatedDate
Result
Started waiting at 2/21/2018 3:55 PM.

The interview started waiting at 2/21/2018 3:55 PM.
The interview was resumed at 2/22/2018 3:55 AM by Bobbi Smith (005d0000000cERN).

WAIT: myWait_myRule_1
Wait event myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0 occurred.
The following values from the event were assigned to flow variables.
None.
DECISION: myPostWaitDecision_myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0
Executed this outcome: myPostWaitRule_myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0
1. {!myVariable_current.CreatedDate} (2/21/2018 3:55 PM) Is null false
LEAD_STALE_LEAD_ALERT (FLOWS): myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_1_event_0_SA1
Inputs:
SObject = {!myVariable_current} (00Q0V00000y2bzHUAQ)

Error Occurred: An error occurred when trying to start a flow interview.

Salesforce Error ID: 1400152300-1998 (265186732)
Hi, the Validation Rules look like they can get record-specific, but even though Validation Rules appear as a related list under the object customization screen, they cannot, or I'm not seeing how, you can reference them to just apply to specific fields and not the entire record.  I have an object that a large group of people have access to, but I only want the owner of that specific record to be able to change one of the fields, or the validation rule pops up.  

The validation rule that was sorta working was:
$User.Id <> OwnerId
And this worked but applied to all changes on the record while I just want it to apply to a specific field.  Any suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I'm not finding "$user" (minus the quotes) in the 3000+ page Salesforce Developer guide, nor am I finding it in this forum.  I know that certain calls can be made with the $User.ID, or $User.XYZ?  I'd like to know what a comprehensive list of those looked like so I coudl use them in a Validation Rule that I'm working on and just to have them for reference.  Any help appreciated!  They must be somewhere!
Thought that Validation Rules and then Process builder would have the answer here, but I'm not finding the system-wide variable for "Current User" as a valid option for either of those systems so I'm not sure how to set this up.

I have an object that Sales has access to and they can edit a specific field "Recommended to", however I only want them to be able to edit that field when they are the specific record owner.  These records might change owner over and over again in their life-cycle and I wanted to restrict the ability to change that field only to who presently owned it.  Hope I do this with something other than having to scrap the Page Views and put in manual Visualforce code!
Hi, I'm trying to create a simple program that tracks some demo cases that we have out in the field.  Hitting a wall in regards to every tool I try and use in Salesforce.  

Here is what I'm trying to do, 
I've got a demo kit that needs to transfer ownership from one user to another, but needs to be vetted by their manager.  The manager just needs to be notified that User A is trying to transfer ownership of a case to User B.  Don't want to just let User A or User B change the ownership of this file without having the process vetted by the manager every time. 

Should I use an Approval Process, a Flow, Process Builder, Workflow Rules?  Any help appreciated!
AND(NOT(isblank(text(Breakdown_Draft__c))), NOT(isblank(text(Spare_Parts_Requested__c))),
Return_to_Previous_Dept__c = FALSE)
We are using the above Workflow Rule logic for 1 of about 10 workflow rules regarding a specific application that we've built.  About 4 or so months ago they just quit working.  Nothing in regards to the code changed that I know of (and I am the only 'developer' on this platform).  

Did anything regarding any platform change in the past 6 months cause any Workflow rules to quit firing?  As anyone heard of any similar issues?
I have a set of workflow rules with the exact same logic and some of them fire and some of them don't.  They just use the following logic to check if there is a value in a few fields then trigger a workflow that moves the record to the next department.

All the logic follows the below format, some of them work, some of them don't.  Doesn't appear to be any consistency to it whatsoever.

AND(NOT(isblank(text(Breakdown_Draft__c))), NOT(isblank(text(Spare_Parts_Requested__c))),
I have a value in an object that I'm trying to create a button for the user to de-crement (N - 1).  This value tracks the progress of an record in the program and the N - 1 functionality would allow the existing department to send a record back one phase if they find that it isn't done to their standards (a quality control function).  Found out that this can't be done in VisualForce itself via something simple like a command button that just writes out "object__c.field__c - 1" or something to that effect, so need the controller method of how this would be done and can't seem to find it online here.  

The field in question is called "RPP_Tracker__c.Present_Dept_Number__c".  Any help much appreciated.
Trying to create a custom button in VF page that grabs a field value and then subtracts 1 from the presently queried record.  Having trouble.  I can built a button with the underlying code that renders the button but when I click it I get the error of this thread post:

"Visualforce Error Help for this Page  Formula Expression is required on the action attributes."  

I presume this is due to how it's calling the record, but don't know what to change.

<apex:commandbutton value="Return to Prev Dept" action="{!RPP_Tracker__c.Present_Dept_Number__c - 1}" />
Probably a syntax error, what am I doing wrong?

I've got some code that grabs a date and inputs it into a SOQL query.  Looks like this:

Controller:
if (ven_createdby != null && ven_createdby != ''){
                string tempven_createdby = ven_createdby;
                tempven_createdby = String.escapeSingleQuotes(tempven_createdby); //To avoid SOQL injection
                tempven_createdby = tempven_createdby.startsWith('%') ? tempven_createdby : '%' + tempven_createdby;
                tempven_createdby = tempven_createdby.endsWith('%') ? tempven_createdby : tempven_createdby + '%';
                queryString += whereOrAndClause() + ' CreatedBy.Lastname like \''+tempven_createdby+'\'';

I'd like to mod this into two field inputs, one for a lower and one for a upper end date range.  Does anyone have any tips in how I could do this?  I know there are a lot of special tidbits in relation to dates to make coding simplier. 

Hi, a while ago I created a page that took user inputted query criteria and 'routed' it to a back end controller that would load the query results.  I created the date ranges that the users wanted via the following code:
public List<SelectOption> getInquiryStatusDate (){
List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
//options.add(new SelectOption('-- Select Inquiry Status --', ''));
//options.add(new SelectOption('180', 'None'));
options.add(new SelectOption('All', 'All'));
options.add(new SelectOption('10', 'Last 10 days'));
options.add(new SelectOption('30', 'Last 30 days'));
options.add(new SelectOption('60', 'Last 60 days'));
options.add(new SelectOption('90', 'Last 90 days'));
return options;
These are easy to do because I only have to provide a single field for the user to manipulate in order to get the date ranges they want.  
queryString = 'SELECT name, Inquiry__c, Inquiry_Status__c, Product__c, PO__c, Vendor__c, Created_Date__c, Customer__c, CreatedBy.Lastname, Vendor_Response__c'+
                                 ' FROM Vencorr__c';
The querystring 'builder'.
if (Ven_CreatedDate != null && Ven_CreatedDate!= '' && Ven_CreatedDate!= 'None' && Ven_CreatedDate!= 'All'){
                string tempVen_Created_Date = Ven_CreatedDate;
                tempVen_Created_Date = String.escapeSingleQuotes(tempVen_Created_Date); //To avoid SOQL injection
                queryString += whereOrAndClause() + ' CreatedDate = LAST_N_DAYS: '+Ven_CreatedDate;
            }
The code that builds the date range criteria of the query string.

But the users are now wanting a date range field where they can select the upper and lower date range.  I'm not sure how to do that, I presume I've got to create 2 date variable strings, then combine them together and then feed that into the SOQL query that's being built on the backend 

Hi, I have an app that needs to have a button next to Edit and Delete and Save that changes a field value of the record viewed to '11'. 

So far I have this: 

<apex:commandbutton value="----- Mark Complete-----" action="{!RPP_Tracker__c.Present_Dept_Number__c = 11}"  />
I know this won't work because it's not actual referencing any specific record, simply the custom object field, but how do I change this to get the custom button to grab the existing record that is displayed on the page on which is presently being viewed?

Seems like it should be easy.

Seems simple enough, probably is like half a line of code.  

I have a VF page and I need that attachment list to show up as it does in the Page Layout.  Is that possible?
Hi, my previous question had different errors when trying to setup this same result as a Formula field, now I'm doing it through Workflow Rules / Field Updates and experiencing different error messages.  It all seems to boil down that I can't check to see if a Text field is null(blank) using the "ISBLANK" logical unit.  I don't know why that would be an issue, as the ISBLANK function is supposed to work with Text fields as per the online help guide.  

Right now my formula looks like this:  

IF(ISBLANK(Response__c ), "Responded", "Original")

And my error looks like this:

Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (true or false).

Rather odd, I don't get it.  
We integrate some data from our ERP over to Salesforce for better visibilty and reporting of our customers.  I'm bringing over the order lines from the ERP database nightly using Jitterbit.  However I don't have a solid data association between the Account objects and the Orders yet.  We bring over the Account Number of the ERP system into the Orders object; and we have the ERP Account number 'stamped' on the Salesforce Accounts that we've done business with; but presently there isn't any hard linkage between these two objects.

I'm wondering what type of relationship would suffice here.  Looking through the various types (Lookup, Master-Detail, Hierarchical) none of them are a match for what I'm after.  I don't want this to have to be user driven; I'd rather it associated itself to the other record if there was a match.  In my previous experience you can't assoicate two records in Salesforce based on an external key.  All associations must be done with SFIDs for things... is that the case?  And if so, any recommendations on how to associate this data with the minimal amount of overhead?  
Hi, I'm trying to associate two objects that are coming from an external system.  I'm puzzled as to how a Master-Detail set of objects in Salesforce as even associated.  In MSSQL or other database software (or even Access!) I can create a join between two objects on a specific criteria.  In Salesforce I have no apparent options between two objects in the Schema Builder or Object Design to "Join" the Master-Detail objects together.  It is just a mandatory relationship, but what criteria is the join created with?  Seems like somewhere in the Schema Builder would specify what field the association of a Master-Detail is using.  

Any advice welcome!
Has anyone ever seen a PB not execute for some users records but execute for other users records?  I have a PB that is an alert-generator for Opportunities, the problem is that it works for me (my Opps) but not other users.  

Don't know why this could be happening, since PBs are supposed to run as a system account on the back-end.  

Has anyone seen this before?  
I have tried, and tried and tried again over and over to make Process Builder work with the simpleist of logic and it always fails and has errors.  One example of a Process Builder fix that I'm trying to implement is to create notifications if a Lead has gone 24 hours without being opened by its Owner.  There is that handy field called "Unread by Owner" that Process Builder can "kinda" see, it calls is "IsUnreadbyOwner", I think that these are the same field (they are both boolean for example) but they have slightly different names.  I haven't had any luck and have a deluge of Flow report error messages emails for nearly every possible thing that one can attempt to do with this under the sun.  

Has anyone had any luck with Process Builder?  It seems that either it doesn't understand basic logic that would work in any other code or scripting language, or it is incredibly buggy and unreliable.  Could it just be me?
Hi everyone!

I'm not finding "$user" (minus the quotes) in the 3000+ page Salesforce Developer guide, nor am I finding it in this forum.  I know that certain calls can be made with the $User.ID, or $User.XYZ?  I'd like to know what a comprehensive list of those looked like so I coudl use them in a Validation Rule that I'm working on and just to have them for reference.  Any help appreciated!  They must be somewhere!
Thought that Validation Rules and then Process builder would have the answer here, but I'm not finding the system-wide variable for "Current User" as a valid option for either of those systems so I'm not sure how to set this up.

I have an object that Sales has access to and they can edit a specific field "Recommended to", however I only want them to be able to edit that field when they are the specific record owner.  These records might change owner over and over again in their life-cycle and I wanted to restrict the ability to change that field only to who presently owned it.  Hope I do this with something other than having to scrap the Page Views and put in manual Visualforce code!
Hi, I'm trying to create a simple program that tracks some demo cases that we have out in the field.  Hitting a wall in regards to every tool I try and use in Salesforce.  

Here is what I'm trying to do, 
I've got a demo kit that needs to transfer ownership from one user to another, but needs to be vetted by their manager.  The manager just needs to be notified that User A is trying to transfer ownership of a case to User B.  Don't want to just let User A or User B change the ownership of this file without having the process vetted by the manager every time. 

Should I use an Approval Process, a Flow, Process Builder, Workflow Rules?  Any help appreciated!
I have a set of workflow rules with the exact same logic and some of them fire and some of them don't.  They just use the following logic to check if there is a value in a few fields then trigger a workflow that moves the record to the next department.

All the logic follows the below format, some of them work, some of them don't.  Doesn't appear to be any consistency to it whatsoever.

I have a value in an object that I'm trying to create a button for the user to de-crement (N - 1).  This value tracks the progress of an record in the program and the N - 1 functionality would allow the existing department to send a record back one phase if they find that it isn't done to their standards (a quality control function).  Found out that this can't be done in VisualForce itself via something simple like a command button that just writes out "object__c.field__c - 1" or something to that effect, so need the controller method of how this would be done and can't seem to find it online here.  

The field in question is called "RPP_Tracker__c.Present_Dept_Number__c".  Any help much appreciated.
Trying to create a custom button in VF page that grabs a field value and then subtracts 1 from the presently queried record.  Having trouble.  I can built a button with the underlying code that renders the button but when I click it I get the error of this thread post:

"Visualforce Error Help for this Page  Formula Expression is required on the action attributes."  

I presume this is due to how it's calling the record, but don't know what to change.

<apex:commandbutton value="Return to Prev Dept" action="{!RPP_Tracker__c.Present_Dept_Number__c - 1}" />
Probably a syntax error, what am I doing wrong?

Seems simple enough, probably is like half a line of code.  

I have a VF page and I need that attachment list to show up as it does in the Page Layout.  Is that possible?
Hi, I'm trying to make the VF record view page that I created to have a Delete button that deletes the record, but only to render that when the record itself is owned by the user that's trying to delete it AND if a certain field in that record equals "Original".

Not sure how to do either, I've yet to make any VF code that directly uses something within the record itself.  

Is this possible? And can anyone point me in the right direction?

What's the best way to have product images (that are hosted in Salesforce) be displayed in a gallery format on a sites page? Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!