• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all.  I am posting under my supervisors name/account.  I posyed a similar question yesterday but I have a little more information now so I appreciate the input and help!

I have been tasked with taking a fresh copy of the PROD database schema and replacing the Sandbox schema database to give us identical database schemas in both environments.  I know most people end up pushing the Sandox to Prod but we need to do the opposite.  I have only been exposed to Salesforce for the past two days sdo it's all very new to me.  However, I do have a strong DBA background (MS SQL Server).

(We have a Enterprise license of SalesForce and I do have access to a UI called "Workbench".)

After yesterday's post I as told I could:

"In Production, go to Setup -> Deploy -> Sandboxes -> Refresh next to your "Full" type sandbox. If you don't yet have a full sandbox, you'll have to create a New Sandbox first."

When I logged into the Prod environment, I see that we have "Developer" type of Sandbox but now a Full type.  Does this matter?  From what I can tell, we do not have a license for a Full Sandbox.  It says, 0 in Use, 0 Available for Full Sandbox licenses.

Should I delete the Developer version and then implement a Full version?  Thoughts?  Advice?  Feedback?

Thanks!
Hello all.  I am posting under my supervisors name/account.  I have been tasked with taking a fresh copy of the PROD database and replacing the Sandbox database to give us identical database objects (tables, queries) and data at the time of execution in both environments.  I know most people end up pushing the Sandox to Prod but we need to do the opposite.  I have only been exposed to Salesforce for the past two days sdo it's all very new to me.  However, I do have a strong DBA background (MS SQL Server). 

How would I go about doing this?  We have a Enterprise license of SalesForce and I do have access to a UI called "Workbench".

(To emphasize, this is for the database only.)

Thanks!

Hello all.  I am posting under my supervisors name/account.  I have been tasked with taking a fresh copy of the PROD database and replacing the Sandbox database to give us identical database objects (tables, queries) and data at the time of execution in both environments.  I know most people end up pushing the Sandox to Prod but we need to do the opposite.  I have only been exposed to Salesforce for the past two days sdo it's all very new to me.  However, I do have a strong DBA background (MS SQL Server). 

How would I go about doing this?  We have a Enterprise license of SalesForce and I do have access to a UI called "Workbench".

(To emphasize, this is for the database only.)

Thanks!