• 30 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know how to develop and deploy a Salesforce app but I am still a bit sketchy about some aspects.

I am developing an application which has certain user previlages for certain users. (Can this be achieved?)
Can different users have different user screens according to the previlages?
  1. I have observed there are certain tabs like Dashboard under the Apps. Can these be kept hidden from the users for lesser confusion?
  2. Can these applications be via an extension to the organisation's url itself instead of salesforce?                                                                                                  If "NO", Why? Can someone please explain?
  3. Does anyone who would like to use the application from my organisation have a Salesforce account?                                                                                        If "YES" what type of Salesforce account would that be?
  4. To use the app,if someone accesses the link where the app is hosted, Should the user be complusarily logged into their Salesforce Account?                                                                                                                                                                      
Please can someone address my issues?
Hi,

We are trying to make a callout to "https://support.breadwinnerhq.com/bwpayment/v1/accounts/00Db0000000b9t" from Salesforce. But, we are facing an exception:

System.CalloutException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching support.breadwinnerhq.com found.

The domain has a valid SSL certificate.

We have checked from SSL shopper: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html?submit=submit&hostname=support.breadwinnerhq.com (https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html?submit=submit&hostname=support.breadwinnerhq.com)

But, still we are facing this issue.

We don't understand why is Salesforce not allowing us to make callouts to this domain when it has a valid SSL certificate and the browsers allow it.

Thanks,
Rupali
I am having a problem on  some of my clients instances after the spring 14 release (instances NA1, NA13 and CS10, for the time being).
I need to consume a service that takes some time to respond, so I set up the timeout for 120s. After 30s, Salesforce is presenting the following exception: 

"SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY| [24] | System.debug (ANY)
USER_DEBUG | [24] | DEBUG | Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: Request timed out. Waiting for [30] seconds. faultcode=e:Server faultactor=
SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT | [24] | System.debug (ANY)
DML_BEGIN | {26} | Op:Update | Type:Opportunity | Rows:1"

I know how to develop and deploy a Salesforce app but I am still a bit sketchy about some aspects.

I am developing an application which has certain user previlages for certain users. (Can this be achieved?)
Can different users have different user screens according to the previlages?
  1. I have observed there are certain tabs like Dashboard under the Apps. Can these be kept hidden from the users for lesser confusion?
  2. Can these applications be via an extension to the organisation's url itself instead of salesforce?                                                                                                  If "NO", Why? Can someone please explain?
  3. Does anyone who would like to use the application from my organisation have a Salesforce account?                                                                                        If "YES" what type of Salesforce account would that be?
  4. To use the app,if someone accesses the link where the app is hosted, Should the user be complusarily logged into their Salesforce Account?                                                                                                                                                                      
Please can someone address my issues?