• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do i know Salesforce server url is redirecting to CAS/AD server url? Is there any open source tool/plugin/Salesforce CLI commands to track the status/progress?

How do we get access to Salesforce server?
  • December 11, 2019
I have created a project in IDE to migrate data from sandbox to ide delete unused components and deploy to server. This provides data cleansing to the instances. As I have selected custom labels to add in the project I get an error Java.lang.nullpointexception another error explaining custom object type cannot be cast to component type.please explain a better way to complete this in IDE with all the metadata and components gets upgraded and I can delete from ide before deploying to server.im not sure if it this process  hard deletes the unused or leftover components or if there is any other process to clean unused data please explain!

i have also tried ant migration tool initially overcame with installation problems of ant and now im confused with the folders codepkg,mypkg,unpackaged each of the folder has package.xml so I need to understand in which package's folder should I enter the complete list of components and metadata in package.xml file. This is large amount of data do I need to enter manually in one package.xml file as there is one build.properties file.and one more question with login credentials in build.properties if I want to retrieve metadata &components from sandbox and then delete unused data using destructive changes.xml  in removecodepkg folder and then deploy to production can I enter multiple login credentials in build.properties  for sandbox and  prod to retrieve and deploy.
  • March 08, 2015
1. How to delete the data in eclipse if i create the project and upload the metadata from prod i need to cleanup selected unused metadata components in eclipse and then push the data in prod ?
2. I would like to know clearly how to deploy metadata in workbench and delete the unused components  and push data to prod here as well?
3. how to deploy to ant tool and how to delete unused components and send data to prod?

I would like anyone to explain in notes separately for three different scenarios. Please let me know asap.
I have tried to browse online but i didnt find any exact video or document to solve this process that im looking for
Thanks for your time and Appreciate your help!

• February 24, 2015

Hello,

The issue is the same my mac is OSx 10.10 Yosemite which accepts only java se 7 or higher so i downloaded java se 8 and also installed eclipse luna 64 bit coz eclipse kepler and helios i tried to install they need java se6  not se8 so further i tried to install force.com plugin which installed successfully as i can check from about eclipse>installation details> force.com ide v31 is installed but when i check from perspective it doesn't show up.
i tried to re install plugin, restart eclipse and check in perspective still force.com ide not found 
and in the add repository> the location used to fill up automatically in past and now its empty i need to manually enter the url for force.com ide to download from internet into eclipse luna
please help to resolve this issue asap...Appreciate your help!
  • January 30, 2015

Hello,

The issue is the same my mac is OSx 10.10 Yosemite which accepts only java se 7 or higher so i downloaded java se 8 and also installed eclipse luna 64 bit coz eclipse kepler and helios i tried to install they need java se6  not se8 so further i tried to install force.com plugin which installed successfully as i can check from about eclipse>installation details> force.com ide v31 is installed but when i check from perspective it doesn't show up.
i tried to re install plugin, restart eclipse and check in perspective still force.com ide not found 
and in the add repository> the location used to fill up automatically in past and now its empty i need to manually enter the url for force.com ide to download from internet into eclipse luna
please help to resolve this issue asap...Appreciate your help!
  • January 30, 2015
How do i know Salesforce server url is redirecting to CAS/AD server url? Is there any open source tool/plugin/Salesforce CLI commands to track the status/progress?

How do we get access to Salesforce server?
  • December 11, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions to get the Force.com perspective option to appear in Eclipse -- ON OSX Mavericks? 

I installed eclipse, dragged it to Applications, and an able to open it. 
I have followed the instructions here to install the Force.com IDE :https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I have searched, and all the articles, answered questions say to edit eclipse.ini to add an expicit path the the JRE. I've been unable to locate eclipse.ini on OSX. There is a config.ini, but I cannot find a line in that file that appears to be appropriate to edit. 

I have tried Eclipse 4.2 and 4.3, and tried JRE 7, and JRE 8. 

Eclipse-> About Eclipse->Installation Details  shows that Force.com IDE is installed: "Force.com IDE 31.0.0.201406301722 com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group salesforce.com'

I cannot open a Force.com project, and the Perspective is not available as a choice. 
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.