• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are working to change our identity provider to MS Azure and apparently Azure only supports SSO for orgs which have a custom domain set up.  Our instance is fairly basic and we have never set a custom domain.  What I haven't been able to figure out is whether setting a custom domain will cause problems for other existing integrations which are coded to the 'login.salesforce.com' URL.  I don't want to have to spend the time/money updating our integration code for 15-20 interfaces just to enable SSO but I can't find any documentation in the SSO setup help that clarifies whether configuring a custom domain means you can no longer access the standard login page.  Any voices of reason that can provide some clarity for me?
My company is doing a network upgrade project and want to perform validations using our various integrated QA environments but need to be able to positively identify what network traffic is intended for QA versus traffic intended for Production.  Since Salesforce.com has only published whitelist ranges across all environments/instances I can't tell what IP address traffic my network team needs to re-direct to hit the new components and systems.  I did find the 'tracert' suggestion in https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008ulZIAQ but wondered how others have handled this situation to differentiate network traffic to/from Salesforce.com for different environments.  Thanks!
We are trying to leverage oAuth and the REST API to gather User information for presenting brands on our Marketing website (so that the user only sees the brands that they are allowed based on a setting in their Salesforce.com user record). This method is currently failing with limited logging. One issue is that from the Staging server for our website we are not able to get a stable connection to salesforce.com - no IP restrictions are in place and no blocking should be turned on within our Org. The second issue is that a standard gitHub call for GetUserInfo is not working and returns an invalid JSON string that cannot be used by our website. Ticket has also been raised on github (https://github.com/developerforce/Force.com-Toolkit-for-NET/issues/74).  Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful as this has us completely blocked with moving foward on proper testing.  Thanks!
Hi, I've been browsing and can't find a solution so thought I'd come to the forum for more help.  My scenario:  We have an existing Salesforce.com Partner Portal and we are rebuilding a marketing website which I want to display information based on the Partner's SFDC user record.  (i.e. - applicable products, brands, etc).  Currently we have an oAuth call triggered by a login page which gathers the user's SFDC ID, Authentication token and details but then once the authenticated user tries to navigate to a SFDC Partner Portal page they are prompted to log in again.  I've been told that I need to enable SSO however that appears to be meant for folks that want to use an external authentication provider to drive sign-on to SFDC.  I actually want the reverse - I want to use the SFDC Login/credentials as the authentication into the marketing website.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  I had been told this wouldn't be complex but here we are a week out from go-live and still don't have a solution from the web guys building the marketing site.  

SFDC edition is Enterprise Edition
We are using the old Partner Portal (not communities)
Marketing website is built on SiteCore

Thanks,

Josh
We are trying to leverage oAuth and the REST API to gather User information for presenting brands on our Marketing website (so that the user only sees the brands that they are allowed based on a setting in their Salesforce.com user record). This method is currently failing with limited logging. One issue is that from the Staging server for our website we are not able to get a stable connection to salesforce.com - no IP restrictions are in place and no blocking should be turned on within our Org. The second issue is that a standard gitHub call for GetUserInfo is not working and returns an invalid JSON string that cannot be used by our website. Ticket has also been raised on github (https://github.com/developerforce/Force.com-Toolkit-for-NET/issues/74).  Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful as this has us completely blocked with moving foward on proper testing.  Thanks!
Hi, I've been browsing and can't find a solution so thought I'd come to the forum for more help.  My scenario:  We have an existing Salesforce.com Partner Portal and we are rebuilding a marketing website which I want to display information based on the Partner's SFDC user record.  (i.e. - applicable products, brands, etc).  Currently we have an oAuth call triggered by a login page which gathers the user's SFDC ID, Authentication token and details but then once the authenticated user tries to navigate to a SFDC Partner Portal page they are prompted to log in again.  I've been told that I need to enable SSO however that appears to be meant for folks that want to use an external authentication provider to drive sign-on to SFDC.  I actually want the reverse - I want to use the SFDC Login/credentials as the authentication into the marketing website.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  I had been told this wouldn't be complex but here we are a week out from go-live and still don't have a solution from the web guys building the marketing site.  

SFDC edition is Enterprise Edition
We are using the old Partner Portal (not communities)
Marketing website is built on SiteCore

Thanks,

Josh
Multi-part question:

1. Is it possible to generate a security token for a Partner Portal User (Gold Partner license) ?
2. I have tried to login/authenticate a user of the above type using the username-password OAuth flow without a security token by setting an trusted ip login scope, but receive an "invalid_grant" error of "Unknown Exception: 1201". There doesn't seem to be any specific documentation as to whether or not Partner Portal (Gold Partner license) users are able to authenticate via OAuth -- is this possible?