• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using the PKB3 plugin for Salesforce, and integrating it with our Customer Service console, so agents can answer cases through SFDC.

When searching for Knowledge base articles through the agent console, it opens a new tab with the article in it, as shown in this screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s167/sh/81238564-38e3-4260-b7f9-ca02f23500b8/953f9c3443d238800678fb412c1e75ea

How do I add custom CSS, and ideally Javascript, to these pages?

Thanks!
Alan
I am using this Visualforce code to emit a pick list: <apex:inputField id="platform_input" value="{!caseObj.Platform__c}" required="true" />

My issue is that the first item in the list is: <option value="">--None--</option>

How can I change the label for that item to something else, like "Select a product".

Note: I would want to replace "--None--" in several other pick-lists as well with pick list specific messages such as "Select an issue", "Select a platform", etc.

Thanks!
We're creating a PKB contact form from scratch. Does anyone have an example of a functioning PKB contact form page, which creates a case in salesforce when submitted?

Thanks!
Alan
I have to enable the chat button queue in  live agent so that chats are routed to the queues.
I have gone to Chat Buttons and Automated Invitations--->Enable Queue and tried few other various things but i am not getting this:
User-added image

i am currenbtly getting only this:
User-added image
Thanks

I have a custom Case Action to create a new case; I'm doing this to specifically preselect a value for Status. The name of this action is New_Case_Community_User. When adding this action as a property under Case Creation for Signed-In users, my Community users receive the following error message when trying to create a case in Community Cloud:
  • Either this action doesn't exist or you don't have access to it: New_Case_Community_User

The record type associated with this action is assigned to the user profile receiving this error. Any ideas on what is missing in this Site.com / Community Cloud configuration? 

Salesforce Support was unable to resolve the issue during a long screenshare, and recommended the Developer forum.
We're building an SFDC community and we want to use a page in site.com to display our SFDC Knowledge articles. We hoped to use the Data Repeater element on the page, but it doesn't look like SFDC has exposed these yet. Do you know of a way to get access to the SFDC Knowledge articles in site.com?
I am using this Visualforce code to emit a pick list: <apex:inputField id="platform_input" value="{!caseObj.Platform__c}" required="true" />

My issue is that the first item in the list is: <option value="">--None--</option>

How can I change the label for that item to something else, like "Select a product".

Note: I would want to replace "--None--" in several other pick-lists as well with pick list specific messages such as "Select an issue", "Select a platform", etc.

Thanks!
We're creating a PKB contact form from scratch. Does anyone have an example of a functioning PKB contact form page, which creates a case in salesforce when submitted?

Thanks!
Alan

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out have to track Quick Text feature when a agent uses it. Basically, how many time a quick text was use over a given time, How many times did an Agent use a specific quick text over a period of time, etc..

I have looked into the Quick Text reports and/or "Sample Quick Text Report" but there's no count field or anything, you can report on any of the fields like title, description, category, etc..

So now I am thinking of creating our own count field and then write an apex trigger to update the field each time it's used if possible.

I want to know if there is a better way to work this solution or how to go about adding apex trigger to get the same results.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

• July 17, 2013

I need to use a Visual Force email Template when cases are closed so I can customize the Reply To Field.

How do I include the Case thread ID?

How do I include the Case Owner's Email Signature?

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact" 
relatedToType="Case"
replyTo="{!relatedTo.Owner.email}"
subject="Notice of Closed Case & Client Survey: {!relatedto.CaseNumber}" >
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>
<body>
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
        <html>
            <body>

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
            <p>This is to inform you that Case # {!relatedto.CaseNumber} which was reported by you on {!relatedto.CreatedDate} has been marked as 'Closed'.   If you feel that this case has been closed in error, please do not hesitate to contact us.</p>

<p>Sincere regards,</p>
            <br></br>
            <p>{!relatedTo.owner.name}</p>
<p>CASE OWNER SIGNATURE HERE</p>
            <br></br>
            <br></br>     
<p>CASE THREAD ID HERE</p>

</body>
        </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I have a custom Case Action to create a new case; I'm doing this to specifically preselect a value for Status. The name of this action is New_Case_Community_User. When adding this action as a property under Case Creation for Signed-In users, my Community users receive the following error message when trying to create a case in Community Cloud:
  • Either this action doesn't exist or you don't have access to it: New_Case_Community_User

The record type associated with this action is assigned to the user profile receiving this error. Any ideas on what is missing in this Site.com / Community Cloud configuration? 

Salesforce Support was unable to resolve the issue during a long screenshare, and recommended the Developer forum.