• 30 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi! I am REALLY new to coding. I cannot seem to get this simple trigger to work. I want the rich text from my Service__c.Deliverables__c to be copied to Selected_Service__c.Custom_Description__c. What am I doing wrong? It gives me the error 'A value cannot be stored to Custom_Description__c in type Selected_Service__c

trigger updtrichtextfld on Selected_Service__c (before insert) {

for(Selected_Service__c u:trigger.new){
Selected_Service__c.Custom_Description__c=Service__c.Deliverables__c;
}
}
I created a workflow that increments a custom field (push counter) by 1 if the due date on a task is changed. I also created a validation rule that states if the Push Counter is greater than 3, throw out the error message.

However, when I do this, I get the Workflow Failed screen instead of the error message. How can I set this up so that the users get Error Messsage instead of the Workflow failed screen because of the validation rule the workflow won't work.  However, I want the users to see this:

Want this:
User-added image

Not this:
User-added image
Hi! I am REALLY new to coding. I cannot seem to get this simple trigger to work. I want the rich text from my Service__c.Deliverables__c to be copied to Selected_Service__c.Custom_Description__c. What am I doing wrong? It gives me the error 'A value cannot be stored to Custom_Description__c in type Selected_Service__c

trigger updtrichtextfld on Selected_Service__c (before insert) {

for(Selected_Service__c u:trigger.new){
Selected_Service__c.Custom_Description__c=Service__c.Deliverables__c;
}
}
  We're using  web-to-case form submission system from our site.aAfter we submit it to SFDC it redirects the user's browser to a page we specify(i.e., the site page itself).Is there any work around or process to get the Case number after its submission on the site? Is it possible?

I know Web to case is asynchronous.With the existing system,the customer can get an email after the submission. Need ideas.
We have a Company portal called " XXXX Company Portal."Here, the company agent logs in and checks all his authorized records(drivers,vehicles and cases which were only assigned to that particular company). We have many companies with vehicles, drivers etc. All the other companies are able to access their only records shared with them(sharing rules). there is certain company that is able to see every record in our organization which we are not comfortable with. While the other companies are able to see the object records shared , I'm unable to understand why this particular account able to see everything.Initially,we had every vehicle under this account,but we updated them eventually to other companies. With the sharing rules, they were set to private
Is it possible to allow people accessing a Sites page to create and view standard Salesforce Events or Tasks? This would be from a custom object record.
Hi ,

I am new to salesforce  I am creating custom VF pages for communities .
My question here is
Thre is a profile that the users are logging in Communities with Custom Partner Profile which has 'End' as the default record type as it is the only record type.
So the community users logs in creates lead with (End record type) convert into Opportunity(End record type) .. after an opportunity of End record type is created ,  i have created a  trigger which would create Lead with(seller record type) .. but unfortunately it is creating Lead with End Record type ..

Any suggestions or help for get lead of record type as seller ?? Is there any possibility
Many thanks

I need to  remove the Rules from  lead assignment queue and associated  its rule.   Leads in this existing  queue (whichwe are removing)should be moved to the another  queue. please let me know the process Thanks in advance

Hi,
We have 2 objects:

Order and Order Line
We create an order and have the option of spliting order and corresponding order lines into different orders. Now splited orders become child to the Main order through self look up and the all child orders will have many corresponding oredr lines.
Whenever these child orederlines are updtaed, we need update the parent order as well as the Parent order lines.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Aditya

I'm currently testing out Survey Force from Force.com Labs http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003I2gDEAS

I
've manage to install, deploy and create my first survey, however when I select 'Email link with Contact & Case merge' it is not finding any sites to expose to. The only option I have is internal despite the fact I have a site enabled with the required vforce pages.

I am doing this in a sandbox, would this cause this to happen?

If anyone can advise, I would be very grateful!

Cheers,

Graeme

• February 23, 2012