• Administrator
  • L-3 Communications

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to run a report of our content in SFDC including the Weblink URL for those 'link' content records.  I have been unable to find 'URL' in any of the content reports and I do not see where I can build a custom Content report type. 

I also attempted to pull this data using data loader but was unable to locate URL field in that tool.

For further clarity - the URL field I am looking to pull into report is entered upon creating Content 'link' record.  When creating content, there is an option to create link to website instead which prompts for the entry of URL - screen shots below. 

Link to website option in Content

Create Content link to website - enter URL

Once the content is created, you can then edit this URL by editing the content details:

Content link edit URL

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am trying to pull attachments from a parent object onto the approval email alert (as links) when the child object is submitted for approval.  I am able to pull all the fields from the parent object onto the VF template; but for some reason attachments will not work and i receive the following error message:  Error: Aggregate Relationship is used in an unsupported complex expression containing 'OBJECTA__r.attachments'. 

Beginning of template:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="CDR Approval Request - {!RelatedTo.PARENT__r.Account__r.Name}" recipientType="User" relatedToType="CHILD__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

Section pertaining to attachments:
<apex:repeat value="{!relatedTo.PARENT__r.Attachments}" var="a"> 
 <p><a href="https://CS15.salesforce.com/{!URLFOR($Action.Attachment.Download, a.name)}">{!a.Name}</a> ({!a.BodyLength} B)</p>
</apex:repeat>

I believe referencing 'PARENT__r' is the problem, but I do not know how else to reference that the attachments need to pull from the parent object (not child as it will have none)?

Do I need to create a controller to pull the parent object attachments and then reference that controller in the email template??

Please help!

I have a VF email template that I want to use for approval email alerts.  I want to have the attachments associated with the object being sent for approval attached to the email alert.  Thus far, i am only able to get the attachments to 'list' on a PDF versus attach.  The portion of the email alert is below pertaining to the attachments.  Am I missing a component that pulls the attachments as attachments or something else?  Any help is greatly appreciated as I've looked through help text and am unable to find solution that works.

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>  

<messaging:attachment renderAs="PDF" filename="CDR Approval.pdf">
<apex:repeat var="files" value="{!relatedTo.Attachments}">
{!files.name}
</apex:repeat>

</messaging:attachment>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

Hello,

We would like to have documents attached to a custom object record (Notes & Attachments) be sent with the approval request email once that record has entered the approval process.  Is there anyway to do this?

It would be nice if when setting up the approval process, admin could just click a button similar to 'include record documents with approval email request'; but seems that is not available?

Alternately, set up a second email alert with documents attached that follows the approval process and is triggered each time an approval step is marked as approved.  That then triggers email with documents attached to next approver in process.

Have spoken with Conga and created a button, but having difficulty figuring out how to include 'next approver' in query to populate email address in secondary email.

Help greatly appreciated.
I am trying to run a report of our content in SFDC including the Weblink URL for those 'link' content records.  I have been unable to find 'URL' in any of the content reports and I do not see where I can build a custom Content report type. 

I also attempted to pull this data using data loader but was unable to locate URL field in that tool.

For further clarity - the URL field I am looking to pull into report is entered upon creating Content 'link' record.  When creating content, there is an option to create link to website instead which prompts for the entry of URL - screen shots below. 

Link to website option in Content

Create Content link to website - enter URL

Once the content is created, you can then edit this URL by editing the content details:

Content link edit URL

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello Team,

Below is a requirement from one of our customers.

The objective is to have a parallel approval process on an object.
For Example, when a record is submitted for approval, it has to spawn multiple approval steps(more than 2) in Parallel (say, Approval from Legal team, approval from Finance team). Either of these steps can be approved/rejected in parallel by different sets of approvers.

We can find parallel approvers for a single approval step but not parallel approval steps in the configuration. Can anybody please guide here how to achieve this parallel approval steps?

From Visual-Force template. I  have to send Attachment stored under Notes & Attachments section of Sales form(sales form is a custom object).
In the company with sales-form  user update Attachment(contains Rebate check detail or item description).
In Approval e-mail request Accounting/Finance team needs to see all the attached document under Notes&Atachment section.

I am able to get Notes section easily but finding all the attachment and sending it from  Visual force template with e-mail I am struggling with.

Appreciate any input or help

• December 26, 2012

Hi there,

From what i am reading, it is possible to send a pdf attachment in a visual force email template. But only if that attachment is created on the fly using merge fields. 

Is it possible to attach a pdf file that is stored in the Notes & Attachments object, and have that attachment sent with the visual force email template?