• Wildlife Victoria Inc

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I created a List Button (URL) in the Solution object to add to the Case page. I have named this button "Search Inside Sales Solutions". I would like to pass the Solution search criteria a user enters through to the Solution page and only search within a specific Solution Category. I have two different Solution Categories: Tech Service Solutions and Inside Sales Solutions. I copied the URL when I entered search text on the Case page for Inside Sales Solutions and came up with this:

/ui/solution/SolutionSearchPage?t=4&searchtype=C&search=furnace&cid=02n400000000vSk&go=Find+Solution

This link allows me to search for the word "furnace" directly under the Inside Sales Solutions. I looked in the Case page code for the field name to reference the search text entered, but I could not get anything to work. If I replaced the "&search=furnace" with "&search=srch_Input" or "&search={srch_Input}" the words srch_Input or {srch_Input} show up in the seach box, yielding no results, of course. (At least the Inside Sales Solutions category was selected properly.)

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to reference the search information the user enters from the Case page to the Solutions page in a link, and if it is possible, how to do it.

Thank you