• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I needed to first create some Record Types for some custom objects using Metadata. After doing those, I was to upsert the records on those custom objects using the RecordTypeId.

I noticed one thing that one needs to set the visibility of the Record Types from Profile otherwise the Error comes - something like Invalide RecordTypeId for the User.

So, I have the flow of my application set from Java as

First create the Record Types, thereafter fetch the RecordTypeID and then upsert the records on the custom object I need to target.

So, I need to update the Profile using Metadata API itself to set the visibility of Record Types as:

ProfileRecordTypeVisibility[] prtv = new ProfileRecordTypeVisibility[recordTypes.size()];
prtv[0] = new ProfileRecordTypeVisibility();
prtv[0].setRecordType("abc");
prtv[0].setDefault(true);
prtv[0].setVisible(true);

Profile pr = new Profile();
pr.setRecordTypeVisibilities(prtv);
UpdateMetadata ut = new UpdateMetadata();
pr.setFullName("System_Administrator");
ut.setMetadata(pr);

So, I'm getting the Error like

com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: In field: fullName - no Profile named System_Administrator found.

I have even tried System Administrator, Profile, Profile.System_Administrator but none worked for me.

The Salesforce doc says for the Profile object's fullName field: It must be specified when creating, updating, or deleting.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong or is there anything else I can go for.

Thanks